Lets Talk Metal
Oct 22, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #24,736 of 29,663
  Really? Nothing from New American Gospel? That's the only LOG album I even love.

Just heard "512" for the first time. Not bad! Definitely gonna give the latest album a chance.

haha, New American Gospel is actually my least favorite, I guess we're the exact opposites when it comes to LoG.

VII: Sturm und Drang album is actually quite good, some good songs in there, the only let down for me was the production value, it is not as clean as their earlier works, sounds a little muddy to me..(only a little though, nothing major)
It's weird.. Idk why this is the case, how come the older recording is cleaner than the new ones?

IMO, good tracks in Sturm und Drang:
Still Echoes
Erase This
Footprints
Engage The Fear Machine
Delusion Pandemic
Nightmare Seeker (bonus track)

@ColonelBucket8 can also try those tracks if still interested

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #24,737 of 29,663

I actually liked that track from their newest album more than most of the albums before it, going from memory.

Did you hear both versions of New American Gospel? I think they messed up the sound quality on the remaster.

It sounds like the "remastered" version was mixed through a set of tin cans. Sounds much worse IMO

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #24,738 of 29,663
  haha, New American Gospel is actually my least favorite, I guess we're the exact opposites when it comes to LoG.

I'm not crazy about the band's hillbilly groove metal style. Their first album (as LOG, at least) has more of a hardcore influence and appeals to my extreme sensibilities.

It sounds like the "remastered" version was mixed through a set of tin cans. Sounds much worse IMO

Ha. When I first heard it, I couldn't believe how much more distortion was added.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #24,739 of 29,663

I'm not crazy about the band's hillbilly groove metal style. Their first album (as LOG, at least) has more of a hardcore influence and appeals to my extreme sensibilities.

Ha. When I first heard it, I couldn't believe how much more distortion was added.

Have you listened to any of their stuff from their Burn the Priest days?

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #24,744 of 29,663
Same members, just their first album before changing their name to Lamb of God. I think a couple tracks have resurfaced onto other albums

LOG put out better albums than this 1. IMO

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #24,745 of 29,663

Surely you saw my post about Burn The Priest where I linked to their Metal Archives page. I've been aware of it for many years.

I didnt haha. Oops!

Naturally. That album is like 17 years old. Id be concerned if they didnt improve in that much time

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #24,746 of 29,663
Stop everything.

Antaeus (one of my top three black metal bands) finally has a new album, Condemnation, coming out on November 18th! I've been waiting for this for ten years.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Antaeus/Condemnation/609406
http://www.noevdia.com/shop/cd-digipack-digibook/antaeus-condemnation-cd/
http://www.noevdia.com/shop/lp-dlp-gatefold/antaeus-condemnation-lp/

...Unfortunately, I don't like this track nearly as much as their prior material.

The LP has cooler cover art than the CD.

Antaeus_Condemnation_cover_LP.jpg

Antaeus_Condemnation_cover_CD.jpg

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #24,747 of 29,663

I also like LoG more than burn the priest, and yes I tried to listen to burn the priest album as well.
they probably went overboard when they change the band name, Lamb of God feels exactly the opposite of Burn The Priest.
Sounds like  aChristian Rock band. haha

btw have anyone has an idea of bands with similar vibes as Septicflesh?
I've been really hooked on them for the past couple of days and would like to explore this style more.
Sounds grand and evil at the same time.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #24,748 of 29,663

I also like LoG more than burn the priest, and yes I tried to listen to burn the priest album as well.
they probably went overboard when they change the band name, Lamb of God feels exactly the opposite of Burn The Priest.
Sounds like  aChristian Rock band. haha

btw have anyone has an idea of bands with similar vibes as Septicflesh?
I've been really hooked on them for the past couple of days and would like to explore this style more.
Sounds grand and evil at the same time.

Fleshgod Apocalypse?

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #24,750 of 29,663
The reissue of the Antaeus / Aosoth split is on Bandcamp now. I'll have it start on my favorite track of the compilation.

Wrath Of The Evangelikum by Antaeus

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Antaeus_-_Aosoth/Wrath_of_the_Evangelikum/441611
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Antaeus_-_Aosoth/Aosoth_-_Antaeus/27870

Tracks 1 to 4: Live in Paris 2001.
Track 5: First studio version - 2001, issued on the "SPK Kommando" EP released via Spikekult, with bands like Hell Militia, Deviant & EM.
Track 6: Split EP with Necrophagia, released on RedStream/Baphomet Records 2001.
Tracks 7 & 8: "Rot", released on Battlesk'rs 2005.
Tracks 9 to 11: MLP - 2002 - Paleur Mortelle Prods.
Tracks 12 to 13: Unreleased tracks.

I didnt haha. Oops!

It was at the bottom of the very same post you originally replied to. Guess you didn't read it all.

will definitely try tomorrow!

Start with this one:

Also check out the Anorexia Nervosa tracks on my playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back