LG G6 Sound Quality
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #316 of 453
how teh battery life on this thing?i'm only buying it to use it as a DAP :)

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #317 of 453
I've been using it for a few months now.

Generally, I go through 40% of the battery ( starting at 80%) over a 12hour day.
About 10~20min worth of calls, 30-45mins worth of surfing, 20~50 messages a day. And about 3~4 hours worth of listening time on my IEMs, at about 25~30 volume.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #318 of 453
Some people report bad bqttery life on xda but im only looking at using tidal on it and my music on sd card i think i should be fine. I already have a phone :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #319 of 453
It depends on what the emphasis on use is. I find the battery drain while web surfing and game playing is far higher than listening to music and making calls.

It sips about 1% of battery for every 3~4 minutes of game play as far as I've noted. Its about 1% for every 15~20 minutes of music play with screen off for me. Of course, I play my music off the SD card, probably saves a bit on the wireless connection power though.

Did the Xda guys state their 'duty cycle' for the bad battery life thing ??

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #321 of 453
anyone have the fiio x5 gen 3 and can compare the sound to the lg g6 with quad dac ? if comparable I would sell my fiio and pick up the G6 due to the larger size. I would just use it as a dap wouldn't bother putting my main sim in it - that is for the s8+ :)

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #322 of 453
anyone have the fiio x5 gen 3 and can compare the sound to the lg g6 with quad dac ? if comparable I would sell my fiio and pick up the G6 due to the larger size. I would just use it as a dap wouldn't bother putting my main sim in it - that is for the s8+ :)

ESS Sabre dacs of Lg g6 is always far better than the AKM chip of Fiio player

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #323 of 453

I have both and really like both. I use the G6 as my main smartphone, I am not a Samsung guy :)

The difference in sound quality is small, I really have to concentrate when a/b to hear a difference. For a smartphone the G6 has an impressive sound quality. For my ears the G6 is slightly brighter with a clearer treble and maybe a little bit more detailed. The X5 3rd is warmer, more smooth and with more punch in the low end.

At the end of the day I think I prefer the X5 3rd, but again differences are small and probably more down to preferences.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #324 of 453

i was thinking about the exact same setup as i have the s8, after looking at different DAPs, very few ticked all the boxes for me so i had to go for a secondary Android phone as DAP especially seeing eglobal selling them at discounts. I have the mojo and teh OPPOs DAC to go with in case i dont like the sound signature :)

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #326 of 453
Its highly dependent on how you define as 'good' and 'better'. If a warm sound with bass bias is your definition of good, then yes, the V20 will sound better.

If a neutral, more clarity biased sound is your cup of tea, then the G6 Quad DAC is better.

BTW, which G6 are you referring to ? The international one or the Asia / Pacific version with the Quad DAC ? They are very different in sound output quality supposedly.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #329 of 453
Just a question here. LG G6 quad dac has Ess sabre chipset using and that too in quad dac version. Ess sabre 9028 i guess. How does it sound fare against this Opus 11 dac connected phone let's just say iPhone for example

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #330 of 453
I am using G6 now and planning to change the phone to Mate 10 maybe.. But the audio will be a huge let down in that compared to G6.
Which portable dac should i use in order to get warmer sound... Ya i like warmer sound rather than brighter sound...
Audioquest dragon fly Red and Opus #11 are currently in my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back