Lets Talk Metal
Dec 4, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #27,256 of 29,665
I generally don't read about band members personal lives or interviews or anything and I'm pretty dense so unless lyrics are explicitly discriminating a specific group of sapiens I probably wouldn't even know.

Metal being as it is unless the album cover/title make it obviously I wouldn't even notice if the lyrics DID explicitly do all that. :p

But then again, it's kinda funny. No one thinks twice about a band that explicitly hates on Christians, to the point that the likes of Deicide can be seen as almost respected veterans and Lamb of God can revisit "Burn the Priest" with no kerfuffle, but if the same is done against either of the other Abrahamic religions they get slapped for "hate speech."

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #27,257 of 29,665
Metal being as it is unless the album cover/title make it obviously I wouldn't even notice if the lyrics DID explicitly do all that. :p

But then again, it's kinda funny. No one thinks twice about a band that explicitly hates on Christians, to the point that the likes of Deicide can be seen as almost respected veterans and Lamb of God can revisit "Burn the Priest" with no kerfuffle, but if the same is done against either of the other Abrahamic religions they get slapped for "hate speech."

Fundamentalists don't like anti religious music at all lol, we're just not exposed to their rhetoric in mainstream media, whereas we probably will see a huffpost blog from some armchair authoritarian demanding burzum tshirts be illegal. But I think alot of the anti religious content focuses more on indoctrination, exploitation, and hypocrisy, and we see anti Christian themes because the bands we listen to come from predominantly Christian nations. Fortunately, societies progressed in these nations to allow free speech. Very few death/black bands in Iran and Saudi Arabia ... Arsames. Content blaming religion for all the ails of humanity is just another form of scapegoating though, the difference is the religion is an idea, as opposed to hate speech directed towards different people.

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #27,258 of 29,665
Hello everybody,
Is there any death metaller here?
I am from Turkey and here we have a lot of good death metal bands.

Gore-grind

Death Metal

Old school death metal

From Turkey ;]

That artwork on Through the Eternal Damnation... phew...

Dec 8, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #27,261 of 29,665
It's not that they ain't talented, but damn I really dislike bands like that. They feel like the KPop equivalent of metal. Or like if the kind of company that makes boy bands a la One Direction wanted to make money off of single dudes who listen to metal.

Dec 8, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #27,262 of 29,665
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #27,265 of 29,665
Behemoth is absolutely amazing on my LCD4s, it sounds like Im listening to a different band.

Planars for metal, no better combo, the speed, the extension. The only thing Ive personally heard that suprised me was how a pair of Stax brought out buried bass guitars.

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #27,266 of 29,665
Planars for metal, no better combo, the speed, the extension. The only thing Ive personally heard that suprised me was how a pair of Stax brought out buried bass guitars.

Really? I haven't heard the 009 but I found the 007 pretty lifeless even with metal...

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #27,267 of 29,665
Really? I haven't heard the 009 but I found the 007 pretty lifeless even with metal...

I have a pair of SR-207s, and when you eq the large mid range bump and the very large treble bump down its a much more balanced sound, they have excellent bass performance, low extension and low distortion. With the added benefit of performing very well with virtualization.

Heres the eq i use for normal listening
20180930_203700.jpg

Heres the innerfidelity measurement: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR207SB2217.pdf

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #27,268 of 29,665
If BDH and Nekropsalms weren't already amazing I'd say these guys just get better and better.

New Zealotry mmm

New Corpsessed

These guys have a theme... a horrible horrible theme...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #27,269 of 29,665
Guys, I recently switched to Mac and there is no Foobar and I wanted to check couple of things:

- Best free music player for Mac
- I have 500 GB of music on my HDD, how can I create a library of it on ITunes. Whenever I try to add all music it just takes forever. Is there any easier way to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back