Lets Talk Metal
Aug 31, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #16,321 of 29,660

Not sure where to post it, but whatever. They originally had nothing on the bottoms, so I added the little bumpers. The sound actually improved, so I just went a step further and splurged on these cones that are almost 1" by 1" ($20 for 16). We'll see how they do

EDIT: My stereo has been replaced with an actual band playing in my room.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #16,323 of 29,660

Not sure where to post it, but whatever. They originally had nothing on the bottoms, so I added the little bumpers. The sound actually improved, so I just went a step further and splurged on these cones that are almost 1" by 1" ($20 for 16). We'll see how they do

EDIT: My stereo has been replaced with an actual band playing in my room.

Are your speakers on stands-im going to get some as mine are on 2 bedroom tables.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #16,324 of 29,660
  Are your speakers on stands-im going to get some as mine are on 2 bedroom tables.

They sit on my record shelf, I don't have enough room for stands. My next project is a DIY turntable iso-platform

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #16,326 of 29,660
Cheers, we can be sad together. No big deal. Time.........................it gets everyone at some point. Lol

But you like IFs latest...honeslty RCM...I don't get that.

IFs is really crappy, like at best.

Pale Communion is great prog rock. I mean, do you not like any prog rock band from the 70s/80s? If that's the case, I kinda understand.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #16,327 of 29,660
I really don't understand this love affair people have with IFs.

Well, I did say I didn't like the new album much aside from some of the guitar riffs and leads.

In Flames is still my favorite band. That doesn't mean I don't love all other kinds of music, including other metal subgenres.

But you like IFs latest...honeslty RCM...I don't get that.

IFs is really crappy, like at best.

Pale Communion is great prog rock. I mean, do you not like any prog rock band from the 70s/80s? If that's the case, I kinda understand.

You hate all of In Flames' albums? Which melodic death metal bands do you like?

Most In Flames fans will agree that their '90s albums are anything but crappy, and some (not me) consider it to be the most legendary music ever.

I loved Damnation, but hated Pale Communion. I guess I only like prog rock if there is emotional impact and not just wankery.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #16,328 of 29,660
I'm slightly warming (slightly...) to pale communion. I'm not a prog fan, but it's pretty intricate, subtle stuff. It makes heritage look even worse, which is hard to do since it's unlistenable crap...it feels weird but I think PC is gonna grow on me big time

But maybe they should've renamed the band the mikael akerfeld project or something 70's ish...cause it still ain't Opeth

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #16,329 of 29,660
I'm slightly warming (slightly...) to pale communion. I'm not a prog fan, but it's pretty intricate, subtle stuff. It makes heritage look even worse, which is hard to do since it's unlistenable crap...it feels weird but I think PC is gonna grow on me big time

But maybe they should've renamed the band the mikael akerfeld project or something 70's ish...cause it still ain't Opeth

Totally agree. I've left the CD in my truck so I can listen to it driving to and from work (hour each way). Only the last song, Faith in Others, is unlistenable.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #16,330 of 29,660
I think Pale communion is great. Heritage, not so much 
tongue.gif
 Angry metal guy said well (about Watershed and Heritage) what I didn't know how to put into words: lazy compositions. Watershed was just kinda good but something was off. There were good moments but mostly, to me, it felt like they were just songs with a little twist and production fairy dust on top to finish it off. Not enough. 

I think Pale Communion is great.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #16,331 of 29,660
  If you think $15 are unusual for a Bandcamp download, check out these two bands and their reasonably priced music!

https://writheuk.bandcamp.com/album/the-shrouded-grove

£666

Pricetag of the Beast

They get a pass.

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #16,332 of 29,660

@Redcarmoose

Okay, I heard Siren Charms. Has some cool guitar riffs and leads. Aside from that, didn't like it much. I'll still buy it, though!

Well, I did say I didn't like the new album much aside from some of the guitar riffs and leads.

In Flames is still my favorite band. That doesn't mean I don't love all other kinds of music, including other metal subgenres.

You hate all of In Flames' albums? Which melodic death metal bands do you like?

Most In Flames fans will agree that their '90s albums are anything but crappy, and some (not me) consider it to be the most legendary music ever.

I loved Damnation, but hated Pale Communion. I guess I only like prog rock if there is emotional impact and not just wankery.

The only way I can explain why I like the new In Flames...........It is like eating at a memorable restaurant. Even if the food is 50% not good anymore it reminds you of times you had. I don't know why I like In Flames. I was into Black Metal (the most extreme you could find) and they were just commercial geeks in my eyes around 2002. Then something clicked. I got into them. I like the bands sound and I like the beat. I like their guitar sound and the vocals are interesting. They maybe are not cool anymore? It maybe that they have a very thin nu-metal influence or metal-core? Still they are great examples of Death Metal with a commercial edge? They are easy to listen to. In Flames sound good loud on speakers too!

Some of the songs on the new album do sound like Nickelback or something. It is chick metal now.LOL

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #16,333 of 29,660

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYe9-kUOsg

If you go to the 8 minute 50 second mark and listen to "Only For The Weak" from Clayman you may get what they are about?

This is what I think is their peak and a perfect gateway song for anyone who does not understand what they are about. It shows the perfect style that is natural for them. Don't try hard to listen to the song but let it wash over you. It has simple gothic overtones and a simple guitar lead. It is as if they are not trying but doing what it just natural. Thus we have the classic In Flames.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #16,334 of 29,660
Mix Slayer and numetal and you get their most hated album. I love it!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c23ttMF8ZAU

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #16,335 of 29,660
New mushroomhead video.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=24334

mushroomhead is awful and they've only gotten worse over the years which sucks because XX was such an amazing and original album. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back