LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Jun 11, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #16 of 292
Anybody using these with wireless headphones? If so has anybody figured out if you can sync the volume of the headphones and device?

You have to adjust the volume on the device and headphones individually, not a big deal some might say but also unless the headphones have a companion app there is also have no visible indication of what the volume is.

Kind of annoying and I know that Samsung offer this as an option on this and I think the pixel 2 does too, iOS of course does too. Has anybody figured this out on an LG phone or am I the only one who finds it frustrating?

My Lg G6 behaves exactly the same with my Momentum 2s on wireless, i just put all the volume up on the smartphone and control it only from the headphones. Never been annoying to me.

The same headphones syncs volume with my brother's LeTV smarthphone. Also the same headphones shows battery life on IPhones.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 292
My Lg G6 behaves exactly the same with my Momentum 2s on wireless, i just put all the volume up on the smartphone and control it only from the headphones. Never been annoying to me.

That’s what I have been doing, on the beats though(no companion app) it is then not possible to see the volume, which is something I kind of like to know.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #21 of 292
I believe if you're only using SBC (and maybe aptX) volumes do not sync.

aptX-HD and LDAC (which is what I use) do sync.

Try switching to LDAC on the WI-1000X and see what happens.

My brother's Smartphone uses aptx and syncs, and mine uses aptx and doesn't, both with my M2s which doesn't support aptx-HD. I think it's because his smartphone uses Android Oreo.

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #23 of 292
I’ve also tried toggling the absolute volume setting in developer options but that does not have any impact either way.

Wondering if there may be an app that could solve this? I tried one yesterday but it was more about managing the volume between different Bluetooth devices rather than between the headphones and device. I’d actually settle I think for keeping them separate but being able to see them both, right now though I can only see the device volume setting.

It is amazing how the little things can really start to ruin a phone.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #25 of 292
I’ve also tried toggling the absolute volume setting in developer options but that does not have any impact either way.

Wondering if there may be an app that could solve this? I tried one yesterday but it was more about managing the volume between different Bluetooth devices rather than between the headphones and device. I’d actually settle I think for keeping them separate but being able to see them both, right now though I can only see the device volume setting.

It is amazing how the little things can really start to ruin a phone.

Does this happen in the LG G7 ThinkQ?.
Anyway, moving the volume from the headset is enough for me. I usually have my G6 in my pocket while walking or over my desktop with the screen locked when I need to change the volume, and the volume itself tells me if it's too high or low lol.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #29 of 292
Tell me how to test it, and I will. I just got it today.
Nice. If you play a flac or other PCM 16/44khz song on neutron player, it will show 24bit 44khz, because neutron upsamples it to 24bit to avoid 48khz upsampling issues.

Other "manual" way to test it, is using an App like Tidal to play the beginning of the dark side of the moon from Queen. When using sensitive IEMs it will produce audible issues.

Jun 18, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #30 of 292
Nice. If you play a flac or other PCM 16/44khz song on neutron player, it will show 24bit 44khz, because neutron upsamples it to 24bit to avoid 48khz upsampling issues.

Other "manual" way to test it, is using an App like Tidal to play the beginning of the dark side of the moon from Queen. When using sensitive IEMs it will produce audible issues.
Looks like it kept the flac at 16 bit 44.1 kHz on neutron. I'm using the Eval version, don't know if that limits the feature set or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back