Lets Talk Metal
Jul 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #3,496 of 29,660
For instrumental you have:

Chimp Spanner

Cloudkicker

Gordian Knot

Humanoid

ANd some other I am too lazy to remember right now :)

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #3,497 of 29,660
**** YEAH at Gama Bomb. It's like thrash + speed metal, on crack. With King Diamond screams. Awesome overload.

Which leads me to a recent discovery I made, Heathen Foray. They sound sort of like Amon Amarth, but with more folk influences and with a lot more melodic guitars, almost power metal. Interesting stuff. Anyone else heard them?

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #3,498 of 29,660
I have not thought to much of Revocation to this point (kind of average tech thrash, IMO) but the samples from the new album coming out next month have caught my interest. I think this is more inventive than I've heard from them before, and I really like the end.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #3,502 of 29,660
Man I have so much to listen to from you guys, I just want to interject since I either missed or no one cares but me.

Anyone dig the new Draconian album:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/oEgRovyH1rw[/VIDEO]

I think it just rocks. Now on my top 2011 albums list for sure.

Btw guys, I plan to do a JH3A for Metal review if anyone cares.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #3,504 of 29,660

Quote:

Absolutely, it was on my list of best of 2011 so far. Draconian is the template for how to do harsh and clean female vocals (so called beauty and the beast) together correctly. Lisa Johansson doesn't try to get operatic at all, her style fits melodic doom metal perfectly.

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #3,505 of 29,660

Quote:
Well you definitely made the right choice in headphones then
deadhorse.gif

AHAHAHAH GET OFF MY BACK. You know you only wish you could be happy with plastic headphones.

You're saying Demonaz doesn't come off as straining to you? Son my Grados sound neutral after I massaged them with audiophile oil

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #3,506 of 29,660

Quote:

AHAHAHAH GET OFF MY BACK. You know you only wish you could be happy with plastic headphones.

You're saying Demonaz doesn't come off as straining to you? Son my Grados sound neutral after I massaged them with audiophile oil

Don't sweat it broseidon, Head-Fi loves their plastic headphones, that's why HD800 is king!
tongue_smile.gif

Haven't listened to Demonaz's album yet, better get to it before I lose my kvlt status. You know I'm jammin Immortal 24/7 though.

As for Draconian, I was hooked as soon as I heard the track Seasons Apart. I'm a sucker for br00tal/beautiful vocal combos.

Also I can't stop listening to Agalloch's The White. Just...so...beautiful.

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #3,507 of 29,660

Quote:
Man I have so much to listen to from you guys, I just want to interject since I either missed or no one cares but me.

I actually thought bands like The Sins of Thy Beloved did in 1998 what Draconian is trying to do right now. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #3,508 of 29,660

Quote:
Don't sweat it broseidon, Head-Fi loves their plastic headphones, that's why HD800 is king!
tongue_smile.gif

Haven't listened to Demonaz's album yet, better get to it before I lose my kvlt status. You know I'm jammin Immortal 24/7 though.

As for Draconian, I was hooked as soon as I heard the track Seasons Apart. I'm a sucker for br00tal/beautiful vocal combos.

Also I can't stop listening to Agalloch's The White. Just...so...beautiful.

Dude, thats against brotocol, how do you call yourself a servant of the fallen ones and not listen to Demonaz? 

I'm standing on my roof doing the haircopter right now.

Also.... THIS:

BRB MAKING A GRIM BONFIRE OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AT 4:14AM FEEL FREE TO COME OVER BROHAN

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #3,509 of 29,660
I actually thought bands like The Sins of Thy Beloved did in 1998 what Draconian is trying to do right now. 

After listening to this, I think what makes Draconian special is their cohesiveness. Their transitions between beauty and beast are so seamless. Its almost as if they use her voice as another instrument to supplement the brutal. Couple that with some major good riffage and you have a really strong melodoom band.

Good example, listen to 3:35 of the The Sins track and note the transition. Now compare that transition to 2:20 where Draconian uses the main melody pervasive through the song as a transition device. And then they use that same transition as the main brutal melody in the next switch around 3:18. Just cool stuff. Maybe I am over analyzing it a bit much but I really think Draconian is an evolved version of the track you posted.

By the way Negakinu, just for the record, so there is no misunderstanding....BOOBS! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back