LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
May 2, 2018 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 292

musicday

Headphoneus Supremus
Welcome to the brand new LG G7 ThinQ audiophile phone.
The only phone that can simulate 7.1 surround sound DTS-X.
No POLED unfortunately but you get latest higher resolution LCD.
Like V30 still has ESS Quad Dac for the audiophiles who care about music quality, and FM Radio, something completely gone from other flagship mobile phones.
Link below:
https://m.gsmarena.com/lg_g7_thinq_hands_on-review-1757p2.php
Please post your impressions, comments here.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 292
Seems like a solid phone.. hopefully LG supports it properly.

May 3, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 292
Awful pricing considering the specs (849$ for the 64Go model)...
Miserable battery capacity given the hungry components inside.
At least they didn't go for 21:9 screen ratio, this should be banned forever.

VERY uninspired design after the V30.
And if you're going to leave a 6mm chin at the bottom, why the hell implementing the dreadful notch ? Just add 6 mm at the top, remove the 6mm chin at the bottom, and keep the rectangular screen...
Just another testimony to "copycat thoughtless" design with no added value for customers...

Just waiting for early DTS-X feedback, the previous DTS iteration (on Huawei Mate 7 for example) was mostly a fat mid-bass boost with a bit of surround effect. Not very natural sounding except with classical music.

May 4, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 292
Dont worry about pricing. The price gonna drop pretty fast especially in HK.

Jun 10, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 292
This will soon be my next portable source for music. Don't care about the DTS or Oled screen, the LCD is bright, nice and power efficient. Now that the phone has a system wide EQ, I finally have a reason to buy one.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #12 of 292
Got battery drain issues?

There's hardly any battery drain while on standby. Usage can vary, but I do feel the battery could be a bit better with on-screen use.

I'm able to top off throughout the day so it's not really a problem for me, but YMMV.

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #13 of 292
This will soon be my next portable source for music. Don't care about the DTS or Oled screen, the LCD is bright, nice and power efficient. Now that the phone has a system wide EQ, I finally have a reason to buy one.

At least my version doesn't have a user-customizable EQ. They're all presets.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 292
Anybody using these with wireless headphones? If so has anybody figured out if you can sync the volume of the headphones and device?

You have to adjust the volume on the device and headphones individually, not a big deal some might say but also unless the headphones have a companion app there is also have no visible indication of what the volume is.

Kind of annoying and I know that Samsung offer this as an option on this and I think the pixel 2 does too, iOS of course does too. Has anybody figured this out on an LG phone or am I the only one who finds it frustrating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back