Lets Talk Metal
Jul 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #6,616 of 29,646

Hard to believe Lemmy reached the US charts with this in 75, and is still playing bass. Defiantly a non-extreme favorite.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #6,617 of 29,646
Enslaved are a great band.

Quote:
Pantera is in my opinion a bit over rated. Their first two albums are classics and then it went pretty much down hill from there.
Machine Head is good stuff but a bit repetitive.
Try these two:
Vektor and Havok. You really can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty much sure after you listen to Havok, you will want to buy me a drink for the link.
Definitely open up your ears to more death and black.
Let's start gentle, please listen to the new Be'lakor.
For black, you of course have heard Ashes Against the Grain and The Mantle by Agalloch right? If not, shame on you! :)

A perfect post,Trogdor.From my tastes

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6,618 of 29,646
Quote:
Try Pantera and Machine Head. They're my favorites.
Also there's this relatively unknown band from Sweden called Wolf. They have and excellent old school sound. Try their album Ravenous.

I am a big Pantera fan already, have been since CBFH. Don't like Machine Head. Will give Wolf a listen though. Thanks for the suggestions.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #6,619 of 29,646
Quote:
Pantera is in my opinion a bit over rated. Their first two albums are classics and then it went pretty much down hill from there.
Machine Head is good stuff but a bit repetitive.
Try these two:
Vektor and Havok. You really can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty much sure after you listen to Havok, you will want to buy me a drink for the link.
Definitely open up your ears to more death and black.
Let's start gentle, please listen to the new Be'lakor.
For black, you of course have heard Ashes Against the Grain and The Mantle by Agalloch right? If not, shame on you! :)

I really liked Havok, will be picking up their new album, I owe you a beer! Vektor was ok. Be'lakor was boring. Thanks for the suggestions I look forward to more.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #6,622 of 29,646
So Cormorant has Dwellings available on Bandcamp for name your own price right now, for the next few days or so i guess, i would say anyone that doesnt have it yet should go grab that FLAC http://cormorant.bandcamp.com/

And since i dont really know where else to put it...

The other night, i was browsing the Magico website(which i do often to drool/dream a bit) and i looked through their list of dealers, which isnt very long. But of them, amazingly enough turned out to be like 15 minutes away in kettering OH. So of course my next day off, today, i went straight down there to check them out. They had the cheaper model(18 grand) the V2s, and then they had the Q3s also on display. Since it was a friday afternoon and no one was there anyway, they just me have the whole room to myself, closed a blind over the doors and everything, and i just rocked out in there for over 3 hours listening to the Q3s. They are easily the greatest loud speaker that i have ever had the opportunity to hear. They have all the speed and transparency of the best panels ive heard, but they also had the dynamics and punch of a good dynamic speaker. holy cow were they awesome. and yes, i listened to mostly metal the whole time i was in there :D

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #6,623 of 29,646
http://www.spin.com/articles/stream-nachtmystiums-black-metal-battering-ram-silencing-machine

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6,624 of 29,646
So Cormorant has Dwellings available on Bandcamp for name your own price right now, for the next few days or so i guess, i would say anyone that doesnt have it yet should go grab that FLAC http://cormorant.bandcamp.com/

And since i dont really know where else to put it...

The other night, i was browsing the Magico website(which i do often to drool/dream a bit) and i looked through their list of dealers, which isnt very long. But of them, amazingly enough turned out to be like 15 minutes away in kettering OH. So of course my next day off, today, i went straight down there to check them out. They had the cheaper model(18 grand) the V2s, and then they had the Q3s also on display. Since it was a friday afternoon and no one was there anyway, they just me have the whole room to myself, closed a blind over the doors and everything, and i just rocked out in there for over 3 hours listening to the Q3s. They are easily the greatest loud speaker that i have ever had the opportunity to hear. They have all the speed and transparency of the best panels ive heard, but they also had the dynamics and punch of a good dynamic speaker. holy cow were they awesome. and yes, i listened to mostly metal the whole time i was in there :D

You lucky person!

Agalloch live in 2 mins...

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #6,625 of 29,646
Oh another super awesome thing i got to hear while i was there. They had hi res master versions of two Tool songs, Vicarious(ugh, it still sounded like ****) and then Parabol(which is mostly an ambient track). They got them from Boulder, who had i guess the whole cds in hi res, that they got from Maynard in exchange for some amps or something. But long story short, Parabol sounded freaking amazing, though im sure the cd wouldve sounded pretty stellar too, on the Q3s. But he was saying that i guess they are planning on releasing them in hi res relatively soon. which is great news for all!

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #6,627 of 29,646
Quote:
Any prog/djent afficionados out here?
My personal faves are Periphery, TesseracT, Scale the Summit, BTBAM, Animals As Leaders, and I Am Abomination.
Would like to discover more awesome bands like these 
beyersmile.png

Monuments, After The Burial, Volumes, Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, The Contortionist, Circle of Contempt, Textures, 
The Faceless, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Protest The Hero, Glass Casket, The Red Chord, etc..

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #6,628 of 29,646
Quote:
Any prog/djent afficionados out here?
My personal faves are Periphery, TesseracT, Scale the Summit, BTBAM, Animals As Leaders, and I Am Abomination.
Would like to discover more awesome bands like these 
beyersmile.png

Corelia,  SiKtH, The Safety Fire, Ever Forthright, Red Seas Fire, Friend For A Foe, Trioscapes, TRAM, Blotted Science, Fellsilent, Monuments, Chimpspanner, Clockwork, Circles, Numbers,
Of Man Not Of Machine, Aliases, Cloudkicker, Cyclamen, Haunted Shores. Keith Merrow, The Human Abstract, Art By Numbers,  Kusudama, Novallo, When Our Time Comes, Protest The Hero, Serosia, Sithu Aye, Vildhjarta. Skyharbour, Textures, Uneven Structure, East Of Eden.

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #6,629 of 29,646
Quote:
I really liked Havok, will be picking up their new album, I owe you a beer! Vektor was ok. Be'lakor was boring. Thanks for the suggestions I look forward to more.

Try Whiplash, Forbidden, Destruction, Sodom, Nuclear Assault, Toxic Holocaust, Evile, Gama Bomb, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Bewitched, Demoniac, Aura Noir...

EDIT: totally forgot SADUS! :D

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #6,630 of 29,646
Quote:
Try Whiplash, Forbidden, Destruction, Sodom, Nuclear Assault, Toxic Holocaust, Evile, Gama Bomb, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Bewitched, Demoniac, Aura Noir...

EDIT: totally forgot SADUS! :D

Ah, some good bands, but no offense, most of if not every one of 'em is less prog and more death metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back