Lets Talk Metal
Dec 15, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #27,287 of 29,641
Morbid Angel is another group in my list that I can't wait to get into. I do know that their album altars of madness is probably one of the best death metal albums ever made.

I still listen to it regularly, sounds like home xD

Just remember, Illud is something... different

Dec 15, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #27,288 of 29,641
And just wait, youll be listening to

And

In no time

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #27,290 of 29,641
Pissgrav is fiiiiiiilthy.

But don't feel obligated to go into any styles or subgenres you're not feeling, y'know? I might bull a lot about the ultra-brutal death metal or crazy misanthropic black metal but that's just kinda my personal thing. If you find stuff to be too out there in any one direction then it's not like you're less "true" for not being a fan.

I will say that winter being here has got me listening to a ton of chillier black metal. Paysage D'Hiver, Coldworld, Wintaar, Sorcier Des Glaces, that kinda stuff.

Dec 16, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #27,291 of 29,641
Pissgrav is fiiiiiiilthy.

But don't feel obligated to go into any styles or subgenres you're not feeling, y'know? I might bull**** a lot about the ultra-brutal death metal or crazy misanthropic black metal but that's just kinda my personal thing. If you find stuff to be too out there in any one direction then it's not like you're less "true" for not being a fan.

I will say that winter being here has got me listening to a ton of chillier black metal. Paysage D'Hiver, Coldworld, Wintaar, Sorcier Des Glaces, that kinda stuff.

Yup, I listen to some proggier stonery stuff like

I think theres some death metal saxophone in here

I fkn love this Anabyss album, awesome riffing and composition

Vinterland style melo black

Melodic technical progressive blackened death with thrash influences?

Even some crossover

Of course pure widly like Spastic Ink

And even some electro industrial death

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #27,293 of 29,641
Death did blow my mind though. Chuck is a genius.
Aside from the obvious bands like Atheist, Cynic, Pestilence, Sadist, there's some lesser known European bands that make some incredible death style death metal.
File these in your list:
Incarnator
Deathbringer
Hieronymus Bosch
Sceptic
Burning Inside
and my personal favorites, Polluted Inheritence and Pestifer (屮゜Д゜)屮 Seriously, the Pestifer...

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #27,294 of 29,641
This get mentioned here yet? dunno how I missed it...

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #27,295 of 29,641
Ten seconds into track 2 and I purchased that one instantly damn.

That album is a great example of "why bands need to use more tags." I see an album that's just labeled "death metal" and I figure it's stock standard OSDM type stuff and don't stop to listen when I'm scrolling through the dozen new releases every day. A few more tags to describe the mind****ery on display would have gotten me there earlier. It's like if Demilich and Abyssal had a demon baby.

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #27,296 of 29,641
Ya, I know some bands can be weird about labels, but just embrace it lol. I was listening to

yesterday and saw Exlimitir in the similar artists, haven't seen them mentioned anywhere else...

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #27,297 of 29,641
Yeah, it kinda sucks because damn I love this album but I wouldn't have found it normally. Now I'm hooked, that bass tone...

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #27,299 of 29,641

Only metal album i bought this year.

Awesome, I linked that last page, it's a good one. I don't remember if I linked this one or not but you may like it too.

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #27,300 of 29,641
Those midpaced OSDM albums are all killer.

I'd prefer not to think how many albums I bought off BandCamp this year. I know it's at least 50...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back