LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Sep 27, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #94 of 292
I honestly belive that there is no audible difference between these, unless you are using +800$ IEMs.

The differences may be subtle, except one of them can read emails, the internet, takes photos even in wide-angle and EVEN answer phone calls...

One thing to note: many have found the LG music player sends the audio through the qualcom sample rate converter if it is 44.1kHz 16bit. I converted all my music to 24bit (no dither so the file size is the same) , and I think they are right, it's better. Not sure if this applies to the G7 as I did this on the G6

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #95 of 292
I'm trying to find out if the LG G7 Thinq supports Tidal Masters like the V30. I have contacted Tidal who said that the only phone accredited by them is the V30. However that isn't the same as saying the G7 doesn't support Masters. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of whether the G7 does or doesn't?

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #96 of 292
I'm trying to find out if the LG G7 Thinq supports Tidal Masters like the V30. I have contacted Tidal who said that the only phone accredited by them is the V30. However that isn't the same as saying the G7 doesn't support Masters. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of whether the G7 does or doesn't?

This is what i saw on MQA partner's page and it does shows G7 as a supported device.

http://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/our-partners/lg-partner-page

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #97 of 292

It does. I got the phone at launch and it wasn't supported right away but now it definitely supports MQA on Tidal.

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #98 of 292

A picture is worth a thousand words, Yes, is compatible with MQA (master quality), from the direct application.

EuvmsTL.jpg

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #99 of 292
Oct 6, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #101 of 292
[QUOTE = "tongpoh, post: 14524213, tag: 502547"] állomány zene app vs uapp, melyik hang jobb? [/ QUOTE]
Uapp: több 3d stage and clearer..
Alkalmazás: more textures and warmer..

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #102 of 292
Hello Head-fi-ers

First post but long time lurker and all that malarkey. I'm normally over at CA but have followed and enjoyed some threads here for last few years.

Anyways I have the V30 and love it. Finally my phone sounded good enough and supported enough storage for me to save carting a DAP around as well.

I've cracked the screen tho :frowning2: and for last few weeks assumed I'd buy the V40 when it came out.

Initial launch reviews seem slightly underwhelming tho so I'm now thinking that since the cracked screen is the only thing I'm trying to remedy I might be better getting the G7 and saving myself some dough.

Super bright LCD instead of OLED and slightly different form factor seem the main differences. But on the audio side the G7 and V40 seem to be equals. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance and its nice to join the Head-fi community :)

Cheers,
Alan

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #103 of 292
Hello Head-fi-ers

First post but long time lurker and all that malarkey. I'm normally over at CA but have followed and enjoyed some threads here for last few years.

Anyways I have the V30 and love it. Finally my phone sounded good enough and supported enough storage for me to save carting a DAP around as well.

I've cracked the screen tho :frowning2: and for last few weeks assumed I'd buy the V40 when it came out.

Initial launch reviews seem slightly underwhelming tho so I'm now thinking that since the cracked screen is the only thing I'm trying to remedy I might be better getting the G7 and saving myself some dough.

Super bright LCD instead of OLED and slightly different form factor seem the main differences. But on the audio side the G7 and V40 seem to be equals. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance and its nice to join the Head-fi community :)

Cheers,
Alan
Audio Hardware is the same (and it's awesome). The phone is better than reviews suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back