LG G6 Sound Quality
Aug 25, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #301 of 453
That's not a limit. 75 means max volume.

If you need more volume to have to use the external mode but 75 is again the max.
Ah so its just weird volume stepping! thanks..

Off topic:

is there anyway to get rid of album art displaying in the gallery? This is so annoying
So far, renaning cover art to folder.jpg does not work Adding a .nomedia file into a folder will cause the mediascanner to skip that folder (and all sub-folders) so they won't show up in the gallery app. Unfortunately, that also means the folder won't show up in the stock music player either. And content lock, well, is the long and annoying way. There used to be an option to hide individual folders in my g3 and g4. :/

Some have suggested to stop using gallery or google photos, but installing an app to get rid of a problem that shouldn't be there to begin with!
Man how has google let this go on for long. heck my old iphone 3Gs was able to tell apart from album art and cameraroll.

Aug 26, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #302 of 453
Anyone having issues with the headphone jack?

My phone just developed an issue where for some headphones (only my good ones) the sound will cut off if if i touch the connector.

Whats weird is that if i plug in an extender, the headphones work fine.

Ive got the grey import version from taiwan with the quad dac.

Wondering if its a software issue as i just got a software update

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #303 of 453

My phone just developed an issue where for some headphones (only my good ones) the sound will cut off if if i touch the connector.

Yes I had this after a couple of times the headphones got ripped out of the socket by other commuters.

The ground and mic connections lost their spring. Look down the socket with a torch, and look for little bits of gold contact. I got a needle and used the point to lever the contacts out a little, bending them (although it didn't feel like I'd bent them at all. use cautious moves) a tiny bit into the socket. It sorted it for me, but I hold no responsibility etc. for less lucky people than me.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #304 of 453

Yes I had this after a couple of times the headphones got ripped out of the socket by other commuters.

The ground and mic connections lost their spring. Look down the socket with a torch, and look for little bits of gold contact. I got a needle and used the point to lever the contacts out a little, bending them (although it didn't feel like I'd bent them at all. use cautious moves) a tiny bit into the socket. It sorted it for me, but I hold no responsibility etc. for less lucky people than me.
Yup this connector issue and your solution seems to be what teh interwebz recommends.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #307 of 453
Is there any noticeable difference between normal and quad DAC version while using 16 ohms headphone.

Yes and this can be easily checked by disabling/enabling dac in the version which has it.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #309 of 453
Nope. But that's running off 50 Ohm impedance, someone did post on the G6 pushing a HD600 running on 300 Ohms.

But then, the M1060's are planar drivers, so I have no idea since its not a like-for-like comparison in terms of power requirements.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #311 of 453
The US version does not have the Quad DAC, so as far as we know it is the Qualcomm DAC. This is probably not as powerful, and definitely doesn't have the high impedance mode that boosts the voltage in to high impedance phones. Phonearena has the output for the US version at 0.78 V rms, which is OK.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #312 of 453
I have the US version and the Audeze iSine 10 (16ohms) are driven with no problem by the phone. The Pinnacle P1s are 50ohms and the phone struggles.
I have the Quad DAC version of the G6, and it drives the Pinnacle P1's with absolute ease. It also drives my HD600's extremely well.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #313 of 453
I have the Quad DAC version of the G6, and it drives the Pinnacle P1's with absolute ease. It also drives my HD600's extremely well.
I tried the P1s with a friend's V20 shortly after getting rid of mine and I really liked what I heard.

Given the iSine are only 16ohms they became my portable set while the P1s are my office IEMs.

Can't wait for the V30 now.

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #315 of 453
Hi, is there a difference in loudness between European and quad dac model (playing in the normal mode, with normal headphones)? Asking since I have eu model, which just fall short of 15% loudness power to be perfect. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back