Lets Talk Metal
Oct 25, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #24,769 of 29,662
Hi guys. Long time no see. :) 

Here's something I've been enjoying lately: Mare Cognitum's Luminiferous Aether

Atmospheric bm with a hint of Darkspace. Interesting guitar work, soaring melodies and a sound that's somewhere inbetween a black hole and shouting triumphantly at the top of your lungs from a mountain. A space mountain. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #24,770 of 29,662
it's been a long time for me posting in this thread, but...

My word!  How good is Insomnium's new album?  It's been on repeat now for the past two weeks and i'm still not in the least bit over it.

It's been a long time since I've heard something quite so captivating.  If I recall I was singing the praises of Winterstorm last time I was hyperactive oon these forums.  "Winter's Gate" is just that little bit better, and as an added bonus Insomnium isn't endlessly teasing us with a "will it happen or wont' it?" sequel.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #24,771 of 29,662
  it's been a long time for me posting in this thread, but...

My word!  How good is Insomnium's new album?  It's been on repeat now for the past two weeks and i'm still not in the least bit over it.

It's been a long time since I've heard something quite so captivating.  If I recall I was singing the praises of Winterstorm last time I was hyperactive oon these forums.  "Winter's Gate" is just that little bit better, and as an added bonus Insomnium isn't endlessly teasing us with a "will it happen or wont' it?" sequel.

here's what I thought of it from my previous post

"
I finally had a chance to listen to Insomnium's winter's gate from start to finish without a pause.
I have to say that it is quite enjoyable although the level of finesse is not as high as usual.
there are times where it got a little boring, but overall a good album and an excellent first try on a concept album from Insomnium.
"
I feel that the vocal part is what bores me at times.
when I listen to Crimson, the vocal is one of the factors that get me going, didn't happen on winter's gate for me.

it's still a good album, this is just a minor downside for me, I still listen to it after a while.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #24,772 of 29,662
For me it's the way the album (song) ebbs and flows, with each peak and trough well measured.  No passage overstays its welcome.  And at its most sombre points it's almost tear-jerkingly so.  There's enough sways in mood to keep me engaged at worst and enthralled at best.

Granted finesse and vocals are a weak point, but insofar as weak points go it's like saying Cantillon kriek is too funky.*  I'll give Crimson a go to see how the vocals engage by comparison.

* Don't mind me, when writing about beer I often use musical analogies hence the reverse was always going to apply. :p  Cantillon kriek is definitely more about the Lambic funk than wild cherries.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #24,773 of 29,662
  Hi guys. Long time no see. :) 

Here's something I've been enjoying lately: Mare Cognitum's Luminiferous Aether

Atmospheric bm with a hint of Darkspace. Interesting guitar work, soaring melodies and a sound that's somewhere inbetween a black hole and shouting triumphantly at the top of your lungs from a mountain. A space mountain. 

seriously dude. Really long time :) You were my definition of Black Metal (I forgot what it was called). And there was a work trip to Amsterdam which never materialized and I thought I would DM you if it had.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #24,775 of 29,662

Listening to the new Korn in 24/96 at home and FLAC on the road with the bass heavy Philips SHP8000! Love this album. Maybe a comeback?

Did anyone hear the new redue of Twisted Transistor on the new EP?

Korn offer a whole new sound in bass and drum metal interaction, really nothing like it right now!!

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #24,776 of 29,662
[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RLFWhYydqE [/VIDEO]

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #24,777 of 29,662
The Mare Cognitum album is not bloody bad at all!

I might give the new Korn album a go later today.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #24,778 of 29,662
Listening to the new Korn in 24/96 at home and FLAC on the road with the bass heavy Philips SHP8000! Love this album. Maybe a comeback?

Did anyone hear the new redue of Twisted Transistor on the new EP?

Korn offer a whole new sound in bass and drum metal interaction, really nothing like it right now!!

Funny thing: I got the deluxe edition of See You On The Other Side when it first came out and haven't heard their newer albums until this newest one. But I don't see any info on a new EP...? And the link you shared for "Twisted Transistor" sounds like the original...?

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #24,779 of 29,662

Funny thing: I got the deluxe edition of See You On The Other Side when it first came out and haven't heard their newer albums until this newest one. But I don't see any info on a new EP...? And the link you shared for "Twisted Transistor" sounds like the original...?

OK, Sorry. Here is the song listing. I recieved it from a friend. Don't know where you can find it. Could be a fan edition. It's called "Korn Again Still Insane".

It came out a week before our new album. 

Hope it helps.

Your right the video I posted is the original. Sorry for the wild goose chase.

The intro to Twisted Transistor is some of the lowest bass I have ever heard recorded.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #24,780 of 29,662
OK, Sorry. Here is the song listing. I recieved it from a friend. Don't know where you can find it. Could be a fan edition. It's called "Korn Again Still Insane".

It came out a week before our new album. 

Hope it helps.

Your right the video I posted is the original. Sorry for the wild goose chase.

The intro to Twisted Transistor is some of the lowest bass I have ever heard recorded.

Gah. You put your reply inside the quote so I had to go back and copy/paste.

Looks like a fan release. I searched for it in quotes and only a handful of results came up. So I assume it's also a fan remix of that song?

I did frequency sweeps with my Koss UR55 and the deepest bass frequencies are insane. Only shows up occasionally in music, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back