LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Feb 21, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #33 of 1,050
Any word on what the built in audio is like? Does it have the same DAC and Amp as the LG V10? Or did they make on board audio garbage to encourage people to fork out for the module?

I'm sure the built-in audio is just the normal Qualcomm on-board DAC, otherwise they wouldn't need the module. 

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #35 of 1,050
  what didn't you like about the apple? i've never had one...just many apple owners stay loyal to the brand
...something about more intutitive userface etc. my current phone is an lg nexus 5 15gb...(this was before i was into audio)
..can't wait to upgrade it.

It's not the wonder device people make it out to be. Battery life jumped off a cliff around the 9.1 or 9.2 update, and apps are slow to respond. Music will randomly stop playing by itself.

The news about the G5 is very interesting, to the point where I'm kind of glad I got outbid on an Oppo HA-2 on eBay just now. I kind of have it set in my mind that my next phone will be a Nexus device, but I want something that takes advantage of the Snapdragon 820, not the 810 or 808.

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #36 of 1,050
I'd rather have the dac and amp already built into the phone just like the V10 then this. 
rolleyes.gif
 Also why B&O? IMO they should've chosen a company more experience in dac/dap making like AK or just stuck with ESS but we'll see

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #38 of 1,050
  AWESOME!!!!
gs1000.gif

Not sure if the casual consumers like the modular design, as a geek i'm totally buying it!

i agree ..i totally love this approach...just adds a new 'freshness' to what a smartphone is ...and what it can be
...esp when you consider what other gadgets and companies LG  can partner with.

think partnering up with a reputable co also adds cache:
HTC with HARMON KARDON ......LG with B&O ..cool
popcorn.gif

and if the concept takes off who is to say other smartphone players won't do the same  via their
own ideas...or tweak the modular approach.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #39 of 1,050
Interesting... hopefully it sounds just as good as the V10.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #41 of 1,050
question on the V10...did LG work in concert with another company
(behind the scenes) on creating that DAC and sound?
anyone know?

The V10 has ESS Sabre chips in it, so they worked with them i guess. I forget the models of the chips though...

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #42 of 1,050
i am really interested in this phone with the B&O module the question is only would be as good sounding as the v10 with a great ability to power demanding headphones

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #44 of 1,050
The V10 has ESS Sabre chips in it, so they worked with them i guess. I forget the models of the chips though...

http://www.esstech.com/files/2314/4372/5609/Clean_LG_Press_Release_0-01-2015.pdf

ESS Technology, a leader in analog design and audio, today announced that LG has selected
the company’s SABRE 9018 DAC (digital to analog converter) and SABRE 9602 Headphone Amplifier
to provide outstanding high resolution audio in the new LG V10 smartphone. 

does this sound right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back