Lets Talk Metal
May 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #1,246 of 29,661
Just finished listening to Obsidian Conspiracy, can't say I am impressed by it. I was looking for the mind blowingly furious tracks like Born or Nacrosynthesis but it sounds like they are struck at mid pace for almost all of the tracks. Only the title track is truly impressive. Not bad, but after DHITDW and TGE I must say I am disappointed.

May 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #1,247 of 29,661
Yes! I saw The Faceless a few months back...they're awesome. They were with Fetus, Enfold Darkness, Suffokate and a few others...good show.

Another summer of killer shows comin up...woot woot!!  hee
bigsmile_face.gif

Yeah man Periphery is awesome too!

May 8, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #1,248 of 29,661

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah! Animals as Leaders and Periphery are pretty much the only two metal bands I listen to. I saw them both live in LA a few months back and they were both AMAZING. The new self titled Periphery album is epic as well.

You'd probably do well checking out bands like Reflux, TesseracT, Cloudkicker, Chimp Spanner, Veil of Maya, Bulb, et al. They all fall under the same general banner with Periphery and Animals as Leaders.

Actually, you might find this site interesting - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=147108 - 143 songs that may as well be interchanged between any of the above bands.

~

May 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #1,249 of 29,661
Thank you for the suggestions, asmox, but I have already checked out those bands (and Misha's soundclick) before.To my ears, unfortunately, none of those bands seem to have the catchyness of AAL or Periphery. From Misha's soundclick, I really love Breeze, Legatta, Heliovice, and This Sentence is False, the catchier 'rock' songs. Regarding the Periphery album, I was amazed at how catchy the songs are, even the "heavier" songs like Letter Experiment have some really beautiful, melodic parts.
I'll have to admit though, the intro sections of Veil of Maya's Mowgli are awesome. :)

May 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #1,250 of 29,661
Figured you might have heard those... kinda surprised you can't get into them though. I've always looked at those bands as sort of a "love one, love all" deal because they all pretty much just rip each other off, lol.

Have you heard this? - http://www.myspace.com/vildhjarta - more or less the same style. You might enjoy some of their stuff.

May 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #1,255 of 29,661
Came across this the other day -

If you've wondered what Meshuggah would sound like with a backing symphony, this is probably as close as you're going to get. Fairly interesting if you're into that sort of thing. Avoid like the plague if you hate Meshuggah and/or synths.

May 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #1,256 of 29,661
Exivious is no more...
frown.gif

Tymon (guitarist) released this statement:

"For the first time since the release of our debut album back in May of 2009, I'm afraid we have to bring some really sad news.

After careful consideration we decided to officially pull the plug on EXIVIOUS.

It's not a secret that this band and the album we released last year are very dear to me personally, but also to the rest of the band who put in the best their talent and creativity had to offer to create something really unique. But besides our personal experience, we feel all of you out there who supported us the past year are part of our EXIVIOUS community as well and as such you guys deserve a proper explanation of what's happening.

We're in a situation right now where we are simply unable to give EXIVIOUS the attention and love we believe it deserves. All four of us are completely consumed by other activities and it doesn't seem like this is going to change anytime soon. So instead of slowly letting our beloved band bleed to death, we rather put it to sleep ourselves."

The silver lining:

"For the first time in EXIVIOUS history we're offering a t-shirt in our online shop which features the artwork of our debut album! Pre-orders are available at http://www.exivious.net."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139791

May 10, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #1,257 of 29,661
Damn it! I had recently gotten the limited edition Exivious CD (number around 9XX) and they just split. Well, it means limited edition now cost more :D Seems they decided to split once they sold all the Limited Edition :D

BTW, for the people who like progressive stuff you should check Canvas Solaris (Might have been recommended before)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back