LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #121 of 292
LG does show normal, auxiliary or high impedance, unless the carrier wants is disabled. As I buy my phones retail I have always have the feature.
Which phone are you referring to? I've had two 30s and now a 40 through 3 separate carriers. None of them showed the status other than hifi. The 20 showed the status. This was mentioned several times in the V30 thread

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #122 of 292
Which phone are you referring to? I've had two 30s and now a 40 through 3 separate carriers. None of them showed the status other than hifi. The 20 showed the status. This was mentioned several times in the V30 thread

My LG G6 shows the status, and my understading is so does the V30 usually

Edit: This post shows V30 has high impedance mode https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-104

Sounds like you have been unlucky with your choice of carrier in this regard.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #125 of 292
I tested some sennheiser,akg,audeze, finally bought the HD600,LG g7 drive this headphone well. I only using stock music app right now, anyone try other apps that sound quality better than stock?
You should definitely check out USB Audio Player Pro. Works with Tidal as well.

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #127 of 292
My G7 is coming today. I like the size of the G7 and the notch can be minimized. I'll be using Project Fi and this phone will help to minimize my herd of DAPs as this phone is around 80% (subjective) of my best DAPs and that's good enough for me.

:L3000::L3000:

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #128 of 292
Just wondering... can something like the iFi Earbuddy, when used with lower impedance earphones, trigger the Quad Dac selection?

Didn't want to use those cheap impedance adapters cause I find them to affect the overall sound too much for my liking...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #129 of 292
Added a 3.5mm to 2.5mm dongle from iBasso (my case prevents direct connection to the 3.5mm jack). My i4s sound great. Really surprised that I only need around 43 out of 75 for decent volume.

Listening to UAPP and Tidal MQA sounds really good.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #130 of 292
After using it for a few weeks, I can safely say that it's the best of both worlds having a flagship phone and D/A DAP in the LG G7+...

It plays really well with my higher impedance earbuds from 150-300ohms, and being an android opens up more possibilities as well...

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #131 of 292
While the sound coming out of the i4s directly is good, it's even better when I add an amp such as the iFi iDSD BL (via 3.5mm input) - sound really KICKS and the i4 scales really well.

Nov 14, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #133 of 292
Which phone should I buy? The V30, G7 or the V40. I'm really just looking for a phone that can play MQA directly in the Tidal app cause I'm tired of UAPP that keeps on shutting down while traveling. Tidal answered me that it it ONLY the V30 that actually works with MQA in the Tidal app, but searching this forum I get a feeling that they are lying to me. Does the V40 and G7 also work with MQA in the app. In that case: Which phone is the king in 2018?

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #134 of 292
Which phone should I buy? The V30, G7 or the V40. I'm really just looking for a phone that can play MQA directly in the Tidal app cause I'm tired of UAPP that keeps on shutting down while traveling. Tidal answered me that it it ONLY the V30 that actually works with MQA in the Tidal app, but searching this forum I get a feeling that they are lying to me. Does the V40 and G7 also work with MQA in the app. In that case: Which phone is the king in 2018?

Check the MQA website for the full list of compatible LG phones...

The King? Either the G7 or V40 depending on market availability...

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #135 of 292

I love Tidal's actual service, but their customer service is horrible. Got the G7 on launch day and instantly hit hem up asking/requesting MQA playback on the G7 since it's the same ESS chip as the V30 and their reply was "We are not offering this feature at this time, however, we will certainly keep your suggestion on file for future consideration."

Maybe a week or so after that, I randomly started seeing "M" next to some of my favorite tracks and on MQA-specific playlists I created when I had the V30 and wouldn't you know it, they're MQA. Technically the V40 should work because it's the same SoC (SD 845) & DAC as the G7.

UAPP works best with Tidal on WiFi. It's not necessarily the phone's or UAPP's fault, but your carrier and how saturated their network is.

The V30's saving grace is the battery life. However, the screen can be hit or miss, the cameras are not good, and the speaker could be louder.
The G7 and V40 battery life hasn't been the best because of the SD 845 (I believe they're both about the same, given the display type/size AND battery size in each). They have OK cameras (the 5MP telephoto lens on the V40 is a joke tho). Boombox speaker is great.

So it all comes down to if you prefer a bigger display size and therefore a bigger phone or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back