LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Feb 11, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #1,696 of 1,922
And yes, we are apparently talking about different revisions of the S12s. Because earlier, in the old revisions, the S12 had normally formed heat shrinks in the earhook area, but relatively recently they began to make very aggressively formed heat shrinks in the earhook area 👎 And not only for the S12s, but also for all of their other in-ear IEMs.

In this video, starting at 15:35, you can clearly see the aggressively formed heat shrinks in the earhook area:

What exotic ears is this intended for?! 😱🤯🤣

Feb 11, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #1,697 of 1,922
Really??? 🤭

VQd14I8.png

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,701 of 1,922
Feb 11, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #1,703 of 1,922
It isn't a "problem" that is universally hated by everyone, just because you don't like it doesn't mean there is something wrong overall that Letshuoer needs to change because they messed up.

Cut the shrink, change the shape with heat of buy a new cable and YOUR problem will be solved.

Please don't say you shouldn't need to again, that is just silly, how can Letshuoer or anybody else provide a type of ear hook and its exact shape that will please everyone, they can't, get over it. At least there is a simple fix that costs nothing.

It is just common sense.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #1,705 of 1,922
Such aggressively formed heat shrinks constantly pull the shells out of my ears. My brother has a similar problem.
Are you sure you have ear tips that provide a proper seal and a secure hold ?

The tension from a tight radius heat shrink ear hook shouldn’t literally pull the IEM out of your ears if the tips sit firmly in your ears.👂

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #1,707 of 1,922
It isn't a "problem" that is universally hated by everyone, just because you don't like it doesn't mean there is something wrong overall that Letshuoer needs to change because they messed up.
This is not the first time I have seen complaints that aggressively formed heat shrinks at least push the shells out of the ears. And this leads to worse noise insulation and, as a result, weakened bass (of course, there are more high frequencies than necessary).
Cut the shrink, change the shape with heat of buy a new cable and YOUR problem will be solved.
Already cut off the heat shrink. But because of this, now the cable behind the ear rubs even more and is not fixed behind the left ear at all. I have to really tighten the slider under my chin, which feels like a noose around my neck. That is, it became even worse than it was 🤪 And yes, I still think it's idiotic to take a pair of scissors or a hair dryer and try to fix something on $135 USD in-ear headphones! These are not unknown cheap headphones that cost a measly 3-5 dollars, so they can be forgiven for this. These are audiophile-famous in-ear headphones from a reputable brand that cost $135!!! And yes, I am aware that there are in-ear headphones that cost 1000, 2000, 5000 dollars, but this does not change the essence of the matter. Having bought them, do I still have to tinker with them, cutting or heating something? 🤦‍♂️ Seriously??? 🤨 And buying a separate cable for them at the price of the headphones themselves is even more idiocy! The price of the S12 Pro itself also includes its modular cable. Why should I buy something else for in-ear headphones that already cost a considerable $135?! In addition, we must not forget that the third-party cable still needs to be selected correctly, because it can change the sound for the worse. And this is again a lot of wasted time and money going through all these audiophile cables. In this case, I'd rather sell them and buy something else that will meet my expectations.
And yes, I perfectly understand that the fanboys of Letshuoer products are mostly gathered here, but you should always remain objective and approach everything with a cool head.
…how can Letshuoer or anybody else provide a type of ear hook and its exact shape that will please everyone, they can't, get over it.
At least companies like Sennheiser, Sony and Shure have the answer :xf_wink:

The tension from a tight radius heat shrink ear hook shouldn’t literally pull the IEM out of your ears if the tips sit firmly in your ears.👂
I use the included medium-sized white silicone tips. And yes, I have the most ordinary, average ears.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #1,708 of 1,922
The S12 sound very good and are great value for money in a world of diminishing returns but they are a budget set and the fact that the overall package of IEM, cable, tips and case is as good as it is for $135 is fantastic and should be applauded rather than complaining about a simple little issue that most people are OK with but if you are not has a very easy fix in a few minutes that costs nothing and takes very little skill other than being able to bend and hold the wire and turn on a hairdryer.

I tried to make rational sense with you about this little point and I have wasted more time than any sensible person would have on this conversation so I am done at that.

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #1,709 of 1,922

Have you ever tried in-ear headphones with such aggressively formed heat shrinks? Or are you just talking in theory?

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #1,710 of 1,922
Have you ever tried in-ear headphones with such aggressively formed heat shrinks? Or are you just talking in theory?

I have the S12 Pro with quite tight hooks, works well for me, the shape is tight but the tension is nowhere near enough to dislodge the inserted IEM. If it is for you might try a larger size tip or a different style/shape of tip.

I like the tight hooks because the cable stays tucked in behind the ear and doesn't flap around.

Like I said, I am done .......... thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back