Lets Talk Metal
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #6,632 of 29,645
Quote:

This wasn't meant for you but for Musiclover666. All of these bands are thrash metal. :) I don't know anything about this "djent" you speak of.

That clears it up. And haha na, I don't go by "djent" just call it prog and move on. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #6,633 of 29,645
Quote:

That clears it up. And haha na, I don't go by "djent" just call it prog and move on. 

This is prog. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #6,635 of 29,645
Quote:
Early prog. Early TNTLLY.

That French thing you posted sounds more like free form jazz rock to me. Very interesting though. Has a little cabaret vibe. And isn't TNTLLY proto mathcore? When I think of prog I always think of bands from the seventies that use lots of synths, have unconventional song structures and eclectic, mostly classical influences. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #6,636 of 29,645
Quote:
That French thing you posted sounds more like free form jazz rock to me. Very interesting though. Has a little cabaret vibe. And isn't TNTLLY proto mathcore? When I think of prog I always think of bands from the seventies that use lots of synths, have unconventional song structures and eclectic, mostly classical influences. 

Again with the pseudo genres. Sure, mathcore, sure, djent haha. 

I think they may have collaborated with Univers back in the 70's.

But yea, I agree that more traditional prog is more of the eclectic, classical. Dark chamber music. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #6,637 of 29,645
Quote:
Again with the pseudo genres. Sure, mathcore, sure, djent haha. 

I think they may have collaborated with Univers back in the 70's.

But yea, I agree that more traditional prog is more of the eclectic, classical. Dark chamber music. 

Man I need my pseudo genres. I like shelving things, organising, labeling. Ordnung muss sein. Ordnvng or Deth. Anchor for the brain. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #6,638 of 29,645
Quote:

Man I need my pseudo genres. I like shelving things, organising, labeling. Ordnung muss sein. Ordnvng or Deth. Anchor for the brain. 

Yep, you just had to pick out one of the greatest. 

I know we're derailing the metal, but it's well deserved.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #6,639 of 29,645
Quote:

Early headbanging!
Quote:
Yep, you just had to pick out one of the greatest. 

I know we're derailing the metal, but it's well deserved.

I don't know if they tour anymore? I did see them live once in downtown LA in 2000. Such a great show! We really have a ton of Krautrock influences in modern Black Metal! 

Nachtmystium
Oranssi Pazuzu
Arcturus
There are maybe 100s of others.

Here we have the very first Glastonbury which just happened to be on Arthur Brown's birthday. The first group to be decked out in proto-corpse paint and complete with crosses aflame!  "History"
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #6,640 of 29,645
Quote:
Early headbanging!

I don't know if they tour anymore? I did see them live once in downtown LA in 2000. Such a great show! We really have a ton of Krautrock influences in modern Black Metal! 

Nachtmystium
Oranssi Pazuzu
Arcturus
There are maybe 100s of others.

Here we have the very first Glastonbury which just happened to be on Arthur Brown's birthday. The first group to be decked out in proto-corpse paint and complete with crosses aflame!  "History"
evil_smiley.gif

I didn't know they did any touring after they split. They did get back together and began doing remasters of their stuff.
These guys were well beyond my time like most great bands. I would have absolutely killed to see any of the great 70-80's bands live.
I was just born at the end of that decade. 
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #6,641 of 29,645
Pantera is in my opinion a bit over rated. Their first two albums are classics and then it went pretty much down hill from there.
Machine Head is good stuff but a bit repetitive.
Try these two:
Vektor and Havok. You really can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty much sure after you listen to Havok, you will want to buy me a drink for the link.
Definitely open up your ears to more death and black.
Let's start gentle, please listen to the new Be'lakor.
For black, you of course have heard Ashes Against the Grain and The Mantle by Agalloch right? If not, shame on you! :)

Hey, I really need to buy you drink for Havok. Excellent. Do you know any others? I'm new here and can't exactly read 400 pages of this thread.
I'm looking for thrash, not really into death, black or brutal.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #6,642 of 29,645
Pantera is in my opinion a bit over rated. Their first two albums are classics and then it went pretty much down hill from there.
Machine Head is good stuff but a bit repetitive.
Try these two:
Vektor and Havok. You really can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty much sure after you listen to Havok, you will want to buy me a drink for the link.
Definitely open up your ears to more death and black.
Let's start gentle, please listen to the new Be'lakor.
For black, you of course have heard Ashes Against the Grain and The Mantle by Agalloch right? If not, shame on you! :)

Hey, I really need to buy you drink for Havok. Excellent. Do you know any others? I'm new here and can't exactly read 400 pages of this thread.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #6,643 of 29,645
Quote:
Monuments, After The Burial, Volumes, Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, The Contortionist, Circle of Contempt, Textures, 
The Faceless, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Protest The Hero, Glass Casket, The Red Chord, etc..

Quote:
Corelia,  SiKtH, The Safety Fire, Ever Forthright, Red Seas Fire, Friend For A Foe, Trioscapes, TRAM, Blotted Science, Fellsilent, Monuments, Chimpspanner, Clockwork, Circles, Numbers,
Of Man Not Of Machine, Aliases, Cloudkicker, Cyclamen, Haunted Shores. Keith Merrow, The Human Abstract, Art By Numbers,  Kusudama, Novallo, When Our Time Comes, Protest The Hero, Serosia, Sithu Aye, Vildhjarta. Skyharbour, Textures, Uneven Structure, East Of Eden.

Haha sweet, and yeah of those bands I really like BOO, Veil of Maya, the Contortionist, PTH, Corelia, TRAM, Monuments, OMNOM, and Haunted Shores, the rest I will begin to look into 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #6,644 of 29,645
Quote:
Try Whiplash, Forbidden, Destruction, Sodom, Nuclear Assault, Toxic Holocaust, Evile, Gama Bomb, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Bewitched, Demoniac, Aura Noir...

EDIT: totally forgot SADUS! :D

thanks Negakinu! That's an awful big beer in your avatar, nice!

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6,645 of 29,645

Kid in a candy store! Okay...

Skeletonwitch - Forever Abomination (blackened thrash)
Black Breath - Sentenced To Life
Toxic Holocaust - Conjure and Command (listen to 'Bitch', totally kickarse)

Let's start with these three, see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back