Lets Talk Metal
Aug 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,751 of 29,663
Quote:

To me it sounds like a lot of good ideas copy pasted together. Doesn't flow and there's no songwriting. Could be good, someday. 

And the potential is there. Maybe the true jackpot is out there somewhere. Hell, the guy has released crapload of albums according to Metal Archives, one of them has to be great.
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #6,752 of 29,663
My first serious attempt at anything close to metal: http://soundcloud.com/macrocheesium/psychosis

Feedback would be nice :D

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #6,753 of 29,663
Quote:

To me it sounds like a lot of good ideas copy pasted together. Doesn't flow and there's no songwriting. Could be good, someday. 

Quote:

This is actually quite interesting stuff. I have to check out more of this guys stuff.

This guy has single-handily put out more stuff than I have ever seen. One year he put out 5 full albums and 5 Eps. Some stuff is free online.

http://heavymetaltribune.com/wp/2011/07/interview-with-benighted-in-sodom/

As 
Xasthur is all done, it is nice to find another drum machine solo-studio guy. The difference is he goes in more directions. He is not as depressive and not low-fi as Xasthur was. In the end I guess Xasthur goes way beyond anything this guy does in terms of dimension.  Some stuff is decidedly a little unprofessional here, but heck I give the guy Kudos for just writing stuff and not letting it go to waist. 

I just posted this because I love the creative bass line. If anybody has attempted the home studio musical style, it is both amazing how hard it can be to be only one musician with ideas, plus free as no other inputs.

This music is entertaining and a nice relaxing break from Death-Metal at 190 mph. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #6,754 of 29,663
Quote:

This guy has single-handily put out more stuff than I have ever seen. One year he put out 5 full albums and 5 Eps. Some stuff is free online.

http://heavymetaltribune.com/wp/2011/07/interview-with-benighted-in-sodom/

As 
Xasthur is all done, it is nice to find another drum machine solo-studio guy. The difference is he goes in more directions. He is not as depressive and not low-fi as Xasthur was. In the end I guess Xasthur goes way beyond anything this guy does in terms of dimension.  Some stuff is decidedly a little unprofessional here, but heck I give the guy Kudos for just writing stuff and not letting it go to waist. 

I just posted this because I love the creative bass line. If anybody has attempted the home studio musical style, it is both amazing how hard it can be to be only one musician with ideas, plus free as no other inputs.

This music is entertaining and a nice relaxing break from Death-Metal at 190 mph. 

Did you check the guy's blog
rolleyes.gif
 How old is he? I guess in his teens? Very American too. His favourite band is Alice in Chains because the vocalist "really suffered hardcore over this sh1t". This is a side of black metal I don't care about. Bands like Happy Days and teenage USA eye liner depressive BM. Seems very temporary and trendy. I'm too old for this stuff. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #6,755 of 29,663
He's got way too much teenage angst. However, he's got some potential. Overall I found his work boring and dull for what it is.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #6,756 of 29,663
Quote:
rolleyes.gif
 How old is he? I guess in his teens? Very American too. His favourite band is Alice in Chains because the vocalist "really suffered hardcore over this sh1t". This is a side of black metal I don't care about. Bands like Happy Days and teenage USA eye liner depressive BM. Seems very temporary and trendy. I'm too old for this stuff. 
wink_face.gif

Well, when 2nd wave BM started in Norway, they werent exactly the most mature and non-angsty people on earth... 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #6,757 of 29,663
Quote:
He's got way too much teenage angst. However, he's got some potential. Overall I found his work boring and dull for what it is.

Quote:

rolleyes.gif
wink_face.gif

I just thought the one song was kinda cool. Who knows, he may get great with a good producer? I know your not as old as me, I'm almost as old as Lemmy.

Now I'm back to normal?
confused.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #6,758 of 29,663
Quote:

I just thought the one song was kinda cool. Who knows, he may get great with a good producer? I know your not as old as me, I'm almost as old as Lemmy.

Dude, what are you talking about? That song was cool! If nothing else, it got me interested in what other stuff he has done.

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #6,759 of 29,663
Quote:

Dude, what are you talking about? That song was cool! If nothing else, it got me interested in what other stuff he has done.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
   Let's talk metal keger

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #6,761 of 29,663
No one would accuse them of any such thing! It isn't like there was any blown-up  dramatic story, like a dude getting stabbed 23 times......and having necklaces made out of his skull...... and making an album cover out of it.........

My next purchase: More o dat pretty shoegazey post-office atmospheric ****. oh and new evoken. DOOMYDOOMY DOOM. Good ****.

AND FOR YOU TECH-DEATH HEADS... new Faceless record out. Seems like they've gone alot more proggy while retaining their really 2-year-old-tight musicianship. The clean vocals, though....mnhnhhggghrhhn.....

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #6,762 of 29,663

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #6,763 of 29,663

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,764 of 29,663
Ok, am I the only one thus far completely unimpressed with the new Faceless. Someone posted the whole album. I got through the first three songs and was like .... meh .... maybe it was mood.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #6,765 of 29,663

Users who are viewing this thread

Back