LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Aug 14, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #871 of 1,050
I'm in the process of dragging 170 Gig of music files onto an Micro SD!

I'm thinking I can use Bluetooth on the commute and them wire them in at home.

I'm really impressed by the quality. It's a cracking little door stop of a thing

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #872 of 1,050
Yes, mine has replaced other devices, won't say that it has the best audio quality ever heard, but for the diminutive size and price, it's definitely up there for value for money

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #874 of 1,050
Anyone compared this g5 to iphone 6 or SE?

I hate to break the news.. SQ wise, the iPhone can't even compete with a $160 Ulefone Vienna.. However, if you really don't want to change brands, you can still buy the HiFi Module and connect it with your iPhone
beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #875 of 1,050
I hate to break the news.. SQ wise, the iPhone can't even compete with a $160 Ulefone Vienna.. However, if you really don't want to change brands, you can still buy the HiFi Module and connect it with your iPhone :beerchug:

I hate to say this but this is the 100th million time when people try to bash iPhone/iPod without anything backing up rather than their subjectivity. Do you care to post some frequency response comparing those two?

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #876 of 1,050
I hate to say this but this is the 100th million time when people try to bash iPhone/iPod without anything backing up rather than their subjectivity. Do you care to post some frequency response comparing those two?

I don't use charts and numbers. I prefer real world use as I trust my ears. And besides, it is just my opinion. As for the comparison test, I found one in youtube. Here you go..
https://youtu.be/cDC-kbmDqe4

And btw, I bought my wife an iPhone 6s Plus last Christmas and she still enjoys using it to this day.. I previously had the Vienna and the sound has more clarity and power.. So I think it's fair enough to post an "opinion" about the SQ of both products.. And it is the "100th million time" that another person had reacted to this.. I apologize if I hit a nerve or something. 

Also consider the fact that Apple is slowly abandoning the audio aficionados by removing the 3.5mm jack on its upcoming iPhone
triportsad.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #877 of 1,050
Anyone compared this g5 to iphone 6 or SE?
G5 on its own is pretty subpar, I wouldn't be that excited by it, but - the B&O DAC does make a WORLD of difference, so long as you have IEMs etc. that are resolving enough to pick up on the differences...

It is always a vicious circle with these things :)

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #878 of 1,050
I don't use charts and numbers. I prefer real world use as I trust my ears. And besides, it is just my opinion. As for the comparison test, I found one in youtube. Here you go..
https://youtu.be/cDC-kbmDqe4

And btw, I bought my wife an iPhone 6s Plus last Christmas and she still enjoys using it to this day.. I previously had the Vienna and the sound has more clarity and power.. So I think it's fair enough to post an "opinion" about the SQ of both products.. And it is the "100th million time" that another person had reacted to this.. I apologize if I hit a nerve or something. 

Also consider the fact that Apple is slowly abandoning the audio aficionados by removing the 3.5mm jack on its upcoming iPhone :triportsad:

Lol, apple are not removing the audio man, their reinventing it into something much more useful that can be patented, controlled, monopolized and then transformed into something brand new, maybe called APple Fi... with a funky new plug for your IEM/headphones, and it's crazy new abilities to control you and your ability to spend money on such crap ware...

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #879 of 1,050
Lol, apple are not removing the audio man, their reinventing it into something much more useful that can be patented, controlled, monopolized and then transformed into something brand new, maybe called APple Fi... with a funky new plug for your IEM/headphones, and it's crazy new abilities to control you and your ability to spend money on such crap ware...

"Reinventing"
biggrin.gif
 Gotta love that word.. Anyhow, let's get back to the G5..

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #881 of 1,050
How fragile is the connection between the module and phone? Anyone have any issues?
Not great in tight jeans pockets for me, it can have disconnections, but you soon learn ways to workaround that :)

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #882 of 1,050
Hi Guys

Would any of you be able to tell me how the HiFi Plus compares to audio direct from a Mac book Pro, via headphone port with no additional DAC etc?

I love the sound of the Mac and have to say it's much better than the phone.

Thanks

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #883 of 1,050
How fragile is the connection between the module and phone? Anyone have any issues?

It seems pretty solid to me. I put it in my pocket or wherever and have yet had disconnection in the last 2.5 months of use. I was worried the phone build would suffer just on design choices alone, but it seems so solid to me. As if it's all just one solid unit. Very impressed.worried that the v20 will be two big to comfortably fit in my pockets.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #885 of 1,050
Are you trying to connect through the aux port or Bluetooth?

I am connecting through the aux port
How tight is the cabling, and does it happen only when moving, or stationary as well? I have to say that the port to connect the module to the phone isn't the strongest, and if your cabling is pulling on the Jack, it might cause disconnections

It only happens when the phone is connected to the car. I use a phone holder to mount the phone in my car. I first thought that the issue was because of my aux cable but when I tried connecting the phone to my speakers using the same cable, there was no issue.

Thank you for your replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back