LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #346 of 451
Have you tried wearing them over ear?  I can see how this may not fit everyone, but I was able to do it successfully and it really helps resolve microphonics problems.

I don't have them anymore but,
Wouldn't you have to switch channels?

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #349 of 451
Finally got a chance to give these a listen.  I like them- a lot.

I'm not a fan of flat cables but this one is of the thinner variety and is less annoying but I still have more tangle issues with flat cables than regular cables.  Never-the-less it's not bad.

I had no problems wearing them over the ear if I reverse channels.  Not a big deal, I do this all the time with iems made to wear down.

Sound quality is great.  Descriptors that quickly come to mind are soft, round and clear.  The overall sig is a very slight V but nothing as deep as the E10 or Delta.  The treble is my favorite part.  It's nice and sparkly  without harshness or being sibilance prone.  Very good treble timbre.  Mids are clear and laid back with very good vocal clarity.  Bass is on the soft side with a round note that leads to a bit of a mushy presence.  A weakness but far from a deal killer.  I'll definitely recommend these and in fact prefer them to the Deltas but very slightly prefer the E10 over them.  The E10 has a more bass presence (creating a bigger V and more spacious stage), so if someone isn't looking for bass that plentiful, then the Quadbeats 2 is the ticket, as their treble has a lot of similarity during my quick a/b.

All in all a very, very good budget iem.  Thanks to Inks for the loan.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #351 of 451
I got this with LG G2. Initially I felt that they were that good. Recently I got a FiiO E6 for my Sony XBA-H1. So I thought of testing it out with LG Quadbeat 2... I was blown away by the difference with and without the amp. It's really an excellent in-ear. It need couple of hours of burn in I would say around 50 hours or so. I would recommend for someone looking for a budget IEM. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #354 of 451
Have you tried wearing them over ear?  I can see how this may not fit everyone, but I was able to do it successfully and it really helps resolve microphonics problems.
hey thanks for the reply. I did try it and for the first few times it was weird. But then you get the hang of it and how to do it in less time. Though doing it that way surely pulled the remote and mic up so it was difficult to have a clear conversation with someone in the phone. But yeah, it definitely killed all the microphonics and I really love them more. I got a pair of Shure SE215 anyway to add to my audio arsenal. But these are a treasure as well to keep and use them on the go. One tip: reverse the channels and insert it so that the wire from each channel leaves your ear perpendicular to it ( as in Between the tragus and helix of your ear.... See any anatomy figure of external ear.... Yeah I am actually a Doctor!) this provides a great fit!

Hope I helped.....

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #355 of 451
  Finally got a chance to give these a listen.  I like them- a lot.

I'm not a fan of flat cables but this one is of the thinner variety and is less annoying but I still have more tangle issues with flat cables than regular cables.  Never-the-less it's not bad.

I had no problems wearing them over the ear if I reverse channels.  Not a big deal, I do this all the time with iems made to wear down.

Sound quality is great.  Descriptors that quickly come to mind are soft, round and clear.  The overall sig is a very slight V but nothing as deep as the E10 or Delta.  The treble is my favorite part.  It's nice and sparkly  without harshness or being sibilance prone.  Very good treble timbre.  Mids are clear and laid back with very good vocal clarity.  Bass is on the soft side with a round note that leads to a bit of a mushy presence.  A weakness but far from a deal killer.  I'll definitely recommend these and in fact prefer them to the Deltas but very slightly prefer the E10 over them.  The E10 has a more bass presence (creating a bigger V and more spacious stage), so if someone isn't looking for bass that plentiful, then the Quadbeats 2 is the ticket, as their treble has a lot of similarity during my quick a/b.

All in all a very, very good budget iem.  Thanks to Inks for the loan.

Hi there
I know it is a little too much to ask,  but can you do a detailed E10M vs Quadbeat 2, if you have the time (considering SQ of course and microphonics, I absolutely hate them) ? I have listened to E10 (friend's) and really liked them ( I have ES18 ).
btw I prefer neutral/accurate sound
Thanks
Hitesh

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #356 of 451
I no longer have the QB2 loaner, so I really can't add much. The Soundmagic E10 has a bit more of a V shape compared to the QB2, so that's going to make the QB2 a more neutral sig in direct comparison. The QB2 sounds a bit softer in bass note too, so while it has a little less bass, it's not quite as defined as the E10 bass.

The bass is really where the biggest differences appear. Both have fun, sparkly treble with very good timbre. The E10 has a bit bigger staging, due to the pushed back mids.

Both have cables I'm not exactly fond of. The E10 cable is stiff and springy but thin and manageable. The QB2 is a thinner flat cable, which still tangles but is more manageable than thicker flat cables. If you wear over the ear, neither will have microphonics issues. I don't wear iems down, so I don't know which will be worse that way. I can say that the E10 cable is durable. I use it to do yard work regularly and have never had issues. I'm guessing the QB2 to be as durable though. When I'm mowing or using a motorized tool, the extra little bit of bass sounds nice (I use other hearing protection cups over my ears and iems to be able to keep the volume low/reasonable).

I'm very fond of the E10 and like it more but that's just personal preference. I really like the QB2 as well.

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #357 of 451
I no longer have the QB2 loaner, so I really can't add much. The Soundmagic E10 has a bit more of a V shape compared to the QB2, so that's going to make the QB2 a more neutral sig in direct comparison. The QB2 sounds a bit softer in bass note too, so while it has a little less bass, it's not quite as defined as the E10 bass.

The bass is really where the biggest differences appear. Both have fun, sparkly treble with very good timbre. The E10 has a bit bigger staging, due to the pushed back mids.

Both have cables I'm not exactly fond of. The E10 cable is stiff and springy but thin and manageable. The QB2 is a thinner flat cable, which still tangles but is more manageable than thicker flat cables. If you wear over the ear, neither will have microphonics issues. I don't wear iems down, so I don't know which will be worse that way. I can say that the E10 cable is durable. I use it to do yard work regularly and have never had issues. I'm guessing the QB2 to be as durable though. When I'm mowing or using a motorized tool, the extra little bit of bass sounds nice (I use other hearing protection cups over my ears and iems to be able to keep the volume low/reasonable).

I'm very fond of the E10 and like it more but that's just personal preference. I really like the QB2 as well.

Thanks for the reply ! That's really helpful. After all the reading I have done on the internet, I'm leaning more towards QB2
I just hope QB2 have microphonics at least at the level of E10, if not less (Don't like over the ear btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back