Lets Talk Metal
Aug 18, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #6,781 of 29,646
Quote:
Speaking of off-the-wall black metal, anyone into black metal with noise? I hardly foray into this realm as I need to be in the right mood, but this band seems to have something going on (helps they're slightly more "accessible" than other noise bands). Nightmarish. Ambience/build up until 4:00, then the black metal blasts in.

Reminds me a bit of MZ412. Their "Burning the Temple of God" albums is one of the albums that got me into industrial/noise music. Funny really, because of a bm record I started visiting the Maschinenfest festival on a yearly basis. I've got a lot of vinyl from labels like Cold Meat Industry, Ant Zen, Hymen and Form of Hands.

This is one of the MZ412 tracks that really left a lasting impression on me. Don't just skip through this track but kill the lights and grab a headphone and sit back. 

Another special track:

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #6,782 of 29,646
Directions...

Play the first u-tube video then play the second u-tube video at the same time.

1)

2)

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #6,784 of 29,646

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #6,785 of 29,646

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #6,787 of 29,646
Aug 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6,788 of 29,646
Glad to see there is a nice thread here for the Metal! I'm new to these here forums so I'll drop what I'm listening to in to the mix.

I've been waiting for this album for quite some time. I spent way too much money getting it on LP. =\

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #6,791 of 29,646
Quote:
Glad to see there is a nice thread here for the Metal! I'm new to these here forums so I'll drop what I'm listening to in to the mix.

I've been waiting for this album for quite some time. I spent way too much money getting it on LP. =\

Negakinu will be happy to hear it... since he's in Carach Angren. :wink: Good choice.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #6,792 of 29,646
Quote:

I went to a record shop the other week, and the guy had this, original press, on the wall behind the register, so for kicks I asked, "How much for the Ash Ra Tempel lp?" "Well, ya know it's a pricey one...  *him haw*  er, well *him haw* I'll probably put it on ebay.... *draws it out even more*  I'm thinking around $850."  It goes for around $200 or $250 on discogs....  The dudes prices are always all over the place, but this one was the best yet!

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #6,793 of 29,646
Quote:

I went to a record shop the other week, and the guy had this, original press, on the wall behind the register, so for kicks I asked, "How much for the Ash Ra Tempel lp?" "Well, ya know it's a pricey one...  *him haw*  er, well *him haw* I'll probably put it on ebay.... *draws it out even more*  I'm thinking around $850."  It goes for around $200 or $250 on discogs....  The dudes prices are always all over the place, but this one was the best yet!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/krautrockers.html

A really cool book to read is Julian Cope's Krautrock Sampler. It is kind of hard to find, and expensive also for a paperback. That has to be my favorite book on the subject along with Ultima Thule's Crack In The Cosmic Egg! I actually purchased some Kraut vinyl back in the mid 1990s when it became kinda cool. Most krautrock I have is CD though. Great stuff! I think the CD I have of the above is made from a vinyl record as the original masters were lost or recorded over? 

I love all the record finding stories I hear from friends. My favorites are the bins where the records have not been touched for 35 years. Kind of like gold mining. I spend 4 hours once in a closet of a pawn-shop, which had been untouched for a while as no one knew it was there, and when I walked out I looked pretty dirty because of records stacked to the ceiling.Great fun! There was a time in California when you could go into these record stores and find cool records under the racks, just waiting. Everyone was trading in their records for CDs.

http://home.btconnect.com/ultimathule/main.html

The top 100

http://home.btconnect.com/ultimathule/krautrock.html

I own about half this list on CD or vinyl. I never get tired of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back