Lets Talk Metal
Sep 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #6,976 of 29,654
Three bands that hail from my homeland released killer stuff this year:

Necrodios - Anomie Dominie

Militant, blackened death metal and epic vibes.

http://necrodios.bandcamp.com/

Incapacitate - March to the Death

Raw, aggressive thrash with a vicious grindcore-style vocal attack.

http://incapacitate1.bandcamp.com/

Deiphago - Satan Alpha Omega

Barbaric war metal in a foul miasma of absolute chaos. Listen with Grados at your own risk!

http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/satan-alpha-omega

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #6,977 of 29,654
Portrait (Sweden), for fans of Mercyful Fate / King Diamond and Judas Priest.  Another new band I'm stoked on, is metal finally going back to what I enjoy???

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #6,978 of 29,654
I really, REALLY hope that Vinterland playing means they have a new ******* album in the works. This list is killing me, Kommandant, Ihsahn, Loss and Anhedonist? Dammit!

What the heck....BOLT THROWER is coming to the States. That means wait....wait....thats GOT TO MEAN a US tour of some sort on their way to Deathfest. ZOMG (there I said it).

Oh man I want a BT Tee so bad.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #6,979 of 29,654
Quote:
What the heck....BOLT THROWER is coming to the States. That means wait....wait....thats GOT TO MEAN a US tour of some sort on their way to Deathfest. ZOMG (there I said it).
Oh man I want a BT Tee so bad.

Not necessarily, they played MDF 3 or 4 years ago, flew over, played two nights (got an extra night due to a band dropping off), flew home.  If they don't tour, I highly recommend getting to Baltimore to see them, they completely blew my mind when I saw them then, top 5 bands I've ever seen live.

WORLD EATER!

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #6,980 of 29,654
Well, to interupt the seeminly endless stream of  black/sludge/doom/etc. metal
I went to see Enter Shikari at Zeal a couple of days ago. The show was nuts. sweat dripping from the ceiling, so much so that it made a mess of Rorys amp,  generally awesome, and caught the guitarist's pick (idk, seems childish, but there's something so satisfying about doing so)
Now going to see Architects tomorrow night, still recovering from the previous shows bruises.

Anyone on here who was at that Enter Shikari Show, or will be at the Architects gig at Kings arms?

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,982 of 29,654
Amogh Symphony is looking good: http://soundcloud.com/amoghsymphony/feathers-of-jatinga-album

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #6,983 of 29,654
Not necessarily, they played MDF 3 or 4 years ago, flew over, played two nights (got an extra night due to a band dropping off), flew home.  If they don't tour, I highly recommend getting to Baltimore to see them, they completely blew my mind when I saw them then, top 5 bands I've ever seen live.

WORLD EATER!

I just may do that my friend, I just may do that...

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6,984 of 29,654
Anyone listen to the new Elysian Blaze album "Blood Geometry"? I got the record in the mail last night (friggin' triple vinyl) and listened to it thoroughly, it's in the running for best album of the year, in my opinion, some of the best funeral doom I've heard in a LOOONG time, though Tempestuous Fall's (Side project from the guy from Midnight Odyssey) "The Stars would not Awake you" is a close second.

Also, Brulvahnatu's "Menstrual Extraction Ceremony" has been in heavy rotation as well, some seriously messed up black metal.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #6,985 of 29,654
Quote:

Who in his right mind would want to interupt that?! 
wink_face.gif

I don't know both bands you mentioned. Are they satanic? Or at least have an indecipherable band logo?

I would of course, seeing as I did :p
Neither are satanic, both have legible band logos, and well, Architects sounds like this

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6,986 of 29,654
Quote:

Who in his right mind would want to interupt that?! 
wink_face.gif

I don't know both bands you mentioned. Are they satanic? Or at least have an indecipherable band logo?

EDIT:

godawful music but this made me lol so hard

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!! That is one humongous cat. Hope it doesn't get annoyed and scratch that dudes face. Now that would be really wicked \m/

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #6,989 of 29,654
Oh, and Negakinu, congrats, you have gotten like 5 "core" kids listening(happily) to Black Metal in the form of Carach Angren.  Tried them out because of you and I soon realized "Death Came Through A Phantom Ship" was one of the most badass albums I've ever heard.  I've been playing when im chilling with the band ever since.  Turns out our vocalist was already a huge fan.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #6,990 of 29,654
Anyone listen to the new Elysian Blaze album "Blood Geometry"? I got the record in the mail last night (friggin' triple vinyl) and listened to it thoroughly, it's in the running for best album of the year, in my opinion, some of the best funeral doom I've heard in a LOOONG time, though Tempestuous Fall's (Side project from the guy from Midnight Odyssey) "The Stars would not Awake you" is a close second.

Also, Brulvahnatu's "Menstrual Extraction Ceremony" has been in heavy rotation as well, some seriously messed up black metal.

Fantastic album. Still trying to find the CD. Osmose is like on vacation and should be back this month (but they don't respond to email).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back