LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Sep 5, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #901 of 1,050
You are literally the first person who has confirmed my suspicions and I'm pretty sure I scoured the entire internet! 

Questions for you: who is your service provider? On Cricket, I experience this, but on T-mobile I do not. Also, which model of phone do you have, H850 or H860? That question doesn't really matter as I experienced this on both. 

It's a shame. The work around is to force 3G, but then I don't get a very reliable streaming connection on Tidal. Mine is definitely software related. At first, I thought it was the physical connection given the nature of how it sounds and what happens, but it's 100% something to do with the cellular radios. I'm living with it currently, but I'm far from pleased with the situation. 

Edit: just noticed you're in Australia. Hmmm, wonder if your carrier uses the same LTE bands as mine. I'm on Band 17, Band 4 and Band 2. 

-Collin-
I think they made their measurements ever so slightly wrong - I resolved the issues you've suffered from with a little square of paper on top of where the little connector is (to the right of the battery, looking at it with the B&O logo facing you) - when connecting the two together, slightly messy (there is a fraction of a millimetre of paper showing under the screen) - but - no more annoyance :)

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #902 of 1,050
It's curious. I'm using an H850 and H860 and have no connection from issues with the modules at all. In my pocket or whatever. I'm using both of them on T-Mobile, don't know if that would make a difference....though really I can't imagine why it would.

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #903 of 1,050
It's curious. I'm using an H850 and H860 and have no connection from issues with the modules at all. In my pocket or whatever. I'm using both of them on T-Mobile, don't know if that would make a difference....though really I can't imagine why it would.

I can't either, but I am willing to bet that if you used that setup on Cricket or AT&T it would change things. It does not happen for me with T-Mobile either. It's crazy and it took me days if not weeks to narrow down exactly what was triggering this. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #905 of 1,050
So, I've ordered the Hifi Plus module and if I like it I'll get an G5 as well. How about cases for the G5 with the Hifi module in place, are there still only three options available or has anyone found a wallet case for it yet?

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #906 of 1,050
So, I've ordered the Hifi Plus module and if I like it I'll get an G5 as well. How about cases for the G5 with the Hifi module in place, are there still only three options available or has anyone found a wallet case for it yet?

Alright nearly convinced the Mrs to get one of these G5's. I'll be ordering the bang hi-fi module as well if this is happens. Only cases I have seen that handle the hi-fi module are the clear skin ones.

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #908 of 1,050
I found the hifi module sounds great with iems but a bit thrashy with full sized cans. But that's to be expected

I found this case. Looks cheap but might fit the bill.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191914597434

Thanks! I did see that one as well but it's expensive and look cheap. Looks like the only option though...

Which full size did you try with?

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #909 of 1,050
I found the hifi module sounds great with iems but a bit thrashy with full sized cans. But that's to be expected

I found this case. Looks cheap but might fit the bill.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191914597434
Strange, but agreeable - using Beyer DT250, the 80ohm version sounds shouty / brash, but the 250ohm (yes, I have both) variant actually sounds very nice to me :)

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #911 of 1,050
What cases are available for the LG G5 with DAC module as im having trouble finding them ?

If you search on eBay you'll get 2-3 different ones, that's pretty much all I've find as well.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #913 of 1,050
for example: 

this

or this

looks quite nice

For me wallet case is a must so I've been looking at the second one myself. Looks fine but expensive for what it is, I'll probably get one anyway if I like the sound from the Hifi Plus module and end up with a G5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back