LG G3 as a portable source?
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #62 of 228
So if I carry a little amp w/ me or connect to my little dot, I'll be fine w/ the G3? I don't care about power output. Clarity is most important. I need a clean source and I REALLY want it to be my phone. I also want Windows on the M8, but I'm not hopping back to VZW for that. I'll deal w/ Android.

If anything, I'll pick one up soon and just give it a run for the money. I miss my Sony X/Zune HD/D-25S. :frowning2:

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #65 of 228
Forget about G3, try the Flex D955 with 24 bit pkayback and Usb OTG.

The G3 does both of those things and isn't also a god-awful 6" curved monstrosity with substandard hardware. Why would you ever suggest that thing?

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #67 of 228
Battery life my friend :headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones:

G3's battery has been shown to be a champ. So far I honestly have never had to charge during the day unless I woke up with it already pretty low. Usually getting 4-5 hours screen time with a lot of usage. Even playing Bluetooth with the screen off it barely uses any power. I've been able to drive around playing music via BT for hours and lose maybe a couple %, and that's also Spotify streaming. So you can imagine what would happen with regular aux. 

So there goes that as well. 

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #68 of 228
Thanks
Can I play native player without the need for UAPP as well as streaming (RDIO)?

Edit: Just tried the UD120 with LG G3. Using OTG cable and low impedance IEM. No need for UAPP.
Sounds more detailed than the original G3 audio output 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #69 of 228
just wanna mention for prospective lg g3 users, i made the switch from the iphone 5 and when i first got it, even with cheap iems, i noticed a different in sq immediately. love it for teh muzikz

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #70 of 228
Necro bump, had the G3 for a couple of months, and I can say hand on heart that I hate it for audio output from the headphone out...

It 'may' sound okay with sub-standard IEMs but, with better quality gear, to me it is thin and harsh sounding, pushing all but the most sedate of earphones into sibilance...

Glad to put this back down to just back-up duties - now have the Note 4 :)

...will not comment on USB OTG for more than one reason - other than if you do that, then - yes, you'll get better results than from the headphone out, that is for sure...

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #71 of 228
Necro bump, had the G3 for a couple of months, and I can say hand on heart that I hate it for audio output from the headphone out...

It 'may' sound okay with sub-standard IEMs but, with better quality gear, to me it is thin and harsh sounding, pushing all but the most sedate of earphones into sibilance...

Glad to put this back down to just back-up duties - now have the Note 4
smily_headphones1.gif

...will not comment on USB OTG for more than one reason - other than if you do that, then - yes, you'll get better results than from the headphone out, that is for sure...

Something is wonky, then. You can see from my sig what I have and the G3 isn't even slightly thin sounding with any of it. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #72 of 228

Glad to put this back down to just back-up duties - now have the Note 4
smily_headphones1.gif

I did not have the same problems with my IE800s

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #73 of 228
Hi,
I don't own an LG G3 yet, but am seriously considering buying one. Currently I'm using an iPhone 5 with Klipsch S4i II earphones, but think it's time to switch to Android. I'm not sure which earphones to buy for the G3. I like the convenience of the 3-button controls for the Klipsch and understand that they (specifically the volume buttons) will not work on any Android phone. What are my choices for in-ear headphones with decent sound, mic and 3-button controls that will work well with the G3?
Thanks

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #74 of 228
I just picked up a G3 last night. FLAC files playing via Neutron player. Running some UM Merlin's out of it.  They are fairly low impedance (12 ohms). The sound is amazing. Full bodied, no hiss, no rolled off treble. I've read the output impedance of the G3 is about 1 ohm. I highly recommend it. No need for an amp. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #75 of 228
Strange that i have such a conflicting opinion (using ie800)...

Knowing there are several variants of g3 i will add that mine is a Euro based D855...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back