LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Aug 7, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #61 of 292
Does anybody know if there is a G7 version without the Quad-Dac?
In one month i change my smarphone for free and i'm a bit worried because the G6 sold in my country (Chile) doesnt have the hi-fi dac and not even wireless charge.

I'm reading in the stores' websites from here but they only show the basic specs.
All G7 models worldwide are equipped with the Quad DAC and wireless charging!!!

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #62 of 292
2018-08-08_09-21-10.png

LG G7+Tidal uapp

Attachments

• 2018-08-07_17-24-15.png
    2018-08-07_17-24-15.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #64 of 292
Getting my LG G7 today. Actually, two. LG G7 is on offer here in Sweden, two for the price of one!!! Appr. $385/phone. Not bad.

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #66 of 292
Happy owner of a G7 for a week now. Been testing it against my Pioneer XDP-300R today and it performs just perfectly. You can even choose the DAC filter setting. Will keep my DAP because of the balanced connection, but damn... I think this phone can make any standalone DAP obsolete if you're using 3.5mm output only.

AMA btw
Hi,

How does the G7 compare to the XDP-300R in terms of sound?
I currently own the Onkyo Granbeat, but think about to switch to an other phone. (Main Headphone: Denon D7200)

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #67 of 292
Hi,

How does the G7 compare to the XDP-300R in terms of sound?
I currently own the Onkyo Granbeat, but think about to switch to an other phone. (Main Headphone: Denon D7200)

The XDP-300R is a little bit warmer, but in the same time more spacious. The G7 Thinq is brighter and more snappy (while having a smaller soundstage than the 300R). Those are tiny differences, though. The G7 sounds very very good and I wouldn't mind using it as my only source. Audio things aside, the G7 is a really great smartphone. And the price dropped so fast, I would call it dirt cheap now.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #71 of 292
Thanks! I guess I was worried because I read in a review for the G7:

"Plugging in the headphones brought the volume down significantly - the G7 ThinQ was actually below average in this case which was surprising and means bigger headphones might not be as loud as we would like."
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g7_thinq-review-1786p3.php

while for the v30:

"Things were just as impressive when you plug in a pair of headphones. Volume remained among the highest out there, while the clarity of the output was great. Stereo quality took a small hit, but even that remained better than most competitors out there."
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v30-review-1657p7.php

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #72 of 292
Thanks! I guess I was worried because I read in a review for the G7:

"Plugging in the headphones brought the volume down significantly - the G7 ThinQ was actually below average in this case which was surprising and means bigger headphones might not be as loud as we would like."
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g7_thinq-review-1786p3.php

while for the v30:

"Things were just as impressive when you plug in a pair of headphones. Volume remained among the highest out there, while the clarity of the output was great. Stereo quality took a small hit, but even that remained better than most competitors out there."
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v30-review-1657p7.php
You don't know which headphones they used for testing. And you also don't know if these guys figured out that you have to activate the HiFi DAC manually when you use the 3.5mm jack for the first time (after that, it's on by default). GSMarena's audio testing is not very proficient. Also worth mentioning: High Impedance mode is only activated above 75ohm, as far as I know.

Anyway: With my IEMs and Headphones, the G7 gets very loud.

Edit: Did some research. Apparently they're using 32ohm headphones. Of course that does not activate the high impedance mode. Moreover, If the DAC was activated, it would have run in Line-Out mode for normal testing and then switched to low-impedance-headphone mode, which is a huge huge difference in volume.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #73 of 292
You don't know which headphones they used for testing. And you also don't know if these guys figured out that you have to activate the HiFi DAC manually when you use the 3.5mm jack for the first time (after that, it's on by default). GSMarena's audio testing is not very proficient. Also worth mentioning: High Impedance mode is only activated above 75ohm, as far as I know.

Anyway: With my IEMs and Headphones, the G7 gets very loud.

Edit: Did some research. Apparently they're using 32ohm headphones. Of course that does not activate the high impedance mode. Moreover, If the DAC was activated, it would have run in Line-Out mode for normal testing and then switched to low-impedance-headphone mode, which is a huge huge difference in volume.
I have a pair of M2s and HD6XX. Does this means my M2s will run in low impedance mode with low volume?

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #75 of 292
I have a pair of M2s and HD6XX. Does this means my M2s will run in low impedance mode with low volume?

I have the LG g7 for almost 2 months, a great phone, I bought it for its audio chip, with the HD650, akg k712 pro, beyer dt 770, koss ksc75 enters the stage of amplification that pushes up to 2v, which is quite, however any headphones below 50 ohms, does not activate this mode (how much did LG cost a high / low impedance button?)

However with low impedance headphones (less than 50 ohms), it is somewhat short volume, I have tested the kinera h3, htc 10 iem, brainwavs r3, qkz vk1 (these last require 55-60 volume steps of 75), which I think leaves many planars and iems at a disadvantage of some low volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back