Lets Talk Metal
Aug 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #6,736 of 29,646
Quote:
I'm still looking for some good thrash recommendations. I picked up Lazarus A.D.'s Black Rivers Flow and Evile's Infected Nation based on some recommendations from here, but I am totally unimpressed with these two albums. They are too melodic, too clean, over produced and kind of sterile sounding. I know that's what sells, but come on. I don't know if any bands out there are playing more traditional thrash as opposed to the squeaky clean neo thrash. I just like my thrash the way it used to be played. Maybe that doesn't exist, maybe I am just too picky. 

Any suggestions?

Not thrash strictly speaking, but bands like Deathhammer, Witchtrap or Horned Almighty might fit the bill.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #6,737 of 29,646
Quote:
I'm still looking for some good thrash recommendations. I picked up Lazarus A.D.'s Black Rivers Flow and Evile's Infected Nation based on some recommendations from here, but I am totally unimpressed with these two albums. They are too melodic, too clean, over produced and kind of sterile sounding. I know that's what sells, but come on. I don't know if any bands out there are playing more traditional thrash as opposed to the squeaky clean neo thrash. I just like my thrash the way it used to be played. Maybe that doesn't exist, maybe I am just too picky. 

Any suggestions?

If I may be so shallow as to promote my old band, Deathammer (not the band with two H's we were around first):

If you're into I can figure out a way to send you mp3's of our album we recorded before we broke up and never released.  I feel ya on the overly produced nonsense.

Might as well put up some other local shredders and friends bands...

Extermination Angel - Weaponized Evil  (Baltimore, MD)

Warhawk - Buckets of Blood  (York, PA)

Necropsy - Severed  (Baltimore, MD)

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #6,738 of 29,646

Any suggestions?

New Sylosis. Check out their last album too.

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #6,739 of 29,646
User removed

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,740 of 29,646
Aug 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #6,741 of 29,646
Sounds like something I'd like. I'll be keeping an eye on that!

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #6,742 of 29,646
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate the help. I will be on sporadically in the next little while, as my wife and I are in the middle of packing/moving. I will keep you updated on my Thrash finds/gems.

Cheers,
Dan

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #6,743 of 29,646
Quote:
I guess I'm the only one that loves listening to lo-fi black metal on my HE-500s, lmao.

Haha nice, I always get a nice kick putting on Ulver - Nattens Madrigal or Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger on my MartinLogan ESL's.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #6,744 of 29,646
http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2012/08/08/158219619/song-premiere-enslaved-thoughts-like-hammers

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #6,745 of 29,646
I know I am not supposed to mention it here, but do any of you like Kimya Dawson?? Even though its the farthest thing from metal, I find her singing and songwriting quite interesting, funny and adorable... Its like cartoons,

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #6,747 of 29,646
Waiting for The new Faceless album Autotheism to arrive.
I was never a Faceless fan until I heard Eidolon Reality, now I just want to hear the new album.

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #6,748 of 29,646

New Dead Can Dance!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back