Letter to Little Dot -- LDII+ owners, PLEASE read
Nov 8, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #106 of 220
Well, it's official, the Ld2++ will be released this week (at least that's what it says on the Little-tube Chinese forum. Sword_Yang actually spoke of the flashing and arching in 4P1S, which he claims "will not happen in 6C19 tubes."

The mainland price is 619 Yuan if purchased in November, which equals to around $80 US plus shipping.

Bottom line, if Little Dot is not to do something about the problems experienced by overseas customers, their overseas sales will see a drastic impact.

Nov 8, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #107 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Well, it's official, the Ld2++ will be released this week (at least that's what it says on the Little-tube Chinese forum. Sword_Yang actually spoke of the flashing and arching in 4P1S, which he claims "will not happen in 6C19 tubes."

The mainland price is 619 Yuan if purchased in November, which equals to around $80 US plus shipping.

Bottom line, if Little Dot is not to do something about the problems experienced by overseas customers, their overseas sales will see a drastic impact.

The above price is what "Jasmine_chine" offered to sell me a new ld2+ to replace my half-dead DOA ld2+. This is outrageous when you see reality.
confused.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #108 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m
The above price is what "Jasmine_chine" offered to sell me a new ld2+ to replace my half-dead DOA ld2+. This is outrageous when you see reality.
confused.gif

Seeing all these problems with LD2+, I wouldnt want it if it's sold to me for half that price.

Unless Little Dot start addressing and solving the problem, the Ld2+ will now have become a piece of junk. (that costs $200 and kills headphones)

Nov 8, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #109 of 220
Quote:

Seeing all these problems with LD2+, I wouldnt want it if it's sold to me for half that price.

Unless Little Dot start addressing and solving the problem, the Ld2+ will now have become a piece of junk. (that costs $200 and kills headphones)

As I mentioned in other threads, I no longer use it as headamp, but a pre-amp for my ipod. It was my precaution not to let it kill my other precious cans.

Or having the look of an angel when an arc dances across my forehead
very_evil_smiley.gif
...Something like what happend to Hydrocity in the past....

Nov 8, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #110 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m
Something like what happend to Hydrocity in the past....

It killed his pre-amp and IEMs. As precaution, LD said that they added a voltage suppressor in recent production of LD2+.

Nov 8, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #111 of 220
Quote:

It killed his pre-amp and IEMs. As precaution, LD said that they added a voltage suppressor in recent production of LD2+.

If the suppressor really works then some of the latest units might be covered, but the rest are subjected to these risks ?

Nov 8, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #113 of 220
if we could find a supplier for the soviet 4n1n, could it possibly solve the issue? or is it going to react the same way as the 4p1s?

Nov 8, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #114 of 220
Quote:

What I read from this statement is the new circuit design and new tubes resolved the flashing and arching which users experienced on the ld2+.

Only larger sampling of the real life experiences can tell if the problem is resolved.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_nate
if we could find a supplier for the soviet 4n1n, could it possibly solve the issue? or is it going to react the same way as the 4p1s?

I think the ld team has the most experience on these tubes, regarding the ld2+. I would guess that they could have done that, instead of going through the hassle to re-design the circuit. Unless, the ld2++ is just another marketing tactic ?

Nov 8, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #115 of 220
Well, if the ++ does end up costing around $80 USD, I'll feel really let down.
From what all of you are saying about it, it's an upgraded version of the LDII+, which cost us $140 without including the extra $40 shipping, but it costs almost half of the price? Something's wrong here...

Nov 8, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #116 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_nate

At this point I wouls say it is a circuit design problem, with the tubes going and the excessive heat.

As far as the $80 thing goes, I would imagine it will probably go for more than that here in the states. I imagine the Chinese have a slightly different market than in the US where consumers are willing to spend more on toys (and less on gasoline
wink.gif
). As I recall the LD2+ was priced significantly less in China than here, but I am not sure If they are having to pay for customs costs up front or if all packages are marked as "gift"

But, depending how much pull this site has on their sales and where and how much they are selling in the US, this thread could have a very bad impact on the situation at hand. They should correct the issue, but this isn't exactly a company that selling licensed products through licenced importers that would be covered under a lemon law.

I would expect nothing, learn a lesson, and if they do resolve the situation with satisfactory results, be pleasently surprised. But there is no sense on having a witch hunt...

cool.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #117 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc
At this point I wouls say it is a circuit design problem, with the tubes going and the excessive heat.

As far as the $80 thing goes, I would imagine it will probably go for more than that here in the states. I imagine the Chinese have a slightly different market than in the US where consumers are willing to spend more on toys (and less on gasoline
wink.gif
). As I recall the LD2+ was priced significantly less in China than here, but I am not sure If they are having to pay for customs costs up front or if all packages are marked as "gift"

But, depending how much pull this site has on their sales and where and how much they are selling in the US, this thread could have a very bad impact on the situation at hand. They should correct the issue, but this isn't exactly a company that selling licensed products through licenced importers that would be covered under a lemon law.

I would expect nothing, learn a lesson, and if they do resolve the situation with satisfactory results, be pleasently surprised. But there is no sense on having a witch hunt...

cool.gif

Yeah, I would expect the price to take a jump for us.

The truth is, I'm not upset about my situation. I like my amplifier, I just need new tubes. Hopefully they will have no arching, and I'll be a happy man!
biggrin.gif
My previous set didn't have arching, one of them suddenly blew on me.

Nov 9, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #118 of 220
Oh yes, make no mistake, the price for overseas customers will definitely get jacked up. But through mainland sales, you can see how much does it actually cost to manufacture the amp and how much profit are they making. I'd say more than 50% in profit for overseas sale and around 10-20% for mainland. It's one more reason why we should demand what we paid for.

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #119 of 220
Decided to open up the LDII+ today, and these are the photoes, judge yourself, fellow head-fiers.

PDR_2446s.jpg : My LDII+
PDR_2449s.jpg : Close up shot of the left channel's 4P1S socket at the PCB
PDR_2449z1.JPG : Look at that (Burn marks caused by arcing???)..............!!!
PDR_2450s.jpg : Compared the condition of the 4P1S socket to the CV131 socket...
PDR_2451s.jpg : 4P1S socket of the right channel

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #120 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by systema
Decided to open up the LDII+ today, and these are the photoes, judge yourself, fellow head-fiers.

PDR_2446s.jpg : My LDII+
PDR_2449s.jpg : Close up shot of the left channel's 4P1S socket at the PCB
PDR_2449z1.JPG : Look at that (Burn marks caused by arcing???)..............!!!
PDR_2450s.jpg : Compared the condition of the 4P1S socket to the CV131 socket...
PDR_2451s.jpg : 4P1S socket of the right channel

Looks like flux from soldering to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back