Lets Talk Metal
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #7,756 of 29,666
Quote:

I can't believe I'm actually starting to like this? Not really my style, but the sound and musicianship is just so good it transcends whatever genre it is?

Another album I'm trying to like but in the end ..........I don't think I'll be able to get there?

I had the opportunity to listen to practically almost of the works of BTBAM,and quite honestly they started as metal but the last three albums i don't know exactly how to classify them!But they still having a good sound i even like that album just made of covers,especially Territory and - Us And Them.

About All That Remains i have to search for.
Quote:
I kind of started to loose interest in them around 07's Ithyphallic, with Annihilation of the Wicked being my all time favorite, then Black Seeds of Vengeance 2nd and In Their Darkened Shrines being 3rd favorite.

They always had good recordings, except for this last album? Even seeing them live, it was like OK,"this sound was really cool when it first came out, the middle eastern sound is getting a little stale?"

Although i like practically all their release, i agree that their first works sounded more the style of Death i am looking for,the lasts being in my conception a natural sequence of that follow the logic of their chronological sounding evolution (wow i am getting into really complex English dialogue!Or maybe just a couple of nice words together... :).
At The Gate Of Sethu is not that original ,maybe because we already know who are Nile,but i still like it quite a bit.I just love the fact they use ancient Egypt culture in their lyrics and when there is some of their Egyptian characteristic kind of sound with those kind of low tubes and trombones (i don't know the exact name of those instrument),giving a great "Atmosphere" at the start or ending of some of their songs.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #7,757 of 29,666

http://theemergingaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/06/nile-annihilation-of-wicked-double-lp.html

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #7,758 of 29,666
Quote:

I can't believe I'm actually starting to like this? Not really my style, but the sound and musicianship is just so good it transcends whatever genre it is?

Another album I'm trying to like but in the end ..........I don't think I'll be able to get there?

Im enjoying BTBAM's new one quite a bit...

as far as All That Remains goes...they havent had a good cd since the Fall of Ideals came out, Overcome wasnt terrible, but everything since then has been pretty awful

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #7,759 of 29,666
Quote:

Im enjoying BTBAM's new one quite a bit...

as far as All That Remains goes...they havent had a good cd since the Fall of Ideals came out, Overcome wasnt terrible, but everything since then has been pretty awful

I listen to stuff like All That Remains only because at times you find stuff that you like. I try really to keep an open mind. Yes, never heard anything they have done. This was very derivative, not original and maybe all I dislike about M/core. I took a chance with BTBAM and it paid off! So I guess you never know. I know very little about these type of bands so it's always strange. I guess though the only other band I like with this type music would be As I lay Dying. I actually like them. The below record is produced by a band that totally gets a ton of hate! I dig it though. I could never figure out why these guys get so much flack on the metal boards, other than the Core aspect they have?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #7,761 of 29,666
Quote:
I really like city of evil and the self titled release that followed it by Avenged Sevenfold, theyre a modern day Guns'n'Roses is what they are

Totally like GNR! Very melodic in both guitar and vocals. There stuff is well recorded. The band though seems to have two types of fans, those that like the early stuff and those that like the later stuff. I though that the self-titled release came before City of Evil. I thought Nightmare is the only other record that came after, except the single they just released?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #7,762 of 29,666
Nov 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #7,763 of 29,666
Quote:
Totally like GNR! Very melodic in both guitar and vocals. There stuff is well recorded. The band though seems to have two types of fans, those that like the early stuff and those that like the later stuff. I though that the self-titled release came before City of Evil. I thought Nightmare is the only other record that came after, except the single they just released?

Yeah i wasnt a big fan of the earlier metalcoreish stuff, but starting with city of evil i was a fan for sure. And it went City of Evil > Avenged Sevenfold > Nightmare(which i wasnt a huge fan of). havent heard this new single though...

Quote:
your right!

Typically am
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #7,764 of 29,666
Quote:

Yeah i wasnt a big fan of the earlier metalcoreish stuff, but starting with city of evil i was a fan for sure. And it went City of Evil > Avenged Sevenfold > Nightmare(which i wasnt a huge fan of). havent heard this new single though...

Typically am
biggrin.gif

I liked Nightmare a little but CoE is a great classic CD. I never get tired of it.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #7,765 of 29,666
Here is the new single! What do you think?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #7,767 of 29,666
Nov 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7,769 of 29,666
I'm gonna have to hear this new All That Remains. Overcome wasn't their best, but I really enjoyed For We Are Many.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #7,770 of 29,666
Quote:
I'm gonna have to hear this new All That Remains. Overcome wasn't their best, but I really enjoyed For We Are Many.

The new All That Remains album is weak.  They went soft and mainstream.

I've been listening to Rings Of Saturn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPe9OD9a0Qs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back