Lets Talk Metal
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #9,916 of 29,656
So I started to EQ some In Flames songs to make them more comfortable to hear. Can you guys give me any advice how to do this in a good way? How do I use the Low Pass Filter (which frequencies should be roughly cut off, etc.) and what other tools can I use to make the sound more smooth?

The songs I´m currently experiementing with are Ordinary Story and Zombie Inc (from the album Colony).

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #9,917 of 29,656
Just a gentle reminder, its under 4 weeks left to Earache's Kickstarter Project to re-release Nocturnus amazing sci-fi thrash classic, Thresholds:

Please, if you are on the fence about picking it up, DO IT. Other labels are watching to see if Earache's first kickstarter project will succeed and we need more dynamic metal released. The CD-R copy will be a FDR version to boot!

Debating on whether to go Clear edition or just Purple. All the extra **** on clear is cool...

Can't believe this hasn't made it. It started off so well.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #9,918 of 29,656
The album may not really be that bad. Just like fellow older rock Grangpas, Kiss or Arowsmith, Megadeth just know how to make great music. They have done it for years and know the code, so to speak.

I will give the album a listen, if there is some good guitar work it may be enjoyable. I just want the band to make a better album than 13. I was not even into late Megadeth and my Brother kept coming over with these CDs. Everytime they put out a new album my Brother was over at my house making me listen to it. In a while I started to like late Megadeth.

I will wager that they got it all backwards and the two songs we have heard from the latest Megadeth album are really the bottom of the barrel and the rest of the album will be good, not super super crazy great but great.

I kind of agree with you there...

I still think it'll be megadaves's worst album...but truth is musicians at his level don't make actually bad music. Even if its classic rock it's gotta be better than any number of alt-rock clones I hear on the satellite radio....

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #9,919 of 29,656
Quote:
$450? Can't say I'm a fan of Klipsch anything. There are loads of single driver DIY horn designs out there that will murder pretty much anything Klipsch makes for essentially pocket change.

prove it. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #9,920 of 29,656
Quote:
This is a non metalish post. So, I'm tyring to be more open minded about other forms of music and expand my tastes.

Generally, I find that metalheads non-metal music often appelas to me....has lead me to acts such as Porcupine Tree, Swans, Chick Corea, Miles Davis' Some Kind of Blue, Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Foo Fighters and a buch of other schiit I can't think of right now.

Daft Punk has been all over the music blogs/reviews sites-Pitchfork, etc.They even graced these metal headif pages.

So, I said if all these people like Daft Punk, there must be some kind of there, there. So, I punched them into Rhaspsody, threw them on a play list and listened to Daft Punk. Alright, let's chceck these guys out. I can deal w/ some electronic music.

My reaction:

REALLY!! SERIOUSLY???!!!*$@#

R U Kidding?! This???!!!!!

Please-tell me what I'm not getting...because, I'm sorry-this schciit is horrible!

So, then I decided I needed to put on an album that I really like...something dark, melodic and heavy:

510TMX5GW9L._SY300_.jpg

Ahh! Now, that's some good schhit.

This is exctly my reaction to Daft Punk
rolleyes.gif

To be fair I have never liked any sort of computer made music.
The only type of electronic music I've enjoyed is that of Jean Michel Jarre, but every single bit of his work comes from some kind of spaced out instrument. Nothing is done by or on a computer.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #9,922 of 29,656
Guys, can you suggest any good cheap, well made IEM suitable for metal..

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #9,923 of 29,656
Quote:
Guys, can you suggest any good cheap, well made IEM suitable for metal..

UE TF10 maybe? More of a V-signature, but I really liked mine.

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #9,924 of 29,656
Quote:
UE TF10 maybe? More of a V-signature, but I really liked mine.

They are not available in India . I am looking for something from cheaper brands like Meelectronics, Brainwavz, Dunu, Astrotec etc.. My favorite metal iem so far has been RE-262 but i lost it and I really would like to go for RE-400 in a few months but would like to experiment with a cheaper brand in the meantime.

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #9,926 of 29,656
Quote:
So I started to EQ some In Flames songs to make them more comfortable to hear. Can you guys give me any advice how to do this in a good way? How do I use the Low Pass Filter (which frequencies should be roughly cut off, etc.) and what other tools can I use to make the sound more smooth?

The songs I´m currently experiementing with are Ordinary Story and Zombie Inc (from the album Colony).

Hmm, you don't want to cut off anything, that would be bad. Especially low end, that wouldn't be what is hurting your hearing. try  lowering areas from from 6k to 13k, that stuff can get bad, higher than that can too but for the most part 6 - 13 should be it. Just expirement with lowering things with in this range. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #9,928 of 29,656
Quote:

I used to be a massive Bal-Sagoth fan when I was a teenager. I bought "Starfire Burning..." when it was just released back in 1996! I kinda lost sight of them after Atlantis though... 

EDIT: best song titles ever btw, check this:

"And Lo, When the Imperium Marches Against Gul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown"

THAT IS ONE SONG TITLE! :D 

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #9,929 of 29,656
Quote:

prove it. 

Well they sound better than Klipsch speakers. I'm not sure what else I can say. Most Klipsch models are basically what would happen if Grado made speakers. MOAR TREBLE!!!!! If you like your highs shouted at you through a funnel, more power to you. I'm not that much of a horn fan in general. Volti took the Klipsch horn design and basically fixed most of what was wrong with it with the Vittora, but that doesn't exactly come cheap. Cessaros are pretty awesome, but they are that much more money.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #9,930 of 29,656
Metalstorm has given Super Collider a 6.1 and it seems to be a little controversial. I guess that would be correct 6 out of 10. This is typical of bands that stop doing drugs and go to church.

Not a bad album really. In fact it has some classic guitar parts both in solos and crunchy bar cords.

Defiantly not as bad as I expected. I find it hilarious to read that some Megadeth fans were so put off by the two sampler tracks they forbid buying the album for sake of tarnishing the old Megadeth image they still had left in their minds from years gone by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back