LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Aug 17, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #886 of 1,050
I am connecting through the aux port
It only happens when the phone is connected to the car. I use a phone holder to mount the phone in my car. I first thought that the issue was because of my aux cable but when I tried connecting the phone to my speakers using the same cable, there was no issue.

Thank you for your replies

Honestly can't tell you what the problem would be. Since headphones work fine And cable works fine when plugging to speakers, maybe it's the port? Did you try plugging another device into it?

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #888 of 1,050
I used to connect my Iphone 5 to my car using the same cable. Never encountered an issue. 
but, is there an issue now (with the iPhone) - as seems a little odd that the G5 works exactly as supposed to until hooked up as you mention, and there is no reason for it not to work in this configuration.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #890 of 1,050
No issue connecting other phones to my car and the cable is not just compatible with ios devices. I already tried connecting my g5 to my speakers using the same cable and everything worked fine. The problem is just isolated to the scenario where my g5 with the hifi module is attached to my car. The connection is fine for about 4 songs then the audio cuts and the music is played through the phone's speakers

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #891 of 1,050
Yeah right, I am not being serious in my last response, just ignore it.

It sounds like a bug in the g5, try unplugging the cable from the car end first. Then while the plug has nothing at the other end, plug it in the g5, then plug it in the car system, when the g5 has been plugged in.

I would also try a few different software players especially UAPP.
Which is USB audio player pro, at the play store.

This might help.

Good luck

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #893 of 1,050
No issue connecting other phones to my car and the cable is not just compatible with ios devices. I already tried connecting my g5 to my speakers using the same cable and everything worked fine. The problem is just isolated to the scenario where my g5 with the hifi module is attached to my car. The connection is fine for about 4 songs then the audio cuts and the music is played through the phone's speakers

Unfortunately, it sounds like you might be having the issue mentioned by SeeSax back on page 56. Does the Hi-Fi icon on the top right disappear when it disconnects & then reappear shortly after? Are you located in the US?

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #894 of 1,050
On a different note from the volume issue, the G5 + DAC is still driving me absolutely crazy and I feel that I am about to sell it all and be done with it (for the third time now). I cannot believe I am the only one having this issue with three separate sets of hardware. Still, when I am out streaming music over 4G LTE, the DAC will cut out and lose connection all together. It is rather embarrassing and then the music starts coming through the phone speaker at times. Then a few seconds later, the DAC will be back and the HiFi icon restores. It's ruining the wonderful sound quality and experience for me and I just cannot understand it. It does NOT happen on 3G, or while streaming music with the phone in airplane mode. It is specifically happening with a 4G LTE connection and I have tried two different carriers' SIM cards now. I think I'm at the end of my ropes. ZTE Axon 7, here I come. 

-Collin-

I am having this exact issue. Well I think so. Symptoms are the same. I thought I had isolated it today to when it changes from 3g to 4g etc but was going to do some more testing next week.

I am literally at the point where I wanted to break the phone in half on my commute home lol.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #895 of 1,050
I've sent my HiFI Plus back to retailer and will be receiving a refund.

Had a few disconnects in the last few weeks.  There is too much 'give' in the connection and movement in the pocket etc causes disconnects.  

Also had an issue where my earphones were no longer staying in the jack, kept losing the connection and then they wouldn't plug in.  That was my second unit so no more for me.

It's a shame as it is a good idea but at the moment badly designed and could be the death of the whole modular approach before it even started, I gather from reports that the LG G5 has not sold well so will not exactly encourage other companies to follow suit.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #896 of 1,050
Damn that sucks. Mine definitely appears to be firmware/software related.

Movement of the phone etc has no bearing on it.

But moving from band to band seems to trigger it.

I initially thought it was other apps trying to take over audio and crashing it, however it appears to not be the caae

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #897 of 1,050
Damn that sucks. Mine definitely appears to be firmware/software related.

Movement of the phone etc has no bearing on it.

But moving from band to band seems to trigger it.

I initially thought it was other apps trying to take over audio and crashing it, however it appears to not be the caae

You are literally the first person who has confirmed my suspicions and I'm pretty sure I scoured the entire internet! 

Questions for you: who is your service provider? On Cricket, I experience this, but on T-mobile I do not. Also, which model of phone do you have, H850 or H860? That question doesn't really matter as I experienced this on both. 

It's a shame. The work around is to force 3G, but then I don't get a very reliable streaming connection on Tidal. Mine is definitely software related. At first, I thought it was the physical connection given the nature of how it sounds and what happens, but it's 100% something to do with the cellular radios. I'm living with it currently, but I'm far from pleased with the situation. 

Edit: just noticed you're in Australia. Hmmm, wonder if your carrier uses the same LTE bands as mine. I'm on Band 17, Band 4 and Band 2. 

-Collin-

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #898 of 1,050
You are literally the first person who has confirmed my suspicions and I'm pretty sure I scoured the entire internet! 

Questions for you: who is your service provider? On Cricket, I experience this, but on T-mobile I do not. Also, which model of phone do you have, H850 or H860? That question doesn't really matter as I experienced this on both. 

It's a shame. The work around is to force 3G, but then I don't get a very reliable streaming connection on Tidal. Mine is definitely software related. At first, I thought it was the physical connection given the nature of how it sounds and what happens, but it's 100% something to do with the cellular radios. I'm living with it currently, but I'm far from pleased with the situation. 

Edit: just noticed you're in Australia. Hmmm, wonder if your carrier uses the same LTE bands as mine. I'm on Band 17, Band 4 and Band 2. 

-Collin-

Hey there,

Yeah from Australia. I believe I am on bands 28 and 3 for 4g.

I am on the 850 device.

I literally scoured the internet and found only one post that seemed to match and that was yours here.

I will try force 3g on Monday (weekend here now and won't get a chance to really listen to music) and see if it stops the issue entirely.

It is kind of frustrating as I only seem to experience it when changing bands. So from 3g to 4g to 4gx to no reception etc. I have a 2 hour commute each way through regional areas and it is constantly roaming and causing this issue to trigger.

Not to mention it pops when it cuts out which is not the nicest and had me worried for the well-being of my ref1toos

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #899 of 1,050

-Collin-

Hey Collin,

I can confirm, restricting my phone to 3g has resulted in no drop outs or crashes from the dac today. Will test for the rest of the week but certainly looking to be the issue at this stage as I would usually get a cluster of crashes at certain points on the train trip and no such drop outs in either direction on the commute.

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #900 of 1,050
Hey Collin,

I can confirm, restricting my phone to 3g has resulted in no drop outs or crashes from the dac today. Will test for the rest of the week but certainly looking to be the issue at this stage as I would usually get a cluster of crashes at certain points on the train trip and no such drop outs in either direction on the commute.

Yep, I have found the same. I've tried to report this to LG, but you can guess how that went :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back