LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Feb 20, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #17 of 1,050
  What kind of sound signature do B&O audio products generally have? One of the things I like about the V10 is it sounds fairly neutral, so I hope this won't change with the G5.

Generally they sound very... "polite" or "gentle", there is no sharpness. Technically - and less audiophilely speaking - a bit rolled off at both sides, (very) little boost in the lower-midrange to make sound a tad "warmer"....

This is for the headphones...I didn´t listened to their speakers...

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #19 of 1,050
Dragonfly red doesn't even offer balanced connection
frown.gif

yeah i hear you...but look at the price however..and the size... it's only 199.
most people at that price point aren't prob looking for that sophisticated a setup.

this said, my local retailer thinks
the Dragonfly Red, if the reviews are good, could be one of
the major items this yr...and might even
give the chord mojo a running for best bang for buck in sound quality (his op).
of course this is all speculation until it's released and reviewed
in the next few months.

i just hope we see more of these sort of 'dragonfly-like' components to use with the growing array 
of smartphones, tablets etc out there.

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #21 of 1,050
I had a terrible experience with two LG G4s at release, and now I'm hearing that some of those early phones are just starting to bootloop or show other problems. I don't know if I would trust LG again.

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 1,050
I had a terrible experience with two LG G4s at release, and now I'm hearing that some of those early phones are just starting to bootloop or show other problems. I don't know if I would trust LG again.

Hence you need warranty, and phone insurance from your carrier ? My mom LG phone last 5 years and still running lol.....

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #23 of 1,050
Hence you need warranty, and phone insurance from your carrier ? My mom LG phone last 5 years and still running lol.....

Wouldn't shock me if that was a way designed to get people to buy the add-ons. I exchanged them with T-Mobile & was so dismayed, I ended up getting an iPhone. I'll be switching back to Android "not soon enough", but would like to see what this current generation of smartphones brings to the table. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #24 of 1,050
i think how LG integrates the add-on modules is the key to the success of G5, can't imagine in the era of slim and light design that people will like the bulkiness brought by modular design. Unless it's something like AM2 by FiiO that doesn't take up any internal volume, but then why not making universal modules for all android phones with a standard port like USB type-c but the magic slot?
Really look forward to the conference!!
popcorn.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #25 of 1,050
  Wouldn't shock me if that was a way designed to get people to buy the add-ons. I exchanged them with T-Mobile & was so dismayed, I ended up getting an iPhone. I'll be switching back to Android "not soon enough", but would like to see what this current generation of smartphones brings to the table. 

what didn't you like about the apple? i've never had one...just many apple owners stay loyal to the brand
...something about more intutitive userface etc. my current phone is an lg nexus 5 15gb...(this was before i was into audio)
..can't wait to upgrade it.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #26 of 1,050
Hi-Fi module confirmed

Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play: This portable Hi-Fi audio player developed in collaboration with B&O Play supports 32-bit, 384KHz high-definition audio playback. It can be used as a module with the LG G5 or even as a separate Hi-Fi digital audio chip (DAC) that connects to any smartphone or PC

http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/21/lg-g5-unveiled-metal-body-removable-battery-and-an-expansion-slot/

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #30 of 1,050
I am oficially disappointed by hi-Fi plus module. There is no balanced connection, but well...I will keep hoping

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G5-modules-taking-a-closer-look_id78566

Unrealistic to expect balanced output. Sorry, just too much of a niche feature. But other manufacturers are free to make one it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back