LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jan 10, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #77 of 1,922
Jan 10, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #78 of 1,922
i copied the text and put it into google translate

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #79 of 1,922
i copied the text and put it into google translate
Wow, Google translate is so much better than FB! Interesting. See translation below. Interesting that this reviewer thought Timeless was better than S12 - contrary to most of the initial impressions I've read to date. YMMV, I guess...

"
【New product quick report】
~ SHUOER Shuoer S12 14.8mm Flat Headphones ~
⭕ In the past few days, when will the review of Timeless vs S12 be released?
-The feeling of listening will be added tonight, everyone will pay attention to Zhang Xiangxian 😅
Update 9/1/2022 12:45
Timeless is a pair of flat-panel earphones with a high rating among chi-fi enthusiasts in 2021. It uses a 14.2mm flat panel unit, while the newly launched S12 uses a 14.8mm flat panel unit that is 0.6 mm large, but you don’t want to look at it small because 0.6 If the headphone unit is too small, it will be much better in disguise~
The timbre is on the surface, and the Timeless tuning is more beautiful and bright
The sense of presence that the tablet should have is well played. On the contrary, the tuning of the S12 is biased towards the middle and lower plates, which is rich and textured. Therefore, although the two headphones also use the tablet unit, the tuning is completely polarized.
Timeless overall three-frequency average, analytical power, instrument line and presence, give full play to the characteristics of the flat panel unit, high frequency, strings, piano processing is excellent, the vocals tend to the center, the mid and low frequencies are not rich but acceptable Set off the unique gorgeous feeling on the back tuning.
The S12 is on the middle and bottom plate, the mid-frequency is full, and the low-frequency can even simulate the texture of the dynamic coil. I don’t know that it will be a flat panel unit to make the sound. The high-frequency aspect is temporarily found to be a little conservative. In terms of vocals, the focus is on It's a little bigger than timeless, but the S12 itself has a warmer tuning. Although the front of the vocals has a big focus, it works well and is very durable. The final resolution is the same as the presence of the tablet. The S12 is indeed worse than the Timeless. DD, but Dynamic Sound Density S12 goes back to the head again.
Originally, I thought about two pairs of flat-panel earphones in the ab test, and they can compete with each other. I know that the tuning of the two pairs is at two extremes, and it is not easy to compare. Overall, the sound of the two earphones is quite good. How to choose?
I like musical instruments, I like Timeless, I like vocals, I like S12
It's like, except that both earphones are flat, both earphones must have a thrust, as the old saying goes, make miracles, and sum up Hit and ~ Super !!
Purchase or inquiry:
28mart online store or to
G/F, Wing Lian Building, 78 Yen Chow Street, Sham Shui Po
Tel / whatsapp 6224 6228"

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #80 of 1,922
Guess I'll translate this.

Timeless is one of the most acclaimed chi-fi planar IEM among the enthusiast circles in 2021. It utilizes a 14.2mm planar driver, and this brand new S12 uses a 14.8mm planar driver that's a whopping 0.6mm bigger. Do not under estimate this 0.6mm since since relative difference for such a small IEM is rather huge.

Regarding the timbre, Timeless has more shimmer. The immersion that planar drivers usually get, Timeless deliver in spades, whereas S12's tuning is more biased towards the bass region - rich and full in body. That's why although both of these are planar drivers, the tuning is quite polarized. In more layman term, one is cooler and the other warmer.

Timeless is balanced throughout the whole spectrum. Typical planar drivers' characteristic like details retrieval, instrument presence and immersion are all demonstrated in this IEM. High frequency, string instrument and piano presentation is one of a kind. Vocal placement is more towards the center. Mid and low frequencies are not as thick or full, but this in turn exemplifies the unique posh-ness.

S12's overall presentation is more biased towards the mid and low frequencies. Mids are saturated and low frequencies can even mimic characteristics of a dynamic driver, to the point where one would hard to pass a blind test to tell this is the sound of a planar driver. Top end is slightly reserved. Vocal-wise S12 puts more emphasize comparing to the Timeless. However, since S12 has an inherent warm tone, even though vocal is closer and the size is slightly larger, the combination just works and non-fatiguing. Detail retrieval and plnar-y immersion is subjectively worse on the S12, but dynamics and density is better.

I went into this AB test to find the better planar IEM, yet I found out the tuning are completely the polar opposite and the comparison is as good as apple and orange. So, timbre of these IEMs are both quite good. Which one would suit you more?

If you are more into instrument shimmers, pick Timeless. If you value vocal performance, pick S12.

Last but not least, both of these are planar IEM and needs some more power behind it. As the (Chinese) saying goes, miracles are made with MOAR POWAAAAH. To sum up, it's a tie. Perfect!

I would say this...this is from a vendor, so of course they would want everyone to buy both of them. Since this is from Hong Kong, where I'm originally from, I can tell you guys this is outlet is basically an equivalent of wish.com but in the form of a physical store. So....take it with a heavy dose of salt.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #81 of 1,922
1641861483729.png

This, for example

Jan 11, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #82 of 1,922
Guess I'll translate this

"S12's overall presentation is more biased towards the mid and low frequencies. Mids are saturated and low frequencies can even mimic characteristics of a dynamic driver, to the point where one would hard to pass a blind test to tell this is the sound of a planar driver. Top end is slightly reserved. Vocal-wise S12 puts more emphasize comparing to the Timeless. However, since S12 has an inherent warm tone, even though vocal is closer and the size is slightly larger, the combination just works and non-fatiguing. Detail retrieval and plnar-y immersion is subjectively worse on the S12, but dynamics and density is better."
I genuinely scratched my head with this whole paragraph from that HK vendor lol...
So many things stated here are not what I perceived after 5 days of S12, and although I don't own Timeless, through the words of the vendor they seem to favor Timeless a lot more than S12 even though at the end they said it's a tie (guess the purpose is the sell both anyways).

This here:
"Mids are saturated and low frequencies can even mimic characteristics of a dynamic driver, to the point where one would hard to pass a blind test to tell this is the sound of a planar driver."
Doesn't make any sense as DD and planar have very different timbre, and it's almost instantly noticeable. The first half of the sentence is more related to tuning, not DD vs planar techs. S12 signature clearly is not trying to imitate any DD timbre.

"I went into this AB test to find the better planar IEM, yet I found out the tuning are completely the polar opposite and the comparison is as good as apple and orange."
"Detail retrieval and plnar-y immersion is subjectively worse on the S12, but dynamics and density is better."
Then this, according to the reviews of Timeless and the majority of those who've A/Bed both, it's rather the opposite of what the vendor is saying. Timeless and S12 are not that far apart; there are similarities and differences for sure, but to the extent of "polarizing opposites"? NO, at least according to the reports. The second line suggest that S12 bleeds more than Timeless, but of the Timeless reviews, there are many that have said that the bass is elevated (good for planar to compete with DD bass) but bleeds, so it's kind of strange the vendor would say the opposite. Maybe folks can A/B themselves when they have both sets.

Lastly, my personal take is that planar IEMs and planar headphones will sound inherently different, as the built is completely different. Whereas planar headphones have more headroom in sound stage due to most of them being open back (and more air for vibration), planar IEMs are confined to a tiny, tight shell. S12 is still incredible in sound stage within the IEM territory, but don't expect the stage to compete with planar headphones like Sundara, or in my case, HE400se. But in the case of imaging, S12 is dead sharp compared to HE400se's vagueness (tested with movie watchin). S12 is the set that made me realize that HE400se's imaging isn't the best, even when it's top tier among the headphones I've tried. Anyways, best I can say is that one can definitely hear instantly that S12 has that fast and tight timbre of a planar, and it does remind me a lot of HE400se during my first impressions.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #83 of 1,922
I genuinely scratched my head with this whole paragraph from that HK vendor lol...
So many things stated here are not what I perceived after 5 days of S12, and although I don't own Timeless, through the words of the vendor they seem to favor Timeless a lot more than S12 even though at the end they said it's a tie (guess the purpose is the sell both anyways).

This here:

Doesn't make any sense as DD and planar have very different timbre, and it's almost instantly noticeable. The first half of the sentence is more related to tuning, not DD vs planar techs. S12 signature clearly is not trying to imitate any DD timbre.

Then this, according to the reviews of Timeless and the majority of those who've A/Bed both, it's rather the opposite of what the vendor is saying. Timeless and S12 are not that far apart; there are similarities and differences for sure, but to the extent of "polarizing opposites"? NO, at least according to the reports. The second line suggest that S12 bleeds more than Timeless, but of the Timeless reviews, there are many that have said that the bass is elevated (good for planar to compete with DD bass) but bleeds, so it's kind of strange the vendor would say the opposite. Maybe folks can A/B themselves when they have both sets.

Lastly, my personal take is that planar IEMs and planar headphones will sound inherently different, as the built is completely different. Whereas planar headphones have more headroom in sound stage due to most of them being open back (and more air for vibration), planar IEMs are confined to a tiny, tight shell. S12 is still incredible in sound stage within the IEM territory, but don't expect the stage to compete with planar headphones like Sundara, or in my case, HE400se. But in the case of imaging, S12 is dead sharp compared to HE400se's vagueness (tested with movie watchin). S12 is the set that made me realize that HE400se's imaging isn't the best, even when it's top tier among the headphones I've tried. Anyways, best I can say is that one can definitely hear instantly that S12 has that fast and tight timbre of a planar, and it does remind me a lot of HE400se during my first impressions.
I have not heard the 7Hz Timeless so there is nothing I can say about it. But as @PopinTeddy says, the S12 does not sound like a DD at all. I think the Hong Kong review does not represent how good the bass and mids are on the S12. I agree the treble could be extended further but it will be good to see how, as guys get them, the reviews pan out. The S12 is one of the most 'natural' IEMs I have and the bass/mids superb. For about a hundred quid.....wow. I have found though that they much prefer the 4.4mm on my HiBy R5 to the 3.5mm.....they do like juice.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #84 of 1,922
I have not heard the 7Hz Timeless so there is nothing I can say about it. But as @PopinTeddy says the S12 does not sound like a DD at all. I think the Hong Kong review does not represent how good the bass and mids are on the S12. I agree the treble could be extended further but it will be good to see how, as guys get them, the reviews pan out. The S12 is one of the most 'natural' IEMs I have and the bass/mids superb. For about a hundred quid.....wow.

Agree, the vendor seemed try to offload any 7hz stock left :D

Waiting for my S12 too, too tempted with all the positive feedback! Guess in this game, we will never stop :)

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #85 of 1,922
Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 14.40.26.png

Same! The waiting game has begun...go go go

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #86 of 1,922
How are you folks tracking your orders? I got a tracking number from LETSHUOER back in late December but it only says the label was created and there are no updates.

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #87 of 1,922
How are you folks tracking your orders? I got a tracking number from LETSHUOER back in late December but it only says the label was created and there are no updates.
17track.net works well for me. What's your courier?

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #88 of 1,922
What I found was that with Covid disrupted shipping, a lot of items become a matter of “luck” by the courier…if can be cramped into a destination, it arrives relatively quick; otherwise, waiting in no end…

I haven’t got my order dispatch yet so who knows how long before can get my hands on them 😂😂 - Shuoer *not yet provided me with tracking (in this case not received yet but once do, above paragraph applies)

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #89 of 1,922
Contact @LETSHUOER on discord, or @Shuoer on Hifiguides, and he'll help you sort it out (don't know his account here).
He's (Joseph) the best PR out there I've ever interacted with.

LETSHUOER's official discord: https://discord.com/invite/VHFf7DWe8J

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #90 of 1,922
What I found was that with Covid disrupted shipping, a lot of items become a matter of “luck” by the courier…if can be cramped into a destination, it arrives relatively quick; otherwise, waiting in no end…

I haven’t got my order dispatch yet so who knows how long before can get my hands on them 😂😂 - Shuoer *not yet provided me with tracking (in this case not received yet but once do, above paragraph applies)
Weird. You can also message LETSHUOER on FB messenger - Joseph (assuming it's the same dude) is very responsive. On my order page on LETSHUOER website, my item is still "Processing," but when I messaged him on FB, he got me the tracking number.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back