Lets Talk Metal
Nov 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #7,726 of 29,648
Quote:
Hey vinyl guys, I have this old turntable laying around, a Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1602. Is it any good? If so I might get myself a preamp and see how I like LPs.

Guys at http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209841 (first link on google searching for that particular model) think that it's tough to find a replacement cartridge for B&O tables. Usually when people rediscover their vinyl players the first thing is to steer them into getting a new stylus or cartridge if they're not really sure of it's background and hours it's been used. So that's one thing to watch out for.

Other than that, welcome aboard! 

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #7,727 of 29,648
Thanks, it was my parents' and I know it had a lot of use. If that second post is right I'll probably stay away for now; anything over $200 is more than I can afford at the moment.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #7,728 of 29,648
Ah, a head-fi metal thread.. nice discovery :p

I love metal, anything from post-metal to grindcore and death metal. Meshuggah are my favourite metal band :)

I shall contribute a great track from the latest addition to my album collection:

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7,730 of 29,648
I just went into a tiny record shop and bought 22 cd's for $18.34, most of which are metal. Ill let you guys know if any gems show up. :D

and to contribute a little:

^ My new dt990's make that sound super brootal

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7,733 of 29,648
New Millenium Cyanide Christ is my favourite song :)

Check this video/song out:

(sorry if repost)

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #7,738 of 29,648
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved in this thread for the past couple of years. I have learned so much about metal because of all of the folks here. Also made a lot of friends. And I really appreciate all the recommendations (just a small reminder for n00bs, Metallica means immediate thread ban to your account -- just kidding).

Btw, tomorrow is Black Friday Record Store Day and I wrote a small piece about it: Metal-Fi Black Friday Coverage.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #7,739 of 29,648
Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved in this thread for the past couple of years. I have learned so much about metal because of all of the folks here. And I really appreciate all the recommendations (just a small reminder for n00bs, Metallica means immediate thread ban to your account -- just kidding).
Btw, tomorrow is Black Friday Record Store Day and I wrote a small piece about it: Metal-Fi Black Friday Coverage.

The Olden Domain is one of the most influential bm albums from my childhood/teens. I bought it immediately when it was just released and have been listening to it ever since. Strange though, I don't own any other Borknagar album. To me, the other albums never had that magic The Olden Domain had. The album's interlude was one of the first things my dad taught me to play on our piano. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #7,740 of 29,648
The Olden Domain is one of the most influential bm albums from my childhood/teens. I bought it immediately when it was just released and have been listening to it ever since. Strange though, I don't own any other Borknagar album. To me, the other albums never had that magic The Olden Domain had. The album's interlude was one of the first things my dad taught me to play on our piano. 

Check out Urd, its not quite The Olden Domain, but its really a solid effort. Truth be told, I am still wrapping my head around the clean and harsh vocal styles in their songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back