Lets Talk Metal
May 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #3,151 of 29,661
I just heard a live clip from Decapitateds upcoming new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIm_WKD3UbU

I have to say that what the hell is this piece of horsecrap!? Oh my god, this is terrible! I love Decapitated and was overjoyed when I heard that they are active again and are going to put out a new album. What do I hear now? Chugchugutichugwhiiiinechugchug and so on. I fear we might have a new Cryptopsy in our hands. Yes this is a crappy cellphone recording but you can easily make out the riffs.

May 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3,152 of 29,661

Quote:
I just heard a live clip from Decapitateds upcoming new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIm_WKD3UbU

I have to say that what the hell is this piece of horsecrap!? Oh my god, this is terrible! I love Decapitated and was overjoyed when I heard that they are active again and are going to put out a new album. What do I hear now? Chugchugutichugwhiiiinechugchug and so on. I fear we might have a new Cryptopsy in our hands. Yes this is a crappy cellphone recording but you can easily make out the riffs.

I don't think you should judge the song after watching this video. The audio quality sucks.

May 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #3,153 of 29,661
Spirits and August Light is indeed a great album, though I would not say that OG has sold out at all. You don't get the feeling that they are trying to sell shirts at Hot Topic and get radio play. I think the issue is that Antti Filppu left after two albums, and it took the band a little while to gel with Jukka Pelkonen on vocals. Snake's Way in particular I think suffers because of the lineup change. The Redshift was a general improvement with a few rough spots still left, but New World Shadows is simply a killer record.

Yes it would've been wonderful to get a Jester Race 2 or a Whoracle 2 from In Flames, but it's just not happening. As with Disarmonia Mundi, I've given up on waiting for a new album really worth listening to from them.

Barren Earth is a bit of a super group, made up of members from Amorphis, Kreator, and Moonsorrow. Mikko Kotamäki from Swallow the Sun supplies vocals and does a great job. The music is a combination of progressive, melodic death, and doom elements (place 1 part Opeth, 1 part Be'lakor, and 1 part Daylight Dies in a bowl, and stir). The result is fantastic, and their debut is easily one of the best albums of 2010.

Ha! Be'lakor! Man, I'm going to have to blow my own e-doodle a bit here - and yes, you have every reason to not believe me, but I was their first drummer! I went to school with their lead, Shaun Sykes when they were on the prowl for a drummer and my brother was a mate of his. Unfortunately, I bailed before things took off due to exams/general logistics; how un-metal is that!? Ha. They're an awesome band. Aussie metal represent.

And holy balls, Barren Earth sound amazing on paper. I'll be sure to check them out! Moonsorrow are also fantastic. Pimea = rad.

May 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #3,155 of 29,661

Quote:
I don't think you should judge the song after watching this video. The audio quality sucks.

Even if the soundquality sucks, the riffs are still very audible. But you are right, it remains to be seen. Its just the song structure so far seems very very worrying. It seems so -core inspired.

May 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #3,156 of 29,661

Quote:
Quote:
Spirits and August Light is indeed a great album, though I would not say that OG has sold out at all. You don't get the feeling that they are trying to sell shirts at Hot Topic and get radio play. I think the issue is that Antti Filppu left after two albums, and it took the band a little while to gel with Jukka Pelkonen on vocals. Snake's Way in particular I think suffers because of the lineup change. The Redshift was a general improvement with a few rough spots still left, but New World Shadows is simply a killer record.

Yes it would've been wonderful to get a Jester Race 2 or a Whoracle 2 from In Flames, but it's just not happening. As with Disarmonia Mundi, I've given up on waiting for a new album really worth listening to from them.

Barren Earth is a bit of a super group, made up of members from Amorphis, Kreator, and Moonsorrow. Mikko Kotamäki from Swallow the Sun supplies vocals and does a great job. The music is a combination of progressive, melodic death, and doom elements (place 1 part Opeth, 1 part Be'lakor, and 1 part Daylight Dies in a bowl, and stir). The result is fantastic, and their debut is easily one of the best albums of 2010.

Ha! Be'lakor! Man, I'm going to have to blow my own e-doodle a bit here - and yes, you have every reason to not believe me, but I was their first drummer! I went to school with their lead, Shaun Sykes when they were on the prowl for a drummer and my brother was a mate of his. Unfortunately, I bailed before things took off due to exams/general logistics; how un-metal is that!? Ha. They're an awesome band. Aussie metal represent.

And holy balls, Barren Earth sound amazing on paper. I'll be sure to check them out! Moonsorrow are also fantastic. Pimea = rad.

Wow, that is cool.  And Be'lakor is awesome!

I love all the bands and albums that were talked about in the last couple of responses.  I own or have all of them.

This is an anti-post Re-Route In Flames crowd and I respect that.

I still can't wait to see them with Megadeth this summer!  :p

May 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #3,157 of 29,661

Quote:

Ha! That's cool. Be'lakor are well on their way to becoming one of the true greats in the genre, and they are already up there with Virgin Black in terms of the top of the Australian metal scene which is really impressive after just two albums. I'm definitely looking forward to more stuff from Barren Earth. I just picked up their first four track EP, and while it definitely isn't as polished as the debut album, it's still very good. Here are a few tracks for you to check out:

May 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #3,158 of 29,661
hey so im looking for new headphones since my skullcnadies inkd broke and now im stuck with the apple ones =-(, btw those are the only 2 headphones ive ever owned so i dont know much about this, i loved the skullcandies though,i mostly listen to Children of bodom, metallica, messhugah, iron maiden, august burns red, as blood runs black, pantera, across the sun, after the burial etc... you get it jajaj all types of metal and well ive read alot of comments in here and found the Klipsch - Image S4,Brainwavz M2 among other like im-590, etymotic mc5 etc... were great for this type of music but i dont know, so what do you think and for sound well i dont know i guess i like a little bit of everything i cant really tell much specifics about audio, just that i want good sounding headphones XD i can spend 50 bucks a little more wouldnt kill me if its worth the extra money, just a little though jajaj.

May 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #3,160 of 29,661
Some one suggested this band to me and I have been listening to them ever since.

May 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #3,162 of 29,661
be'lakor is sweet. woke up early at summer breeze to see them and was not dissapointed. man they look young lol

anyways, peeped rammstein on friday. i havent listened to them dudes for years not but i could not pass up an opportunity to see them live. one of the best ive EVER been to. awesome. too much new stuff i didnt recognize since i dont listen to them anymore but whatever, i still enjoyed myself

anyways, this might be my favorite so far this year

May 15, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #3,163 of 29,661
May 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #3,165 of 29,661

Users who are viewing this thread

Back