Lets Talk Metal
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #18,376 of 29,664
By the way, who every turned me onto strapping young lad, thanks! Whoa, talk about ballz-to-the-wallz metal!!

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #18,379 of 29,664
  Well, at least you put a positive spin on it lol.

I like Blind Guardian as each of their albums gives me the fist pumping power metal candy that I want. I don't like them because they are special or whatever. That being said, I think their new one is pretty good and deserves AMG's runner up status.

I would recommend Secret Sphere, Persuader, Vision Divine, etc over Blind Guardian any day of the week.

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #18,380 of 29,664

Blind Guardian has only released two albums I have ever enjoyed. This was not one of them. 

Blind Guardian isn't something I would associate with quality, personally. I'd associate them with consistency, and mediocrity, in that they're consistently mediocre.

Harsh words for a good band.

As bavinck mentioned try new Angra. Serious Black – As Daylight Breaks from this year has cheesy name, but good musicians behind it. Last year Elvenking, Iced Earth, Sanctuary were pretty good. Power metal peaked in 90s or early 2000s for me, so a bit of a stagnant subgenre at this point unless you diving in fresh.

Most of the metal nowerdays is prog in some way, too broad for recommendation. So far this year Steven Wilson's new record is my favorite prog, but not metal at all.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #18,382 of 29,664
http://www.metalinjection.net/category/av/full-album-stream

What if I told you that you could listen to 25 of the top tier metal albums of 2015 in full any time you want and as many times as you want to listen to them?

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #18,383 of 29,664
I just switched to a silver plated cable for my westone pro50 iems. This brings out a fair bit of subbass which I like. Listening to leviathan Scar sighted I had no idea how much subbass rumble is going on on that album. So awesome. Anyone else experience this rumble on this album? It is not just something I hear, but I am feeling it too.

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #18,385 of 29,664
Ya, I am pretty sure you were the first. Then someone else seconded. Thanks!

Glad to hear! I recall recommending City in particular, unmatched in intensity and craziness. Which SYL records have you listened to so far? I usually dislike live albums, but No Sleep 'Till Bedtime (yes, I see what Devin did there) is absolutely fantastic. Devin's preface to Far Beyond Metal really captures the essence of metal in general and SYL in particular.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #18,388 of 29,664
City and Alien are my favorite two as well, but the others are still good albums. Funnily I was listening to City and then Casualties of Cool back to back on my HE6, amazing contrast by an amazing musician.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #18,389 of 29,664
So Z2, is this the worst production I have ever heard?  Compressed, congested, stodgy bass, muffled treble.  Well don Dev - TBH I know he might intend for his albums to sound like Schiit.

I actually went back to check I ripped the album properly, it sounds that broken.  Not sure I can get past the horrid production and listen to the music properly...

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #18,390 of 29,664
Jesus I love this song 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back