Lets Talk Metal
Apr 18, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #18,410 of 29,660
I can do some nu metal, but not limp bizkit or linkin park, korn is borderline. P.O.D is my bread and butter for nu metal (since '08 they have been all over the place), tho

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #18,412 of 29,660
The first 3 Korn albums are killer! Stuck mojo, static x, coal chamber, mudvayne...there's some great nu metal out there. Of course there is some terrible nu metal ha ha ha

I've been meaning to listen through all the albums by Korn, Static-X, and Mudvayne for years, but never got around to it. Only heard a few albums so far...

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #18,413 of 29,660
By the way, in case anyone wants some awesome metal in all sorts of subgenres, I am still selling most of my CD collection here. The reason I'm posting about it again is that I'm buying an HD 800 next week, want to save up for the HE1000, and am also saving up to cover living expenses for a new apartment...so every little bit helps!

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #18,414 of 29,660
A recent bollywood movie has this song towards the end. Unexpected. I am happy.

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #18,415 of 29,660
I think Nu Metal is an acquired taste. It starts out by liking one Coal Chamber song.........then you understand the album...........then you find yourself seeking out original CDs of the whole Korn output. Still, that is what is great about metal, it is always changing and folding back upon itself. It can take another genre and use it for awhile then drop it again.

Nu Metal got a bad rap, no pun intended. It became the metal most connected with strange fashion and piercings. Mullet hair cuts got connected with crime, thus Nu Metal failed and became as tacky as ..............well Hair Metal.
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2011/08/top_10_nu-metal_fashion_violat.php

The difference is that Hair Metal is accepted in Encyclopedia Metalium where as they refuse to list any album or band related to Nu Metal. Just that it itself places it very low, I love it just the same.:laughing:

Still this year I am looking forward to the new Coal Chamber but have no Hair Metal Bands on the radar?

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #18,416 of 29,660
By the way, in case anyone wants some awesome metal in all sorts of subgenres, I am still selling most of my CD collection here. The reason I'm posting about it again is that I'm buying an HD 800 next week, want to save up for the HE1000, and am also saving up to cover living expenses for a new apartment...so every little bit helps!

I am getting a HE-1000 for review. Stay tuned.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #18,417 of 29,660
The difference is that Hair Metal is accepted in Encyclopedia Metalium where as they refuse to list any album or band related to Nu Metal. Just that it itself places it very low, I love it just the same.:laughing:

Some bands related to nu metal are accepted. Just depends how "metal" they are. Slipknot was never accepted despite how heavy they are, since their style is mostly not technically metal per se. I was angry that they never accepted Zao, my favorite metalcore band that is so much more metal than many metalcore bands listed on the site. I'm actually a Veteran member there, meaning that I'm kind of a mini-moderator who can edit most parts of the site. I used to submit lyrics for lots of new albums.

I am getting a HE-1000 for review. Stay tuned.

Cool. I was selected for the beta test program, but not sure if I can make the deposit.

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #18,418 of 29,660
Some bands related to nu metal are accepted. Just depends how "metal" they are. Slipknot was never accepted despite how heavy they are, since their style is mostly not technically metal per se. I was angry that they never accepted Zao, my favorite metalcore band that is so much more metal than many metalcore bands listed on the site. I'm actually a Veteran member there, meaning that I'm kind of a mini-moderator who can edit most parts of the site. I used to submit lyrics for lots of new albums.

The website is maybe our main source of reference. Easy to use to get a quick answer.

I have been reading there for awhile.

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #18,419 of 29,660
The website is maybe our main source of reference. Easy to use to get a quick answer.

I have been reading there for awhile.

Yup. It's just too bad that many metal-ish / metal-related bands aren't listed there, so we have to look elsewhere for info on them.

The funny thing is, some bands that aren't remotely metal are listed there, if they are relevant enough to a metal band. For example, Dargaard (neoclassical darkwave, dark ambient) is listed because the man behind it was the original vocalist of the black metal band Abigor and has his own black metal band Amestigon.

But yeah, if anyone here wants to edit something at Metal-Archives.com but can't, I can help you out.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #18,420 of 29,660
New Paradise Lost 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back