LG G3 as a portable source?
Apr 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #196 of 228
I have never used USB OTG before I assume it is easy. I have ordered an OTG cable that hopefully works. With Neutron is there any setting needed to allow it to output to USB? Or is there an Android setting? Thanks for any input.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #198 of 228
Thanks, yes it has 6 running on it. That will be nice to have working. So do you use Neutron or some other player?

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #201 of 228
  Anybody use their G3 with a mojo?

Uapp works with this combo, but i'm trying to get neutron to work.

There seems to be a Neutron setting for outputting to an external device. I haven't been able to test it as I have no OTG cable here with me.

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #204 of 228
  update:  Neutron will not play with the g3 stacked with a mojo.  It will play with a idsd micro, but the setting i use to make it play is probably bypassing the dac in the idsd.  so pretty much pointless.

I didn't need to do any setting in Neutron at all to get the Micro and G3 together via OTG. My issue was Marshmallow defaults to power only for the USB configuration so I had to go into developer mode, change the USB to Audio Mode, leave developer mode and voila, it works. Now I am not sure how I could even know if the DAC in the Micro was being used or just the amp, but I can say for certain I didn't have to use any settings in Neutron.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #205 of 228
  I didn't need to do any setting in Neutron at all to get the Micro and G3 together via OTG. My issue was Marshmallow defaults to power only for the USB configuration so I had to go into developer mode, change the USB to Audio Mode, leave developer mode and voila, it works. Now I am not sure how I could even know if the DAC in the Micro was being used or just the amp, but I can say for certain I didn't have to use any settings in Neutron.

****... totally forgot about that.  Let me go into dev mode and try it out.  thanks

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #206 of 228
@Sonic Defender  If you open neutron and turn on your dac.  A message should pop up saying "open app when usb plugged in"  when you see these messages your using the dac on the micro.

I tried enabling usb audio on my v10 and it still wont play right with the mojo.  there sound coming out but it's real low and there is a lot of interference and digitize sound coming out.

my g3 doesn't have MM on yet.  I use it strictly as host and media player.  i'll try to put my sim in and update.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #207 of 228
  @Sonic Defender  If you open neutron and turn on your dac.  A message should pop up saying "open app when usb plugged in"  when you see these messages your using the dac on the micro.

The only process that seems to allow OTG to work is to turn on the Micro, wait a few seconds, then connect to the G3. I haven't tried it with Neutron already open. I think based on some good information ClieOs gave me I will get a new player that has support for USB DAC drivers which according to ClieOs Neutron does not have. Apparently Onkyo HF Player and Poweramp are two options that do provide USB DAC driver support so I think one of those two will be my choice. I have used Neutron for years so a change is actually a refreshing idea.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #209 of 228
I still have mine as well, I see no reason to upgrade since it already does everything I need it to do.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #210 of 228
In the exact same boat as you guys... Still love the G3, although I am feeling the itch to upgrade. Strongly considering the GS7 (mainly for the fact that it has a really nice amoled screen and ip68 rated). But I'm unsure of whether or not the E18 will work with it. If it doesn't work with it, it's a total deal breaker for me.
But in all honesty, phones have really started to bore me over the last year or so, there's nothing new and exciting, nothing that makes me absolutely want to get a new phone. Sure, the new models are faster, but there are no new features (other than the ip ratings)... So I guess, for now, Long live the G3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back