Lets Talk Metal
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #151 of 29,653
New metal rebel fashion! Too bad I dont wear pajamas.
frown.gif
I have to go to my next metal concert with my (black) underwear only. damn...

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #152 of 29,653
I was joking. I don't wear pajamas to concerts :[

Honestly, I've never really thought about it. I have an ISIS hoody that I really like, so I usually where that most places along with some jeans.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #155 of 29,653
Hell yeah! Just came back from Amon Amarth's Concert. They kicked ass! I bought a shirt, the only type left wen I bought it was from The Crusher album, quite cool shirt.

Then i could shake hands with Johan Hegg, and Ted Lundström, however I was unlucky because I didn't reach any guitar pick they gave, nor any drumstick (they threw 4) Well that for next concert
biggrin.gif

Their performance was great, the drank beer from their horns, the guitar riffs were well played, however the acoustics of the stage were awful... They had problems when setting the sound, etc...

Now my ears hurt a bit, but damn it was nice!

\m/ AA rule!

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #156 of 29,653
Anyone knows this band ?

Nauthisuruz

It's some interesting experimental, synth driven black metal, free flac download of all albums
biggrin.gif
Check out "Sanity Funeral"...

I also foun this one http://www.myspace.com/ossein2009 their last double album lasts more than two hours, it's extremely experimental and unbelievably well produced to be a free album, interesting , though i've not the courage to endure a complete listen...

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #157 of 29,653
Well lets keep talking metal
smily_headphones1.gif

I am listening to The Ocean -Precambrian (Proterozoic)- CD and it just kicks ass!

The Ocean

I recommend you listen to it, this song too Eoarchaean/The Great Void

Damn difficult names
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #160 of 29,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well lets keep talking metal
smily_headphones1.gif

I am listening to The Ocean -Precambrian (Proterozoic)- CD and it just kicks ass!

The Ocean

I recommend you listen to it, this song too Eoarchaean/The Great Void

Damn difficult names
biggrin.gif

Oh man, I definitely agree. What an album. I heard they're working on something for '09, which gets me excited...

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #161 of 29,653
^You bet Denver

Lets see what they get up too.
I am also waiting for the new album of Wintersun -Time- which has been delayed quite some time now

And might check the upcoming album of Lamb of God. have heard their last and i like it, however i find it a bit repetitive

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #162 of 29,653
i know most of you probably like the more hard stuff,but anybody into melodic goth metal? you know...bands like: epica,tristania,after forever,theatre of tragedy...etc? the combination of female singers and powerful metal sound is just amazing,like hot and cold combination. musical orgasme to my ears!

i also listen to some power metal and progressive: kamelot,evergrey,angra,therion,pagan's mind, and ofcourse....symphony-x!,the best in the progressive scene ,from what i heard so far.
my rule in metal is: as long as the music is melodic..take it as hard as you like!

i dont listen to a lot of death metal(yet..) but moonspell is the closest to that kind i listen to. (although their album-"irreligious" is kind a gothic).

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #163 of 29,653
plonter, i had my time where I liked those kind of bands. Within Temptation, nightwish, etc... (I stil llike to listen to some WT songs i used to listen), however now i am more into other stuff, more variety

I recommend you try Kalmah, excelent melodic death metal band, it will get you into that stuff. You can also go for Children Of bodom

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Damn they kick ass, even is SQ from youtube is poop
biggrin.gif
I recommend you ask around here, I bet there are loads of people who can recommend you some artists

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #164 of 29,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plonter, i had my time where I liked those kind of bands. Within Temptation, nightwish, etc... (I stil llike to listen to some WT songs i used to listen), however now i am more into other stuff, more variety

I recommend you try Kalmah, excelent melodic death metal band, it will get you into that stuff. You can also go for Children Of bodom

IgJyahHXdo8

Damn they kick ass, even is SQ from youtube is poop
biggrin.gif
I recommend you ask around here, I bet there are loads of people who can recommend you some artists

thanks alot! i will try those today at the metal shop.

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #165 of 29,653
Well and now that i am at it, I will recommend one of the most kick-ass songs i have heard (melodeath too) The guitar riff is top notch
smily_headphones1.gif

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

@3:07 is where the riff starts
Enjoy!
L3000.gif

EDIT: Damn my laptop speakers suck so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back