Lets Talk Metal
Oct 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #7,186 of 29,687
Quote:

Just stopping by to see if anyone was posting stuff that didn't sound like the Cookie Monster was having a bad day. Alas, it's still Sesame St.

beyersmile.png
can you tell me how to get...how to get to sesame streeeeet
beyersmile.png

...the left hand path.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #7,187 of 29,687
Quote:

I see you're not diggin this thread's line-up. You should post some tunes instead of a picture of a 40 year old punk/rock band who's songs revolve around 3 chords. Just a little tip.

x2

Dont like extreme metal? Instead of trolling post up some non-extreme metal that (might) you like. This thread is open for discussion for ALL metal, not just extreme.

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #7,188 of 29,687

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #7,189 of 29,687
Undead Corporation
[VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoijbQFwMPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/VIDEO]

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7,190 of 29,687
I just visited metal-fi and found it very nice,like somebody posted few pages back,very user friendly ,liked the evaluation criteria for music/sound with the dynamic range meter.my best compliments to Trogdor and Dave.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #7,192 of 29,687
Also my props for metal-fi, I really like the way albums are reviewed. I hope you can keep up making one post everyday! (or even more 
biggrin.gif
)

Just being curious, what kind of equipment do you guys use to review the albums. I'm looking around for a new set of headhones.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #7,194 of 29,687
Quote:
Also my props for metal-fi, I really like the way albums are reviewed. I hope you can keep up making one post everyday! (or even more 
biggrin.gif
)

Just being curious, what kind of equipment do you guys use to review the albums. I'm looking around for a new set of headhones.

You don't need a new set of headphones. You just need to play that crap LOUD and you must select the correct artists:

How about Tom Waits?

Ever heard of him?

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #7,195 of 29,687
Quote:
As you can see from the video, the alleged "guitarists" of metal-land choose Jackson guitars... Ha. Ha. Ha....

I'm laughing...

Dave Davidson is a hell of a guitarist, actually. As for guitars, you'll find quite a variety used by metal bands aside from Jackson. Dean, Gibson, ESP, Washburn, BC Rich, Ibanez, Kramer, PRS, you name it. Do you actually have anything to contribute?

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #7,196 of 29,687
Quote:

Dave Davidson is a hell of a guitarist, actually. As for guitars, you'll find quite a variety used by metal bands aside from Jackson. Dean, Gibson, ESP, Washburn, BC Rich, Ibanez, Kramer, PRS, you name it. Do you actually have anything to contribute?

I don't think he realizes Iron Maiden uses Fender :wink:

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #7,197 of 29,687
Quote:
biggrin.gif
)

Thank you very much! At the moment my reference headphone for reviewing metal is a Fostex "Paradox", which I will be covering for the site. We're also hopefully going to start covering a lot of equipment with a focus on metal performance very soon.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,198 of 29,687
Quote:
I don't think he realizes Iron Maiden uses Fender :wink:

Yeah. That's true. Good for them. Why would anyone use anything except Gibson or Fender?

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #7,199 of 29,687
You don't need a new set of headphones. You just need to play that crap LOUD and you must select the correct artists:

How about Tom Waits?

Ever heard of him?

Yup.

StratocasterMan, if you don't like heavy metal, that's fine. No issue whatsoever with that. However this thread is about metal. If you have some recommendations in metal, please post them, we are all eager to listen - I think no matter the genre, most music lovers revel in the journey to discover new music.

Btw the overwhelming majority of us here like other genres of music ranging from jazz, classical to alternative, hard rock, folk (if you search the pages you will find discussions about these genres or semi-related conversation that touch upon them).

Most serious headbangers (and I suppose all music lovers) tend to not limit their aural palette too much.

But again, this thread is dedicated to our favorite genre, heavy metal.

I humbly ask you respect that.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back