Lets Talk Metal
Jul 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #6,647 of 29,663
I listened to Devy's lesser-known Punky Bruster album today, just hilarious. He makes fun of death metal and punk equally throughout the whole album. This just had me cracking up.

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #6,648 of 29,663
Been listening this album a LOT lately. As well as practicing few simpler riffs here and there in the process. Its gives a really euphoric feeling when you manage to get something (even simple stuff) right.

And here is something else.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6,649 of 29,663

Next thing you know they will be serving free beer at McDonalds.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #6,650 of 29,663
Jul 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #6,651 of 29,663
just saw dope body, doomsday students, tinsel teeth and witch hat two nights ago. my mind was blown

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6,652 of 29,663
I have done this before... Kindly suggest some good Progressive Death Bands.

Similar to: Opeth, Nami, Ne Obilviscaris, Novembre, Barren Earth, Fornost Arnor, In Mourning

Basically, something that has a mixture of instruments and vocals.

Kindly do not suggest any of the below bands( This has been all older recommendations which I received and have listened to them):

Katatonia, Animals as Leaders, Dysrythmia, Cynic, Atheist, Disillusion, October Tide, Augury, Borknagar, Devin Townsend, Orphaned Land, Amorphis, Nachtmystium, Edge of Sanity, Gojira, Exivious, Kalisia, Behold The Arctopus, The Man Eating Tree, Vintersorg, The 11th Hour, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Gazpacho, Scale the Summit, Russian Circles, Between the Buried and Me, Shining, Black Sun Aeon, Saturnus, Anubis, Antimatter, Ulver, Soleflad, Liquid Tension Experiment, Isis, Pelican, Enslaved or Technical Death, Progressive Black etc

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #6,653 of 29,663
Quote:

Similar to: Opeth, Nami, Ne Obilviscaris, Novembre, Barren Earth, Fornost Arnor, In Mourning

Kindly do not suggest any of the below bands( This has been all older recommendations which I received and have listened to them):

Katatonia, Animals as Leaders, Dysrythmia, Cynic, Atheist, Disillusion, October Tide, Augury, Borknagar, Devin Townsend, Orphaned Land, Amorphis, Nachtmystium, Edge of Sanity, Gojira, Exivious, Kalisia, Behold The Arctopus, The Man Eating Tree, Vintersorg, The 11th Hour, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Gazpacho, Scale the Summit, Russian Circles, Between the Buried and Me, Shining, Black Sun Aeon, Saturnus, Anubis, Antimatter, Ulver, Soleflad, Liquid Tension Experiment, Isis, Pelican, Enslaved or Technical Death, Progressive Black etc

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/A_Forest_of_Stars/115504

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #6,654 of 29,663
Quote:
Can anyone recommend some decent thrash. I grew up on Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, etc. I recently picked up the new Kreator album and I am quite impressed with it. I don't like the vocals in death, I think black is just silly, I have been giving some different doom/sludge stuff a spin. My fave genre of metal is thrash and I am looking for some new/old stuff to keep me interested.

Cheers,
Dan

Here's a few to try:

Mantic Ritual

Lazarus A.D.

Demiricous

Municipal Waste

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #6,655 of 29,663
Quote:

Check out these albums:

Dan Swanö - Moontower

Sample:

In Vain - The Latter Rain
Sample:

The Morningside - The Wind, The Trees And The Shadows Of The Past
Sample:

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #6,656 of 29,663
Jul 30, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #6,657 of 29,663
Quote:
A Forest of Stars = progressive death metal? 
confused_face_2.gif
 He wanted something similar to Barren Earth and In Morning right? 

Wrathzombie, check out Novembers Doom. It's  more doom/death than progressive but I think you'll dig it. You might also like Ghost Brigade, Solstafir and Swallow the Sun.

Quote:

Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

Wrathzombie, check out Novembers Doom. It's  more doom/death than progressive but I think you'll dig it. You might also like Ghost Brigade, Solstafir and Swallow the Sun.

Quote:

Check out these albums:

Dan Swanö - Moontower

Sample:

In Vain - The Latter Rain
Sample:

The Morningside - The Wind, The Trees And The Shadows Of The Past
Sample:

Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

@Redcarmoose, will check them out.

@Tch0rT, Thank You

@Negakinu, Will check out Novembers Doom, Have listened to the others. As I said, the recommendations came from this thread many months ago. 
beyersmile.png

And here is something interesting I found from BandCamp, :

Agruss - Morok (http://auralmusic.bandcamp.com/album/morok). 

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #6,658 of 29,663
Quote:

Ana Kefr - The Burial Tree. One of my all time favorites.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #6,659 of 29,663

Users who are viewing this thread

Back