Lets Talk Metal
Aug 27, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #16,291 of 29,662
  Btw I managed to rip the multichannel mixes of Once and preserve them. The Siren didn't sound as stupid with the live downmixing. The mix overall though was really different. It's obviously not just spread across the 5.1 system from stereo or anything but the guy doing it might actually have started from scratch.

Did you use the DVD software for ripping and foobar2000 for downmixing?

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #16,292 of 29,662
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #16,294 of 29,662
Maybe I should download foobar. Lol. Seems like the standard player on here. I just got the 3D appetite for democracy blu ray, so I might want to rip and downmix it, depending on the quality of the performance.

Ripping Blu-rays is far more intricate than ripping DVDs, from what I understand...but since you mentioned it at all, you probably have all the necessary equipment and software to do so.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #16,295 of 29,662

Maybe I should download foobar. Lol. Seems like the standard player on here. I just got the 3D appetite for democracy blu ray, so I might want to rip and downmix it, depending on the quality of the performance.

I ended up having some clitches with foobar till found the right driver combo and added WASAPI. WASAPI is an imperative add-on to Foobar in my book.

I was actually getting what sounded like timing issues and drop outs till I figured it all out. There is a lot you can do. Some members add cool themes that make the player look sexy and not as sterile looking.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #16,297 of 29,662
I ended up having some clitches with foobar till found the right driver combo and added WASAPI. WASAPI in an imperative add-on to Foobar in my book.

I was actually getting what sounded like timing issues and drop outs till I figured it all out. There is a lot you can do. Some members add cool themes that make the player look sexy and not as sterile looking.
Thanks got the heads up. Maybe this weekend I'll work on it. Should be fun!

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #16,298 of 29,662
Thanks got the heads up. Maybe this weekend I'll work on it. Should be fun!

With my Zoom G3 DAC I had to go in and actually take out the updated driver and go back to the first one for Foobar to be smooth? Listen for what sounds like timing issues? It could just be me? All fixed and working great now. I had timing issues with my Nuforce and Zoom G3 DAC.

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #16,299 of 29,662
Im kind of liking several of the songs off the new DragonForce...I seriously wasn't expecting this since they haven't released anything even resembling music since Valley of the Damned, but ill be damned if this song isn't cheesy awesomeness

I give you TOMORROW's KINGS

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #16,300 of 29,662
Fantastic new beyond Creation song!

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/beyond-creation-premiere-new-song-neurotical-transmissions.html

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #16,301 of 29,662
For those who haven't listened. This is seriously good:

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #16,302 of 29,662
Aug 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #16,304 of 29,662
  Im kind of liking several of the songs off the new DragonForce...I seriously wasn't expecting this since they haven't released anything even resembling music since Valley of the Damned, but ill be damned if this song isn't cheesy awesomeness

I give you TOMORROW's KINGS

the album is actually great...if taken song by song.  just fun cheesy stuff and honestly their musicianship is high quality no question

but i'm not sure who could sit down and listen to the whole thing at once LOL...i tried and didn't get that far, a little power goes a long ways ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back