Lets Talk Metal
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #1,636 of 29,680

Quote:
Maybe a weird request, but does anyone know of any Melodic Death metal or metalcore, with female leads that do "pretty" singing? as in not arch enemy, but also not symphonic metal. I was listening to Eyes Set to Kill the other day, and realized that a heavier version of them would be pretty sweet i think 
biggrin.gif

How about Sinergy?  It's more like power metal-style vocals, but very interesting and awesome-sounding done by a woman.  Incidentally, their bassist is Marco from Nightwish.  I quite like the one album of theirs I have: Suicide by my Side.  They also did an excellent "Gimme Gimme Gimme" on the metal tribute to ABBA album.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #1,637 of 29,680
Holy crap.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/08/24/nergal-has-leukemia/

" According to Metal Underground, a Polish celebrity news site, TVP, has revealed that the Behemoth mastermind has leukemia"

## CLUSTER NODES:
196.22.49.91  node01
196.22.49.92  node02
196.22.49.93  node03
196.22.49.94  node04
##

196.22.49.91  sapo01
196.22.49.92  sapo02
196.22.49.93  sapo03
196.22.49.94  sapo04

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #1,638 of 29,680

Quote:
If you don't care about production why do you care about sound reproduction?  It seems slightly counter intuitive.

Poor production in music matters as much to me as poor layout of a novel. I might get annoyed by it if it really is bad, but the overall atmosphere and concept of the album (or novel) retains. Sound recording, on the other hand, is entirely different. I see it to be part of the music itself and therefore quite important.

Quote:

" According to Metal Underground, a Polish celebrity news site, TVP, has revealed that the Behemoth mastermind has leukemia"

It's confirmed? That really sucks

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #1,639 of 29,680

Quote:
It's one thing to use distortion intentionally for artistic effect, I get that. I would rather listen to Twilight Of The Thunder God though than Once Sent From The Golden Hall. Twilight may not be the better album musically, but Golden Hall sounds like garbage, and that takes away the enjoyment for me. I seriously doubt that Amon Amarth intentionally wanted the album to sound that way.

???

Whats wrong with Once Sent From The Golden Halls production? I think it is perfectly fine. Yes its less bassy and thinner sounding as the style is bit different from their later albums (it still has slight black metallish touch at the times from their demos), but I do not detect distortion. Actually on songs like Dragons Flight Across The Waves I think the production is excellent, clear and melodic.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #1,640 of 29,680

Quote:
Holy crap.

## CLUSTER NODES:
196.22.49.91  node01
196.22.49.92  node02
196.22.49.93  node03
196.22.49.94  node04
##

196.22.49.91  sapo01
196.22.49.92  sapo02
196.22.49.93  sapo03
196.22.49.94  sapo04

Holy hell man!
eek.gif
  As I said he was supposed to be on Sonisphere but was hospitalised just couple of days before the gig. Bone marrow transplant... if I have understood correctly it has very bad and painfull recovering process (IF it even works!), and not to mention finding a compatible marrow in the first place is slim!

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #1,641 of 29,680

Quote:
Whats wrong with Once Sent From The Golden Halls production? I think it is perfectly fine. Yes its less bassy and thinner sounding as the style is bit different from their later albums (it still has slight black metallish touch at the times from their demos), but I do not detect distortion. Actually on songs like Dragons Flight Across The Waves I think the production is excellent, clear and melodic.

It's not that it's clipped or distorted, it's that thinness and lack of definition that bugs me. One of my all time favorite Amon Amarth songs is Hermods Ride To Hell. It's a great song, but it also sounds great. If it was written for Golden Hall rather than With Oden On Our Side, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #1,642 of 29,680

Quote:
It's not that it's clipped or distorted, it's that thinness and lack of definition that bugs me. One of my all time favorite Amon Amarth songs is Hermods Ride To Hell. It's a great song, but it also sounds great. If it was written for Golden Hall rather than With Oden On Our Side, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

And its that thinness I think fits that album. Again the song Dragons Flight Across The Waves. It gives it more atmospheric blackmetal feeling instead of more bombastic deathmetallish sound. Thinness serves that kind of (sort of) sorrowfull song well, as it does its "sequel in lyrics" Without Fear.

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,645 of 29,680

Quote:

I need more Amon Amarth in my life.  That's for sure.  Their latest album is really good.

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #1,649 of 29,680

Quote:

Agreed. But Fate of Norns is still my favorite. Anybody listening to the new Gojira album, The Way of All Flesh? Absolute poetry.

this is a kind of a funny story, but since my HDD failed like 5 months ago, i hadnt gotten all the music that i had downloaded and not yet purchased back yet, and you brining up gojira, who i knew was french, made me go on a mad hunt to remember the name of another tech death band from france that i was listening to back in jan/feb that also started with a G, so after a good 20 minutes or so i found them again, Gorod, process of a New Decline was awesome :)

thanks for reminding me dude, also, will check out gojira as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back