Lets Talk Metal
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #16,561 of 29,647
Well I guess you can keep your left driver

What a great record. It's "experimental" for CC and I love it already

Great term for it. As we well know, experiments can go either way! This one was perfect.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #16,564 of 29,647

Professional ratings
Review scores
SourceRating
All About The Rock
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_full.svg.png
7px-Star_half.svg.png
7px-Star_empty.svg.png
[3]
MetalSucks
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[4]
Sputnik Music
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[5

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #16,565 of 29,647
They should stop putting out the same album every year. Not quite on AC/DC level but very close :|

You're crazy. Have you even listened to them? Until deceiver of the gods came out, with Oden on our side was a pretty unique album as far as amon Amarth albums go...I don't think Surtur rising and Deciever of the gods "sound the same" at all, any more than any two records by the same band will

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #16,567 of 29,647
You're crazy. Have you even listened to them? Until deceiver of the gods came out, with Oden on our side was a pretty unique album as far as amon Amarth albums go...I don't think Surtur rising and Deciever of the gods "sound the same" at all, any more than any two records by the same band will

Well Soup's, Amon Amarth are extremely formulaic, there is no question about that in my mind.

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #16,568 of 29,647

They should stop putting out the same album every year. Not quite on AC/DC level but very close :|

Well Soup's, Amon Amarth are extremely formulaic, there is no question about that in my mind.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #16,569 of 29,647
Just fell in love with some albums...Exoplanet is an intense and beautiful album. Holy moses! Might spend a lot of good hours with that one.
The Great Misdirect also is an outstanding record. So much variety and cool ideas. I think I might like it even more than Colors. Anyone knows how it sounds on vinyl? Some guy on discogs says it´s fantastic but I wanna be sure. Additionally I trust you guys the most when it comes to metal/ sound :D

Also currently getting into Planetary Duality...might also be something big, but seems to need some time to sink in. 

There is just so much metal out there right now and so many good albums still comming out this year. I´m happy :D

What upcomming albums are you guys looking forward to the most? 
For me it would probably be Black Crown Initiate and NeO.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #16,571 of 29,647

Also currently getting into Planetary Duality...might also be something big, but seems to need some time to sink in. 

Have you heard Autotheism yet? One of my favorite albums.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #16,574 of 29,647
  The Great Misdirect also is an outstanding record. So much variety and cool ideas. I think I might like it even more than Colors.

What upcomming albums are you guys looking forward to the most? 
For me it would probably be Black Crown Initiate and NeO.

+1
Swim To TheMoon is my favorite BTBAM song :wink:

Definitely NeO and Beyond Creation.
So far, Lantlôs Melting Sun is still my favorite album of the year, but I'm 99% sure that NeO will surpass it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back