Lets Talk Metal
May 15, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #1,266 of 29,663
@donunus
Glad you like the band too. "Silhouettes" is one of my all time favourite albums. Be sure to check it out :D

@Fido2
Gotta love "Mechanize". Still getting into the new Misery Index, but Grind is not my thing really...

Anyone liking Solution .45 and the new Alcest? :3

May 17, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #1,267 of 29,663
Ronnie James Dio is dead. I have a bad feeling when I heard that they suddenly cancelled all their european tours including Sonisphere, but didnt expect this.

RIP, you are a legend in my eyes.

*edit* Oh, I see there are two threads about this already. But still it has to be mentioned in this thread too. This is a sad morning.

May 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #1,271 of 29,663
Hey guys...just got two cds i ordered from cd universe in the mail today.
1. Before the dawn -"My darkness"
2.In mourning-"Monolith"      
I am a freak of this melodic finnish style and until now i listened mostly to: Omnium gatherum and Insomnium as my two favourites, but these are two new bands i got recommended in this thread, they are simply awsome!!      anybody else know them?   very recommended if you are into melodic death style.  

May 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #1,273 of 29,663
Well hadn't listened to this guys but they do sound like the typical Melodeath bands. Might listen to them some day.

However I have to insist on recommending you Be'lakor. They are on the Kick-ass level of Insomnium.

And i like Omnium Gatherum's singer. He has a very beastly growl.

Quote:
Hey guys...just got two cds i ordered from cd universe in the mail today.
1. Before the dawn -"My darkness"
2.In mourning-"Monolith"      
I am a freak of this melodic finnish style and until now i listened mostly to: Omnium gatherum and Insomnium as my two favourites, but these are two new bands i got recommended in this thread, they are simply awsome!!      anybody else know them?   very recommended if you are into melodic death style.  

Right now I am listening to a lot of Progressive metal such as Canvas Solaris, Coprofago, Pelican. The last album released by CS is amazing. Love the songs "The Binaural Beat" and "Chromatic Dusk"

And another song of Pelican, for the ones who don't know them:

It starts slow and later the heavy stuff kicks in. Highly recommended for some night listening.

Oh and forgot about the excellent Spanish band called Continuo Renacer. Excellent bass work they have. This goes towards the guys who like Animals As Leaders.

(This one is quite different from the rest of the album)

May 23, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #1,274 of 29,663
thanks for the recommendations bullseye.   I am not familiar with those progmetal bands you mentioned,I will have to check those.     I assuming that you know "before the dawn" and "in mourning"..?  I really dig them they are both insomnium and omnium level.  in mourning are somewhat more progressive, before the dawn are more straight power-death with great melodies that only finnish bands can give.     

Users who are viewing this thread

Back