Lets Talk Metal
Oct 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #16,816 of 29,647
I just listened to Sleeps "Dopesmoker"  The whole fricking thing with my 400i's and Burson.

Damn, I feel kinda weird, man.........

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #16,817 of 29,647
  I just listened to Sleeps "Dopesmoker"  The whole fricking thing with my 400i's and Burson.

Damn, I feel kinda weird, man.........

Wanna feel even weirder?

I love this stuff.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #16,818 of 29,647
Dude!  Nice!

I used to chat with the bassist from Bongripper. Great dude, great band.

And isn't Acid Mothers Temple required to own before you post here?  I thought it was in the FAQ somewhere...

By the way, I just downloaded the Southern Lord re-master of Dopesmoker off of Bandcamp in FLAC.  I can't believe the stuff they have on there!

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #16,819 of 29,647
   I used to chat with the bassist from Bongripper. Great dude, great band.

And isn't Acid Mothers Temple required to own before you post here?  I thought it was in the FAQ somewhere...

Oh I'm sure he is. My brother is friends with the Botanist guy. He even got him to play a gig next year in my hometown!

Excuse me? Own?

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #16,820 of 29,647
  Oh I'm sure he is. My brother is friends with the Botanist guy. He even got him to play a gig next year in my hometown!

Excuse me? Own?

Yeah.  I'm one of those freaks who supports bands by buying their music.  I know, it's blasphemy and all...

Seriously though, streaming is great.  But I really do like buy stuff when I can.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #16,821 of 29,647

Yeah.  I'm one of those freaks who supports bands by buying their music.  I know, it's blasphemy and all...

Seriously though, streaming is great.  But I really do like buy stuff when I can.

So do I, man. I have this album sitting here in my big ol' pile of CDs (the horribly messy pile that consists of around 900 CDs). I could even take a photo of it if you want me to :D
I was just a bit irritated by the whole FAQ thing.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #16,822 of 29,647
  So do I, man. I have this album sitting here in my big ol' pile of CDs (the horribly messy pile that consists of around 900 CDs). I could even take a photo of it if you want me to :D
I was just a bit irritated by the whole FAQ thing.

Sorry, man.  It might be an American, or Ohio thing, but I thought it was pretty funny, like all us boys owning "Frampton Comes Alive" back in the 70's.  Just a stupid joke, and not meant to be serious at all.

I hate it when I irritate people accidentally.  It's more fun when it's on purpose
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #16,823 of 29,647
What Do you guys think is the best Leprous record? I just started listening to them and really dig what they are doing. Tall Poppy Syndrome is my favorite one at the moment.

How does Coal sound in vinyl? The CD seems pretty compressed.

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #16,824 of 29,647
I swear I'm a broken record. So as far as Metal goes guys, I'm still diggin Cliff Burton Era Metallica and Animals as leaders, any new metal bands out there with... better yet any new Jazz/Metal Hybrid bands out there? I could use some more Animals as Leaders esqe metal 

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #16,825 of 29,647
Listening to Scott Walker and SunO))....this is going to take some work. Wiiiieeeerd....which isn't always a bad thing.

I don't know much about Walker other than he's experimental....operatic drone? Eh? I'm just not sure....

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #16,826 of 29,647
Finally figured out why I like the Older Metallica Albums... sonically listening to them is like having a wall of tiny little fists punch my ears, it's very very tactile and I really dig it, from the Crunch of the Guitars, to the kick of the bass and the growl of Cliffs Bass Guitar, every little sound reach out and touches my ears... REALLY REALLY fast xD and It's just cool. Guitar solos are... don't even start me there

of everything though I find vocals to be... the least tactile, just because I don't think there's a singer who can do with his voice what a guitarist does with his guitar, launch that wall of tactile shifts and lighting quick chord changes 

that said I really don't care for male vocals, now Metal with Female Vocals [and I mean the slow ish pretty kind I like] 

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #16,827 of 29,647
  Listening to Scott Walker and SunO))....this is going to take some work. Wiiiieeeerd....which isn't always a bad thing.

I don't know much about Walker other than he's experimental....operatic drone? Eh? I'm just not sure....

Keep at it. If I had to pick albums to go on a deserted island, I'd pick Scott's Tilt and The Drift first! Bish Bosch I'm not familiar with yet. It's so disgusting at times that I haven't had time to listen to it too many times. Yet. Soused is promising but a bit more tame compared to the three previous.

edit: And for those wondering, this is definitely a Scott record more than a Sunn O))) record

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #16,829 of 29,647

btw, I find it great how really skilled Celloists makes the greatest facial and bodyily movements while playing! I really need to learn that instrument 

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #16,830 of 29,647
Anaal Nathrakh........................................Holy Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back