Lets Talk Metal
Nov 1, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #24,828 of 29,662
Blows Metallica away so bad it's funny!

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #24,831 of 29,662
So far I think the new Korn is going to be my favorite album of the year. Who would guess liking a Nu-metal record in 2016, so many years after the peak of the genre.

Facts are the album is just amazing, so many details with their sound so perfected and fun. It's one of the best if not THE best album they ever made. IMO

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #24,832 of 29,662
So far I think the new Korn is going to be my favorite album of the year. Who would guess liking a Nu-metal record in 2016, so many years after the peak of the genre.

Facts are the album is just amazing, so many details with their sound so perfected and fun. It's one of the best if not THE best album they ever made. IMO

I listened to it a handful of times on the UR55, then played it another time on the KTXPRO1. Was astonished at how different the album sounded. I thought of what you said about Korn being audiophile metal. (Though the DR value of 5 is poor for this one...but I don't care too much about that.)

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #24,833 of 29,662
Blows Metallica away so bad it's funny!

yup, the guitar work is way more polished and well thought, although the atlas song is better than their previous 2 releases, it's still not very good.
but all these songs are still bad compared to the old stuff.

I'm young myself so the nostalgia factor of glorious old songs in the past does not impair my judgement, old songs are definitely better.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #24,834 of 29,662

foobar2000 1.3.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2016-11-01 17:58:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Earth and Pillars / Pillars I
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR10      -0.25 dB   -13.47 dB     18:23 01-Pillars
DR9       -0.26 dB   -11.55 dB     15:49 02-Myth
DR10      -0.28 dB   -12.14 dB     15:41 03-Solemnity
DR9       -0.23 dB   -10.95 dB     16:33 04-Penn
Number of tracks:  4
Official DR value: DR10
Samplerate:        44100 Hz
Channels:          2
Bitrate:           320 kbps
Codec:             MP3
================================================================================

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/pillars-i

Damn good album!

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #24,835 of 29,662

Trees of Eternity are:
Aleah Starbridge: vocals
Juha Raivio (Swallow The Sun) : guitar
Kai Hahto (Nightwish, Wintersun) : drums
Mattias Norrman (ex-Katatonia, October Tide): bass
Fredrik Norrman (ex-Katatonia, October Tide) : guitar

Lovely. I just read up on them, the vocalist died of cancer at the age of 39. Sad..looking forward to the album though. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #24,836 of 29,662
<a data-cke-saved-href="http://hailspiritnoir.bandcamp.com/album/mayhem-in-blue" href="http://hailspiritnoir.bandcamp.com/album/mayhem-in-blue">Mayhem in Blue by Hail Spirit Noir</a>
Heavy metal has had a long and fruitful symbiotic relationship with Halloween, at least loosely, with it’s horror and Satanic related themes. My first exposure was, like for many, Black Sabbath. My neighbor had the first couple albums and the cover of the first one, with the blurry image of what could be a witch, along with the ominous devil’s tritone introducing the title track, literally gave my 8 year-old self nightmares. It probably warped me enough so that by the time Iron Maiden’s The Number Of The Beast (1982) came along, I was primed and ready. There’s a ton of stuff that could fit from this year, but I’m picking Greek psychedelic black prog metal band Hail Spirit Noir because it just came out last week and deserves some attention (my album of the week was their labelmates Madder Mortem, but this band shouldn’t be overlooked). Obviously there’s been so much extreme metal in the past 25 years that nothing is really going to truly shock or terrify. However on their third album Hail Spirit Noir create a nicely eerie atmosphere while also sounding pretty unique with their eccentric mix of psych prog and black metal. I have a low tolerance for the shrieking featured on the majority of black metal, and thankfully this band bypasses that, with a mix of clean and rasped vocals that do not send sonic needles through my eyeballs. The band feel free to include all sorts of untraditional metal elements, including electronic effects, saxophones, banjos. Celebrate Halloween by giving “Lost In Satan’s Charms” a whirl and see if you’re not entranced. | Halloween Nasties

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #24,837 of 29,662
@Redcarmoose For $7 QKZ W1 PRO is amazing value. Thank you.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #24,840 of 29,662
@Redcarmoose
 For $7 QKZ W1 PRO is amazing value. Thank you.

So glad you like them. I found they work a little better with an after market cable and stay fixed in place. I use the cable for the Basic Indonesia ie200HD. They sell them as just a replacement cable. Tips are tough too but if you really like them sounds like you lucked out and found some tips that work. Only one pair fit for me out of a whole box of tips?

The world needs more almost free great sounding IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back