Quote:
My mind went to AAL first, but.. hmm..

Pelican
Red Sparrows
Liquid Tension Experiment
Blotted Science
Electro Quarterstaff
John 5 (mostly instrumental)

(off the top of my head, ill look into my stuff tomorrow)

behold.. The arctopus!!

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #7,682 of 29,641
Quote:
 Woot first post. Will be checking out this thread in the next few days. Was planning on using a different username but when it was taken I decided to try the title of the song I was currently listing to and it went through. It seems only fitting I add it here. Rock on gentlemen and the ladies

Welcome !!! Prepare to be annihilated by BME's wrath !!!

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #7,684 of 29,641
Quote:

The Unofficial List Of Bands Not To Be Mentioned 

Slipknot
Korn
the Osmonds
Bay City Rollers
The Archies
Cher
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Living Color

.................................................Just keep em to yourself.

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #7,686 of 29,641
Quote:

The Unofficial List Of Bands Not To Be Mentioned 

Slipknot
Korn
the Osmonds
Bay City Rollers
The Archies
Cher
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Living Color

.................................................Just keep em to yourself.

May I add to that list:
Anything That fits into Crunkcore, or Deathcore as a Genre.
Any sub-genre that comes from a previous sub-genre. non of this blackened cursed triple sundae death satan metalcore rubbish.
Infact, this is a metal thread, we shouldn't need to use any sub-genres, we should openly listen to everything posted. just to see what's out there.
Any metal covers of pop songs.
The word Djent. Just because people don't seem to understand what onomatopoeia is.
Anyone complaining about growling. If you don't like it, that's fine, there is enough metal out there with clean vocals, or instrumentals that you don't need to whine about it.
Metallica's 'lulu' and 'st anger'

Yup... rant/

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #7,687 of 29,641
Quote:
May I add to that list:
Anything That fits into Crunkcore, or Deathcore as a Genre.
Any sub-genre that comes from a previous sub-genre. non of this blackened cursed triple sundae death satan metalcore rubbish.
Infact, this is a metal thread, we shouldn't need to use any sub-genres, we should openly listen to everything posted. just to see what's out there.
Any metal covers of pop songs.
The word Djent. Just because people don't seem to understand what onomatopoeia is.
Anyone complaining about growling. If you don't like it, that's fine, there is enough metal out there with clean vocals, or instrumentals that you don't need to whine about it.
Metallica's 'lulu' and 'st anger'

Yup... rant/

Anything else below this area..................

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #7,689 of 29,641
Nov 20, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #7,690 of 29,641
Thanks guys for the recommendations on instrumental bands. I will definitely check them out!  If you think of anymore I'll still be checkin this thread :) 

As far as all the rules go... wow!

(I believe not talking about Metallica's St. Anger is universal)

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #7,693 of 29,641
Thanks guys for the recommendations on instrumental bands. I will definitely check them out!  If you think of anymore I'll still be checkin this thread :) 

No, no, Redcarmoose went a bit over the top. As was already explained, provided the music is good, who cares the genre.

@Prod:

WELCOME! Please contribute but check out a few pages back to get a sense of what folks like and dislike (or really go BME and post it anyway).

Everyone sing, "Stand in the corner and scream...." never mind....

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #7,694 of 29,641
Quote:

And remember that rules are meant to be broken. Thats the metal way.
evil_smiley.gif

Honestly, we are not that uptight bunch. All in good fun.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #7,695 of 29,641
Quote:
No, no, Redcarmoose went a bit over the top. As was already explained, provided the music is good, who cares the genre.
@Prod:
WELCOME! Please contribute but check out a few pages back to get a sense of what folks like and dislike (or really go BME and post it anyway).
Everyone sing, "Stand in the corner and scream...." never mind....

Thanks and yeah, I've already went a few pages back clicking on random vids and have a list of about 10 or so bands I'll be looking into further. Don't really understand the hate for anything off of LD50 by MuDvAyNe. Fantastic album but oh well different tastes and all that. Anyways, here's my next likely failed attempt to entertain.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back