LG G3 as a portable source?
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #226 of 228
Nope, you can't actually hear these noises, but rather it actually decrease the performances that you can get out of your transport. They could come under different forms and types, could be harsh treble extensions or bass extensions to fall flat on it face, or distortions in complex passages. Every little things do count. I was just speaking out of theories, some facts, and never actually want to bother with making any used cellphone into a transport.

I can, however, share the experiences that I have between Sony Walkman Zx2 and WM1Z. Both can be connected via the same Dock to be a digital transport, and in fact there are differences between them. Wm1z has better treble extensions and presentations. Very hard to believe but it is what I observed, though, would it be worth thousands of dollars differences ? Nah....could I get another cheaper transport that do what Wm1z do ? Don't know....LoL if my money was unlimited ....maybe
Well, I can respect your opinion, but I can't say I have experienced anything remotely like you are describing and I have used a cell phone as a source for years with no issues at all. If you can't hear it, you can't hear it so I am unclear what mechanisms allow for inaudible electrical noise to somehow have any sonic impact at all?

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #227 of 228
Well, I can respect your opinion, but I can't say I have experienced anything remotely like you are describing and I have used a cell phone as a source for years with no issues at all. If you can't hear it, you can't hear it so I am unclear what mechanisms allow for inaudible electrical noise to somehow have any sonic impact at all?

Well, it does affect sonic performances, but not the actual noises that you can hear :). But for common usages, it wouldn't be any problem. It will be if you go for something in higher-end tier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back