Lets Talk Metal
Jun 5, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #19,366 of 29,652

EVIL GRIM DARK ******** THAT NOBODY CAN HONESTLY TAKE SERIOUS!!!

That's Metal for you folks.

Honestly, that was a damn good cover. I almost like this version better.

BTW, objective intensity vs emotional (or perceived) intensity. 

This is the single most intense song to me. The "chorus" gives me chills everytime. If I listen attentively to this song, I positively can't focus on anything else.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #19,367 of 29,652
  This is the single most intense song to me. The "chorus" gives me chills everytime. If I listen attentively to this song, I positively can't focus on anything else.

That is awesome man! Thanks for posting :D

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #19,368 of 29,652
Thank-you for that clip. Truly an amazing place. They also say that is were the Garden of Eden was. That was actually the remains of the second temple of King Solomon. Across we saw the Temple Mount the exact place where Muhammad assended. It could be said to be the most intense place on earth. And noted as the place Moses held the tablets after the flood. Every Jewish person faces King Solomons Temple every time they pray anywhere in the world from any direction. It's also going to be the place for the red heifer to be placed when found. There have been 9 red cows so far, all before the time of Jesus.

That's what I love about metal, it takes you places. I'm going to have to watch that whole film!

yeah that film goes all over, brazil, china, indonesia, japan, india.  Sam Dunn, the director behind Global Metal has a bunch of great metal related works.  This one is more relevant though since everyone here is familiar with metal.  The first one Metal: A Headbangers Journey is a fun watch but it's more about where metal came from and what metal is.  He also had a TV series on VH1 called Metal Evolution, which had a crowd funded Extreme Metal focused episode. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #19,369 of 29,652
yeah that film goes all over, brazil, china, indonesia, japan, india.  Sam Dunn, the director behind Global Metal has a bunch of great metal related works.  This one is more relevant though since everyone here is familiar with metal.  The first one Metal: A Headbangers Journey is a fun watch but it's more about where metal came from and what metal is.  He also had a TV series on VH1 called Metal Evolution, which had a crowd funded Extreme Metal focused episode. 

I'm in Indonesia now but really can't get into the local Black Metal. Black Metal is fully popular here but it seems the bands don't have the sound in their blood like Norway?

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #19,370 of 29,652
I'm in Indonesia now but really can't get into the local Black Metal. Black Metal is fully popular here but it seems the bands don't have the sound in their blood like Norway?

Yeah, they write from a different place for sure. a lot of the bands from indonesia, singapore, and australia scenes are more in line with the war metal ethos.  It loses most of the atmosphere and such from the second wave of black metal.  I personally find it to be more of a throwback sound, kind of like the current underground trend of the dark dissonant death metal bands that are heavily influenced by Incantation.   Warning to anyone who hasn't heard it, if you thought most black metal had bad production, war metal is a whole other level generally.  Not really my thing, but 2 friends who are metal promoters really dig that stuff, so i know a fair bit about that movement. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #19,371 of 29,652
Yeah, they write from a different place for sure. a lot of the bands from indonesia, singapore, and australia scenes are more in line with the war metal ethos.  It loses most of the atmosphere and such from the second wave of black metal.  I personally find it to be more of a throwback sound, kind of like the current underground trend of the dark dissonant death metal bands that are heavily influenced by Incantation.   Warning to anyone who hasn't heard it, if you thought most black metal had bad production, war metal is a whole other level generally.  Not really my thing, but 2 friends who are metal promoters really dig that stuff, so i know a fair bit about that movement. 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Impiety/3583

Besides Sigh the only other Asian band I like is Impiety, and yes, lol they are war-metal! Maybe one of the top 4 most intense bands I have ever heard.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #19,372 of 29,652
I thought most metalheads knew that most of the stuff you referred to above is man-made fiction.

Water and tea do not make me high or energized. How are they supposed to give me the same stimulation, hmmm?

(I do enjoy tea, though.)

Any thing you can imagine in your mind actually becomes real. Our universe is imaginary. That's why these things have power. I actually don't judge any ones religion and would never judge it as man-made or fake. Still to each his own.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #19,373 of 29,652

Besides Sigh the only other Asian band I like is Impiety, and yes, lol they are war-metal! Maybe one of the top 4 most intense bands I have ever heard.

yep, they played 2 shows in new york city while i was living there.  One of which was i think the vocalist's birthday.   Definitely great performers and the sound translates to a good live set.  
Pretty much if you see a Thorncross album cover or the Nuclear War Now label involved you can kind of be sure what type of band it will be.   Sigh is an interesting one.  I'd recommend the japanese band Intestine Baalism, they're melodic death but not really the gothenburg type melodeath, more like Dismember, Vehemence and mid career Carcass.  

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #19,374 of 29,652
  That is awesome man! Thanks for posting :D

Woah! Matheny. One of my favorites. The guy's a modern jazz genius. Saw him last year after 20 years. Spellbinding performer. Seriously not metal...but amazing all the same. He has this synthesized orchestra contraption that is freaking wild.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #19,376 of 29,652

I thought most metalheads knew that most of the stuff you referred to above is man-made fiction.

I'm not religious. There is nothing to gain from those kind of statements, especially not on an headphone forum

Yeah, you can go away if you're going to be saying stuff like that. You're crossing the line.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #19,378 of 29,652
Yeah, you can go away if you're going to be saying stuff like that. You're crossing the line.

So we're allowed to talk about it as if it were true, yet not allowed to challenge it? Okay then...

Just remember that I'm not the one who brought it up. We're not even supposed to discuss religion on this site, anyway.

If somebody said something that offended you, let them know and they will gladly change the subject (much like I did in response to your post). There's a difference between doing that and making challenging remarks that have a high potential to offend people and create a hostile atmosphere in a thread composed of people of all backgrounds dedicated to discussing music, not the existence or nonexistence of God.

OK, so then maybe we should just drop it.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #19,379 of 29,652
yep, they played 2 shows in new york city while i was living there.  One of which was i think the vocalist's birthday.   Definitely great performers and the sound translates to a good live set.  
Pretty much if you see a Thorncross album cover or the Nuclear War Now label involved you can kind of be sure what type of band it will be.   Sigh is an interesting one.  I'd recommend the japanese band Intestine Baalism, they're melodic death but not really the gothenburg type melodeath, more like Dismember, Vehemence and mid career Carcass.  

They almost seem like they would be better live than on recordings. Their studio recording almost have a live feel to them. Still I have not heard everything from them. Turns out they are very underground and only print up so much stuff.

I don't know if you have heard their last album? It was not what I was expecting from them? Normally though I never view bands with their character as ever lasting that long. Either there are massive personal changes or they just break-up. We were talking about pure metal energy a while ago, then the Impiety band shows up in our conversations.....they are PURE energy. IMO.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #19,380 of 29,652
They almost seem like they would be better live than on recordings. Their studio recording almost have a live feel to them. Still I have not heard everything from them. Turns out they are very underground and only print up so much stuff.

I don't know if you have heard their last album? It was not what I was expecting from them? Normally though I never view bands with their character as ever lasting that long. Either there are massive personal changes or they just break-up. We were talking about pure metal energy a while ago, then the Impiety band shows up in our conversations.....they are PURE energy. IMO.

Latest Impiety release. I just checked and they have had enough former member to start a football team, maybe two teams.lol Still they have been around starting from 1990.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAS4lE2fCc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back