Lets Talk Metal
Aug 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #10,846 of 29,656
I'll have to give this a full listen later...apparently they are now record label-less and this is a self released 
cool.gif

Grabbed it too, will give a listen.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #10,847 of 29,656
Quote:
Today I received the new Gorguts and Deeds of Flesh album (really awesome and super mindtwisting schiit), one Opeth and two Moonsorrow CDs.
I'm a happy camper now :)

Oh and I also finally installed the DR Meter plugin for Foobar. Got some pretty interesting results...

Did you change the system date. That is what i did to make the DR Meter work. Is there any other option?

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #10,848 of 29,656
Quote:
Did you change the system date. That is what i did to make the DR Meter work. Is there any other option?

My DR meter works just fine. As far as I can tell.
I was just surprised that the new Deeds of Flesh album has a pretty awesome average DR score of 3  :p
That was one surprise and the other (positive one) is, that Anagnorisis "Beyond All Light" scores a 9 in almost every song! I think that's pretty good for a Black metal album.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #10,849 of 29,656
Quote:

I know what you're talking about. Get the version from here, it doesn't have the date problem: http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

(click "foobar2000 component" under "software")

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #10,850 of 29,656
Quote:
Grabbed it too, will give a listen.

i'm listening now at work, it's good enough on my crap i-buds that i'll throw 'em a few bucks when i get home

this "new" (meaning, becoming quite popular) style of post-rock with metal is really tickling my happy place.  this new rosetta album is more post rock than metal but all the same i'm liking this new wave

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #10,851 of 29,656
Quote:
i'm listening now at work, it's good enough on my crap i-buds that i'll throw 'em a few bucks when i get home

this "new" (meaning, becoming quite popular) style of post-rock with metal is really tickling my happy place.  this new rosetta album is more post rock than metal but all the same i'm liking this new wave

Show us just where this new "Post Rock" has tickled you on the doll. Don't worry, you're safe here. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #10,852 of 29,656
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #10,853 of 29,656
Quote:
Speaking of post-rock, Russian Circles just put out a track from their latest album. It's probably one of the heaviest and evilest sounding tracks they've put out.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15844-russian-circles-deficit/

Holy damn. That is heavy. Empros took a while to get used to, but this is going to be an instant buy.
And speaking of Sargent House, Chelsea Wolfe has her new album Pain Is Beauty coming out September 3rd, you guys seemed to like my initial recommendation so I thought i'd keep you guys updated.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #10,854 of 29,656
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #10,855 of 29,656
Quote:
Holy damn. That is heavy. Empros took a while to get used to, but this is going to be an instant buy.
And speaking of Sargent House, Chelsea Wolfe has her new album Pain Is Beauty coming out September 3rd, you guys seemed to like my initial recommendation so I thought i'd keep you guys updated.

was that you that originally rec'd chelsea?  i know i got it from this thread quite some time ago

if so, i hate you.  i have developed a problem with ms. wolfe's music which has led to vast amounts of $$$ on rare stuff and live recordings, and even some email pen pal with chelsea herself (or maybe her manager or friend LOL but since it's signed chelsea i'll go with it), not to mention my wife is sick and tired of hearing unknown rooms LOL.  to say i can't wait for the new album is a serious understatement

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #10,856 of 29,656
My rant from Metal-fi:

You know what many bands and fans of music in general don't seem to realize is that part of what made ALL the classic albums from any enre so memorable was their production! The Jackson 5, Elton John, Billy Joel all had depth to their recordings. Immolation, Marduk, Bathory, Death, all had depth!

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #10,857 of 29,656
Quote:

was that you that originally rec'd chelsea?  i know i got it from this thread quite some time ago

if so, i hate you.  i have developed a problem with ms. wolfe's music which has led to vast amounts of $$$ on rare stuff and live recordings, and even some email pen pal with chelsea herself (or maybe her manager or friend LOL but since it's signed chelsea i'll go with it), not to mention my wife is sick and tired of hearing unknown rooms LOL.  to say i can't wait for the new album is a serious understatement

I believe I was, sorry about that haha. Thats how I feel about half of sargent house, luckily for me I don't have any money. Though when I do get some, it takes all my willpower to spend it on getting my car running rather than blowing it all in one Hellomerch shopping cart.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #10,858 of 29,656
Quote:
This is really great...they are one of my favorite bands and live they are truly phenomenal...thanks for sharing!

I'm enjoying this.. nuanced and tasteful...words not always associated with metal.

for all my talk of liking this genre (I count Neurosis, Isis & CUL among my most listened to bands), I have yet to really listen to Russians Circles. I'm also curious about the new Mouth of the Architect...I believe you mentioned them recently. Very much enjoyed the Ties that Blind from the ancient year of 2006. At the time I thought it was a very good example of a dying sub genre.

Cool to see "post whatever-T-F" resurfacing in varying forms....I kind of like the way it creeps into modern BM, too....i.e, Deathaven/Alcest/Altar of Plagues...etc. Keeping the style fresh for me. Although, I realize there is debate what qualifies as BM.

Even though Oceanic and Panopticon and Through Silver and Blood would be among me "desert Island" CD's, there can only be so many of them.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #10,859 of 29,656

My Post Black Metal album of the year is the July 3rd EP release of Chrome Waves. The album is self titled. It's the complete definition of "Post".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back